Reply
Jan 22 2007
By: MichaelD~ I Only Post Everything 991 posts
Offline

Kojima Eyes 360, PC for Future Projects

44 replies 1 views Edited Jan 22, 2007
And still isn't sure about MGS4's online components.
By Patrick Klepek, 01/22/2007

It's been too long since we've had a Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots update, so, thankfully, GamePro managed to grab a few minutes of face time with Hideo Kojima, where he dodged almost every question until the interviewers gave up asking about Metal Gear focused on Kojima.
We learn a couple of interesting bits, including Kojima's personal interest in working on both Xbox 360 and the PC -- plus, he maintains he will make a Wii game at some point. He's been saying that for a while, though.

"Well, yes, I do have strong interest in creating something for the Xbox 360. In the US and Europe, it is selling, and I think it will sell a lot this year as well. I'm a fan of Gears of War as well, it's very interesting.
Frankly speaking, I want to create something on the PC. It's a multi-platform . I've been regularly studying work on the PC anyways, and I want to provide something as a world-wide platform because of the consequences with timing on the PlayStation platforms, MGS4 is actually for the PS3 only so far."

Also buried within the interview is a comment about the status of online multiplayer, a feature introduced in Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, where Kojima admits even he isn't sure about what's happening because Sony has yet to outline their online plans to him. Weird.

"Well, actually, Sony has not really spoken with us about their online plans. What I have is Metal Gear Online, and I'm always thinking of how we can conduct this plan on the Sony platform.
You better not be the reason MGS4 misses its 2007 release date, Sony.

Courtesy from 1up.com
mclldavidson's Gamercard

Get your own Gamercard Sig






PS3 ID is Michael_D
Message 1 of 45 (1 View)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 12/23/2005
Offline
2598 posts
 

Re: Kojima Eyes 360, PC for Future Projects

Jan 22, 2007
i just read this on 1up.com and its crazy i bet in a year MGS4 will be on the xbox360Smiley Surprised



Message Edited by meggaa_godzilla on 01-22-2007 12:08 PM
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Message 2 of 45 (1 View)
Reply
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 12/03/2003
Offline
31106 posts
 

Re: Kojima Eyes 360, PC for Future Projects

Jan 22, 2007


meggaa_godzilla wrote:
i just read this on 1up.com and its crazy i bet in a year MGS4 will be on the xbox360Smiley Surprised



Message Edited by meggaa_godzilla on 01-22-2007 12:08 PM


dont see how thats possible since mgs4 needs a dual layer blu-ray disc (50gb)
Message 3 of 45 (1 View)
Reply
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
Registered: 09/16/2004
Offline
28040 posts
 

Re: Kojima Eyes 360, PC for Future Projects

Jan 22, 2007


MichaelD wrote:
And still isn't sure about MGS4's online components.
By Patrick Klepek, 01/22/2007

It's been too long since we've had a Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots update, so, thankfully, GamePro managed to grab a few minutes of face time with Hideo Kojima, where he dodged almost every question until the interviewers gave up asking about Metal Gear focused on Kojima.
We learn a couple of interesting bits, including Kojima's personal interest in working on both Xbox 360 and the PC -- plus, he maintains he will make a Wii game at some point. He's been saying that for a while, though.

"Well, yes, I do have strong interest in creating something for the Xbox 360. In the US and Europe, it is selling, and I think it will sell a lot this year as well. I'm a fan of Gears of War as well, it's very interesting.
Frankly speaking, I want to create something on the PC. It's a multi-platform . I've been regularly studying work on the PC anyways, and I want to provide something as a world-wide platform because of the consequences with timing on the PlayStation platforms, MGS4 is actually for the PS3 only so far."

Also buried within the interview is a comment about the status of online multiplayer, a feature introduced in Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, where Kojima admits even he isn't sure about what's happening because Sony has yet to outline their online plans to him. Weird.

"Well, actually, Sony has not really spoken with us about their online plans. What I have is Metal Gear Online, and I'm always thinking of how we can conduct this plan on the Sony platform.
You better not be the reason MGS4 misses its 2007 release date, Sony.

