Highlighted
Nov 21 2006
By: vc_overclocked Treasure Hunter 7820 posts

Just finished my computer, would like to share some wisdom.

4 replies 2 views Edited Nov 21, 2006
I just finished building my new computer, and this is for all you who are thinking of doing the same;

1. Don't build the bleeding-edge product. Mid-range to mid-high components are priced best.
2. Design it so you can expand later. For instance, any graphics card you buy today will be outdated 2 years from now or less.
3. Don't do bargain-bin deals. Always buy from the big names, i.e., Asus for motherboards, Enermax for power supplies, etc. etc.
4. Be on the lookout for parts that will soon become obsolete. If you buy agraphics card with DirectX 9, you many need a new card soon, as DirectX 10 gains momentum. So, get a cheaper DirectX 9 card to hold you over.
5. Use a wrist strap to ground yourself when working inside a computer. Or keep a foot or hand on a grounded object such as your power supply or the bottom of a metal desk, respectively (don't put your foot on the power supply).
6. Do everything you can to ensure parts compatibility. You can come to me, aznsniper, Ilovecows, coreno, or just post a message on the boards if you're not sure.

I think that's about it. Good luck to you, if you plan on building!

O.C.
Formerly "Overclocked Cellist"
Message 1 of 5 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2522 posts

Re: Just finished my computer, would like to share some wisdom.

Nov 21, 2006
man your GUI is clunky and old.

Overclocked Cellist wrote:
I just finished building my new computer, and this is for all you who are thinking of doing the same;

1. Don't build the bleeding-edge product. Mid-range to mid-high components are priced best.
2. Design it so you can expand later. For instance, any graphics card you buy today will be outdated 2 years from now or less.
3. Don't do bargain-bin deals. Always buy from the big names, i.e., Asus for motherboards, Enermax for power supplies, etc. etc.
4. Be on the lookout for parts that will soon become obsolete. If you buy agraphics card with DirectX 9, you many need a new card soon, as DirectX 10 gains momentum. So, get a cheaper DirectX 9 card to hold you over.
5. Use a wrist strap to ground yourself when working inside a computer. Or keep a foot or hand on a grounded object such as your power supply or the bottom of a metal desk, respectively (don't put your foot on the power supply).
6. Do everything you can to ensure parts compatibility. You can come to me, aznsniper, Ilovecows, coreno, or just post a message on the boards if you're not sure.

I think that's about it. Good luck to you, if you plan on building!

O.C.

Message 2 of 5 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
11132 posts

Nov 21, 2006
what are the specs of your computer?

Message 3 of 5 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
24213 posts

Nov 21, 2006

Lkr721993 wrote:
what are the specs of your computer?

if you do post them put hem here: CLOCKY
Photobucket
Message 4 of 5 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4783 posts

Nov 21, 2006
I couldn't agree more....
Message 5 of 5 (2 Views)
0 Likes