Reply
Highlighted
May 19 2014
By: ossiecastro5 Ghost of Sparta 13569 posts
Offline
Accepted Solution

Job Interview Tomorrow, Need Advice

36 replies 213 views Edited May 19, 2014

Hello everyone!

 

I am currently away from my University for summer vacation and will not be back until the end of August. I applied for a job in numerous locations on Satuday. I got a call from Abercrombie & Fitch today saying that I have a job interview for tomorrow.

 

I have never had a job before, nor a job interview. Is there any advice anyone can give for a job interview? Is there anyone with experiance with a job interview? This will be my first time and, I admit, I'm a bit nervous.

 

Thank you.

Message 1 of 37 (213 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/18/2012
Offline
4550 posts
 

Re: Job Interview Tomorrow, Need Advice

May 19, 2014

Be confident and show that you really know what you're doing there. They love people who can really understand it.


<

         photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

                                                 Welcoming Committee   

Message 2 of 37 (205 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 10/02/2011
Offline
7546 posts
 

Re: Job Interview Tomorrow, Need Advice

May 19, 2014

Dress the part of which you are applying for. A suit and tie is overdressed for say a line cook position. Be confident and KNOW why you want to work there.

Message 3 of 37 (195 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/23/2013
Offline
2971 posts
 

Re: Job Interview Tomorrow, Need Advice

[ Edited ]
May 19, 2014

Write the date in Roman numerals. Makes you look sophisticated. An old Classical Studies teacher of mine told of how it opened up some conversation paths during his interview.

 photo Steak_zps70cec71c.jpg
Message 4 of 37 (192 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 07/27/2012
Offline
13569 posts
 

Re: Job Interview Tomorrow, Need Advice

May 19, 2014

King_xO-AsSaSSin wrote:

Be confident and show that you really know what you're doing there. They love people who can really understand it.


I understood the qualifications presented and I feel I can work up to their expectations. But I do not know what to expect in the interview.

Message 5 of 37 (190 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 07/27/2012
Offline
13569 posts
 

Re: Job Interview Tomorrow, Need Advice

May 19, 2014

GOW71 wrote:

Dress the part of which you are applying for. A suit and tie is overdressed for say a line cook position. Be confident and KNOW why you want to work there.


The employees there dressed casually, which makes me indifferent on how to appear. 

Message 6 of 37 (183 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 10/02/2011
Offline
7546 posts
 

Re: Job Interview Tomorrow, Need Advice

May 19, 2014

ossiecastro5 wrote:

GOW71 wrote:

Dress the part of which you are applying for. A suit and tie is overdressed for say a line cook position. Be confident and KNOW why you want to work there.


The employees there dressed casually, which makes me indifferent on how to appear. 


I missed where it was at Abercrombie & Fitch... oops. Wear a polo and cargo khaki shorts and show up with sense of entitlement and insist you are better looking that the majority of the people that will walk into the store. You'll do just fine.

Message 7 of 37 (166 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 07/27/2012
Offline
13569 posts
 

Re: Job Interview Tomorrow, Need Advice

May 19, 2014

GOW71 wrote:

ossiecastro5 wrote:

GOW71 wrote:

Dress the part of which you are applying for. A suit and tie is overdressed for say a line cook position. Be confident and KNOW why you want to work there.


The employees there dressed casually, which makes me indifferent on how to appear. 


I missed where it was at Abercrombie & Fitch... oops. Wear a polo and cargo khaki shorts and show up with sense of entitlement and insist you are better looking that the majority of the people that will walk into the store. You'll do just fine.


I don't know if appearance will matter much. But I will try my best to 'stand out'. Thank you.

Message 8 of 37 (155 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Platinum
Registered: 12/21/2007
Online
55067 posts
 

Re: Job Interview Tomorrow, Need Advice

May 19, 2014

ossiecastro5 wrote:

Hello everyone!

 

I am currently away from my University for summer vacation and will not be back until the end of August. I applied for a job in numerous locations on Satuday. I got a call from Abercrombie & Fitch today saying that I have a job interview for tomorrow.

 

I have never had a job before, nor a job interview. Is there any advice anyone can give for a job interview? Is there anyone with experiance with a job interview? This will be my first time and, I admit, I'm a bit nervous.

 

Thank you.


This is your first job so you have to worry about people being nervous that you won't get the responsibilities.  Just be positive, have a few questions to ask such as "what do I have to do, what are my responsibilties every shift" instead of "how much will I make, what kind of breaks to we get"  Smiley Wink.       

 

I was the hiring manager for the TJX companies for 2 years and currently take care of hiring for the current place I work.   Just come in with an attitude that says "I'm ready to listen, work, and learn" and the hiring manager will be happy.   Especially at any retailer, most retailers are used to bad employees so if you can come across as fresh and wanting to learn and be helpful it will help.   At least if you came to me it would. 

Message 9 of 37 (168 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
Registered: 05/24/2009
Offline
18676 posts
 

Re: Job Interview Tomorrow, Need Advice

May 19, 2014
Pee on everything to assert dominance.


RE-THINK SALAD


Message 10 of 37 (173 Views)