Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
2175 posts

Re: HACKERS ATTACK AGAIN!!!

Oct 24, 2012

Doppelgangergang wrote:

DPsx7 wrote:

With all these useless and unwanted updates I must say they had it coming. I collect games so I'm not interested in the piracy aspect, but it's time Sony learned they can't keep forcing this BS on us. The only feature I was disappointed to lose was BC but if people paid for the hardware with such things they should be able to keep it without losing other functionality.

Until Sony quits updating I'm afraid I'll continue to cheer for the hacking community. My goal is to have a PS3 that plays all retail games and connects to PSN without any other interference. Take out the movie playback, the browser, Home, all the non-gaming fluff. It wastes my drive space.

Actually, if it wasn't for F/W updates we won't have cloud saves. Or even PSN itself. (PSN was patched in after the PS3 was released)

And really, what have hackers done for us? Nothing but a lot of trouble. Just wait until they release a RAM editor that allows them to cheat online like how they did it on the PSP... Now that would be interference for your gaming experience.

What cloud saves? I don't have or use anything like that. It's unnecessary anyway.

It's what the hackers CAN do. Piracy isn't the focus, we just want hardware without all this **bleep** fluff and interference. Cheating online isn't even that big a deal, there's a ton of games and servers to choose from.

Too many games, too little time.
Message 11 of 18 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2175 posts

Oct 24, 2012

Emerald_Swords wrote:

DPsx7 wrote:

But updating IS worth the hassle? Nuh uh. These keys mean even the new FW's can be unlocked. That's why it's news.

If Sony stopped updating then there wouldn't be a problem.

I completely disagree with that statement, if it weren't for the system updates, the ps3 would have been hacked to death and would be easily hackable which would equal having to worry about publisher support etc....look at the psp and see how it turned out in the end. Ever since the Psn blackout, Sony have been much more vigilant over the security of the console.

Incorrect. The PSP failed because purchased retail games stopped working on 1.50 FW so there was no reason to support the system. They forgot to produce enough good games, much like how they're blowing it with the Vita now. Hardware doesn't matter, the games do. That's why the DS and 3DS are steamrolling Sony's handhelds.

Furthermore if hacking was that dangerous then explain why the DS and Wii were still so successful? They're hacked, it didn't matter. Basically when you lose focus on gaming for other unwanted features or simply **bleep** your customers off, they leave. Hacking has almost nothing to do with it. Hell look at the PC. Sales are down BECAUSE of DRM, it's not a solution. I quit PC gaming due to that stuff. I'm only interested in the games, not jumping through hoops every day.

Message 12 of 18 (151 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
5669 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 24, 2012

The psp has tons of amazing games and the devices sold much more than expected so it was a success for Sony, developers were put off because how easy it was to pirate the games. Piracy= No sale for hardworking developers which means they won't want to develop and waste resources, i have more people that i know with a hacked psp than a hacked DS.

It's Nintendo anyway, whatever they publish will sell regardless, much like the Apple fanboys. Sony has a ton of great games on the vita, but we're definitely seeing an increase of games for the vita this coming holiday and hopefully goes on for next year.

As for the firmware updates on ps3, they take 5-10 minutes to complete anyway so they shouldn't be a problem for anyone...oh yeah i haven't even looked at an update screen in a long time since playstation plus was introduced to me.

Message 13 of 18 (141 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15653 posts

Oct 24, 2012

This is only "good" information to people who like to commit piracy and hack online lobbies.

This information carries no meaning to a "legit" person and the thread title shouldn't be "hackers attack again" as it sends the wrong message

Logic, who would've thought eh? Oh wait.... No one thinks anymore.
Message 14 of 18 (108 Views)
Uncharted Territory
2175 posts

Oct 24, 2012

Nah, after the first year or two the PSP forgot it existed. A similar problem exists with the Vita in that we want original games not watered down ports. I bought those games for my PS2 instead. Again piracy isn't as problematic as they want you to believe. Had it a better library then people wouldn't have had to program emulators for their PSP.

Precisely, good games sell regardless if a platform is hacked. I think it smarter to ignore hacking and updates and just focus on the games. People will buy them. Hacking isn't going to go away and the worse it gets the harder they push back. Also the more annoying it gets the more people seek third party support instead. DRM causes piracy/hacking. Updates cause piracy/hacking. It's not hard to see that.

What games on Vita? I bought several at launch during a B2G1 sale and only have gotten a lousy 2 since. My 3DS already has twice as many games AND it doesn't beg me to update. Sales speak who is doing it right and who's wrong.

Plus is a joke, I'm not spending $50 to rent games. And the freebies are years old and can be bought at retail for much less. What a terrible program. Worst part is Sony no longer gives us good sales on PSN so I stopped buying games that are over $10.

Nope, wrong. I'm as legit as they come because I collect games. However I won't stand quietly as these annoyances infect my console every other week. WE DON'T WANT THIS CRAP. If Sony wants to keep disabling the platform then it's no surprise more people explore the benefits of hacking. There are many more advantages than just getting games free. 

Message 15 of 18 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7616 posts

Oct 24, 2012

DPsx7 wrote:

Plus is a joke, I'm not spending $50 to rent games.

Well, if you are talking about the annual $50 cost to have Plus, yes, technically it is a rental. And a justified one at that.

Once you stop paying, the "free" games go away. But you don't get a chance to watch what you previously watched on Netflix when you stop your subscription, nor do you get Cable TV when you stop paying for that too.

FIVE YEARS ON PLAYSTATION FORUMS

YOUTUBE REVIEWS ~ TROPHIES ~ GAMING YOUTUBE ~ LITTLEBIGPLANET

Bitcoin is nice. Dogecoin is nice too.
dd58bb65b61e7ab81198f3cc66aa5896c7fd690a
Message 16 of 18 (65 Views)
MVP Support
17682 posts

Oct 25, 2012

DPsx7 wrote:

With all these useless and unwanted updates I must say they had it coming. I collect games so I'm not interested in the piracy aspect, but it's time Sony learned they can't keep forcing this BS on us. The only feature I was disappointed to lose was BC but if people paid for the hardware with such things they should be able to keep it without losing other functionality.

Until Sony quits updating I'm afraid I'll continue to cheer for the hacking community. My goal is to have a PS3 that plays all retail games and connects to PSN without any other interference. Take out the movie playback, the browser, Home, all the non-gaming fluff. It wastes my drive space.

What do you mean you lost BC? Backwards compatability? My original 60g is still totally BC and it had all the updates to firmware up to and including 4.30. Nobody lost BC.

Message 17 of 18 (53 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

Oct 25, 2012

As someone that has a phone that is hacked to death, i cought an interest in hacking my ps3 when i heard it could be done.  But once i was told that if you were cought, you would be locked out of psn for LIFE!!  That made it totally not even an option in my mind.  I have a slim ps3, so BC would be cool, since i do still have some ps2 games that i would like to play.  But it's not that important to me, and i have deemed it "not worth it".

but thats just my opinion :smileywink:

photo CIMG1810_zpse1fd5a4d.jpg
Message 18 of 18 (50 Views)
0 Likes