Courtesy from 1up.com


*sigh* Patrick Klepek that sarcastic little...
 
1UP going down the crapper.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Get your Portable ID! | Killer Bees on the Swarm
Message 4 of 45 (1 View)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 12/23/2005
Offline
2598 posts
 

Re: Kojima Eyes 360, PC for Future Projects

Jan 22, 2007


canadaeh wrote:


meggaa_godzilla wrote:
i just read this on 1up.com and its crazy i bet in a year MGS4 will be on the xbox360Smiley Surprised



Message Edited by meggaa_godzilla on 01-22-2007 12:08 PM


dont see how thats possible since mgs4 needs a dual layer blu-ray disc (50gb)


did you know back in the day some games were so big that they came on more than one dvd aka final fantasy anyone
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Message 5 of 45 (1 View)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/15/2006
Offline
5818 posts
 

Re: Kojima Eyes 360, PC for Future Projects

Jan 22, 2007
If he creates new IPs for the Xbox 360 , hopefully they're story-driven like MGS ( not saying it needs to be similar to the MGS series , just how compelling the story was ) and becomes a successful franchise.

Can you see.. Arbiter ? The moment of salvation.. is upon us.
Message 6 of 45 (1 View)
Reply
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 12/03/2003
Offline
31106 posts
 

Re: Kojima Eyes 360, PC for Future Projects

Jan 22, 2007


meggaa_godzilla wrote:


canadaeh wrote:


meggaa_godzilla wrote:
i just read this on 1up.com and its crazy i bet in a year MGS4 will be on the xbox360Smiley Surprised



Message Edited by meggaa_godzilla on 01-22-2007 12:08 PM


dont see how thats possible since mgs4 needs a dual layer blu-ray disc (50gb)


did you know back in the day some games were so big that they came on more than one dvd aka final fantasy anyone



sure if you enjoy swapping discs, in which case i dont care for it.
Message 7 of 45 (1 View)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/15/2006
Offline
5818 posts
 

Re: Kojima Eyes 360, PC for Future Projects

Jan 22, 2007


meggaa_godzilla wrote:


canadaeh wrote:


meggaa_godzilla wrote:
i just read this on 1up.com and its crazy i bet in a year MGS4 will be on the xbox360Smiley Surprised



Message Edited by meggaa_godzilla on 01-22-2007 12:08 PM


dont see how thats possible since mgs4 needs a dual layer blu-ray disc (50gb)


did you know back in the day some games were so big that they came on more than one dvd aka final fantasy anyone


Swapping 2-3 disks is alright. Swapping 6+ disks ? No thanks.

Can you see.. Arbiter ? The moment of salvation.. is upon us.
Message 8 of 45 (1 View)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 12/23/2005
Offline
2598 posts
 

Re: Kojima Eyes 360, PC for Future Projects

Jan 22, 2007


canadaeh wrote:


meggaa_godzilla wrote:


canadaeh wrote:


meggaa_godzilla wrote:
i just read this on 1up.com and its crazy i bet in a year MGS4 will be on the xbox360Smiley Surprised



Message Edited by meggaa_godzilla on 01-22-2007 12:08 PM


dont see how thats possible since mgs4 needs a dual layer blu-ray disc (50gb)


did you know back in the day some games were so big that they came on more than one dvd aka final fantasy anyone



sure if you enjoy swapping discs, in which case i dont care for it.


yeah you say that now but i never cared about that im just schooling you thats all
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Message 9 of 45 (1 View)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/24/2006
Offline
6062 posts
 

Re: Kojima Eyes 360, PC for Future Projects

Jan 22, 2007


meggaa_godzilla wrote:
i just read this on 1up.com and its crazy i bet in a year MGS4 will be on the xbox360Smiley Surprised



Message Edited by meggaa_godzilla on 01-22-2007 12:08 PM

So many say MGS4 will be ported to the Xbox 360 because of buisness.  Anyone remember MGS2 going to th orginal xbox?  And what happened?  It flopped, horribly.  So why would he want to port MGS4 to the Xbox 360?
Message 10 of 45 (1 View)
Reply
0 Likes