Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

Re: Job Interview Tomorrow, Need Advice

May 19, 2014

ossiecastro5 wrote:

I'm curious, does Abercrombie and Fitch have a bad reputation?

Click the link I just provided... read a little into it and deicde if that is the type of company you want to work for. If you do, it will speak volumes about your personality. It's up to you whether you consider that good or bad.

In my personal opinion: A&F is an elitist, self-righteous, condescending, fake body-image exploiting company.

Message 21 of 37 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
22581 posts

[ Edited ]
May 19, 2014

ossiecastro5 wrote:

I'm curious, does Abercrombie and Fitch have a bad reputation?

http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Employee-Review-Abercrombie-and-Fitch-RVW2912967.htm

you can read some reviews from employees of the company

but it's hard to tell if the reviews are reliable or not.... 

the only way to find out is work for the company yourself

What Are Internet TROLLS ?
To QUOTE- TOP RIGHT of the reply box - To MULTI-QUOTE
PSP and PS3 owner..YES...i still play the LAST GEN systems
****still waiting for The LAST GUARDIAN****
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 22 of 37 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

May 19, 2014

GOW71 wrote:

ossiecastro5 wrote:

GOW71 wrote:

Dress the part of which you are applying for. A suit and tie is overdressed for say a line cook position. Be confident and KNOW why you want to work there.

The employees there dressed casually, which makes me indifferent on how to appear. 

I missed where it was at Abercrombie & Fitch... oops. Wear a polo and cargo khaki shorts and show up with sense of entitlement and insist you are better looking that the majority of the people that will walk into the store. You'll do just fine.

LOL I just noticed that you marked this as the answer to the thread! Priceless. I'll add this to my growing stack of officially answered threads.

Message 23 of 37 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

May 19, 2014

Confidence is definitely a key component. Don't get too worked out and always keep with a smile and a firm hand-shake at the beginning Smiley Wink

young beard signature
Message 24 of 37 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

May 19, 2014

For every hour you work at A&F you need to spend 3 in the gym, and it wouldn't hurt to have some botox injections either.

Message 25 of 37 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7955 posts

May 19, 2014
You have reliable transportation...

You have a friendly attitude...

You need the money and don't mind being called in...

You have an eye for fashion...

You want to manage a clothing store...

You're a hard worker...

You're honest...

(even if you have to lie, this is what you want to say. I interview people regularly. I'm a manager)

If you have to take a personality test just give them the answers they would want to hear from their employees...
Hey That Chris signature
Message 26 of 37 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13569 posts

May 20, 2014

GOW71 wrote:

GOW71 wrote:

ossiecastro5 wrote:

GOW71 wrote:

Dress the part of which you are applying for. A suit and tie is overdressed for say a line cook position. Be confident and KNOW why you want to work there.

The employees there dressed casually, which makes me indifferent on how to appear. 

I missed where it was at Abercrombie & Fitch... oops. Wear a polo and cargo khaki shorts and show up with sense of entitlement and insist you are better looking that the majority of the people that will walk into the store. You'll do just fine.

LOL I just noticed that you marked this as the answer to the thread! Priceless. I'll add this to my growing stack of officially answered threads.

I was honestly going to change it to what Pilgrim said, but it wouldn't let me.

I see that this company I signed up for isn't very positive in reviews. It was even in the running for 'worst company in America 2014' but lost to Walmart. But this is only a part time job for a few months; I do not know what harm that may bring. They are currently the only place that responded to my job applications.

Message 27 of 37 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

May 20, 2014

ossiecastro5 wrote:

GOW71 wrote:

GOW71 wrote:

ossiecastro5 wrote:

GOW71 wrote:

I see that this company I signed up for isn't very positive in reviews. It was even in the running for 'worst company in America 2014' but lost to Walmart. But this is only a part time job for a few months; I do not know what harm that may bring. They are currently the only place that responded to my job applications.

Ah hindsight... well good luck with your interview.  Try not to become as shallow as the people you may end up working for. One last piece of advice: working somewhere where you will be fulfilled as a person according to your beliefs is always more important than a couple bucks.

Message 28 of 37 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
22581 posts

May 20, 2014

ossiecastro5 wrote:

a job is a job..    who cares what people thinks about the company..

just prepare for tomorrow..

What Are Internet TROLLS ?
To QUOTE- TOP RIGHT of the reply box - To MULTI-QUOTE
PSP and PS3 owner..YES...i still play the LAST GEN systems
****still waiting for The LAST GUARDIAN****
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 29 of 37 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
55055 posts

May 20, 2014

GOW71 wrote:

Make sure you know all about who is at the top of your corporate structure and impress them with your knowledge of company history! Here's a good start: http://elitedaily.com/humor/the-10-most-ridiculous-things-mike-jeffries-ceo-of-abercrombie-fitch-has...

The more I read the more I like that guy, he is such a jerk and loves it.......remind you of anyone?  Smiley Tongue

Message 30 of 37 (59 Views)
0 Likes