Reply
Last Guardian
Registered: 05/09/2005
Offline
13055 posts
 

Re: Is this monitor HD?

Nov 26, 2006


nyzballa12 wrote:


Evil v2 wrote:


nyzballa12 wrote:


sthpark7791 wrote:
I saw it at bestbuy.

-looks fugly..the bezel was large...that's probably why..Smiley Very Happy
-seemed a bit blury but that's probably becasue the workers never tweaked the settings
-it was huge..which is a plus
-colors didnt seem as deep as other monitors


keep an eye out the next couple of weeks for the Best buy ads. they'll likely have it for less then $350.


Thanks for the heads up Do you think it would be big enough to play a 360 on from 10ft away and still see the picture comfortably?


Why do you need to play it from 10 feet away?  I know that my living room tv, which is a 60 inch plasma, has a viewing distance from 15'-20'.  I think that would be too far from the screen of that size to even see the detail of the HD picture.  If you have to sit that far away, I would suggest an EDTV which has a 480p resolution.  They are cheaper as far as tvs go and you can get a bigger one for that distance.


Because that's how far away I am from the where I'm going to put it in my room. I can put it on the wall and then I would only be around 6 feet away from it. Would that be better suited for a 22"?


Yeah that would.  I'll try to find the specs for viewing distances.... found it although it doesn't go that small.  6 feet will be pushing it for that screen size but meh, it's good enough I'd say.



Death is not sad, only life never lived.
~Socrates
Message 21 of 37 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/05/2005
Offline
8934 posts
 

Re: Is this monitor HD?

Nov 26, 2006


Evil v2 wrote:


nyzballa12 wrote:


Evil v2 wrote:


nyzballa12 wrote:


sthpark7791 wrote:
I saw it at bestbuy.

-looks fugly..the bezel was large...that's probably why..Smiley Very Happy
-seemed a bit blury but that's probably becasue the workers never tweaked the settings
-it was huge..which is a plus
-colors didnt seem as deep as other monitors


keep an eye out the next couple of weeks for the Best buy ads. they'll likely have it for less then $350.


Thanks for the heads up Do you think it would be big enough to play a 360 on from 10ft away and still see the picture comfortably?


Why do you need to play it from 10 feet away?  I know that my living room tv, which is a 60 inch plasma, has a viewing distance from 15'-20'.  I think that would be too far from the screen of that size to even see the detail of the HD picture.  If you have to sit that far away, I would suggest an EDTV which has a 480p resolution.  They are cheaper as far as tvs go and you can get a bigger one for that distance.


Because that's how far away I am from the where I'm going to put it in my room. I can put it on the wall and then I would only be around 6 feet away from it. Would that be better suited for a 22"?


Yeah that would.  I'll try to find the specs for viewing distances.... found it although it doesn't go that small.  6 feet will be pushing it for that screen size but meh, it's good enough I'd say.




h/o lemme go measure Smiley Tongue brb
Gamertag: nyzballa12
134 LB FAM and East 161 Blood Fam you noe it
Fresh bandana and I'm blowin mad trees
YEH DIG?!
Message 22 of 37 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 05/09/2005
Offline
13055 posts
 

Re: Is this monitor HD?

Nov 26, 2006


nyzballa12 wrote:



Because that's how far away I am from the where I'm going to put it in my room. I can put it on the wall and then I would only be around 6 feet away from it. Would that be better suited for a 22"?


Yeah that would.  I'll try to find the specs for viewing distances.... found it although it doesn't go that small.  6 feet will be pushing it for that screen size but meh, it's good enough I'd say.




h/o lemme go measure Smiley Tongue brb


Haha I thought you already measured.

Death is not sad, only life never lived.
~Socrates
Message 23 of 37 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/05/2005
Offline
8934 posts
 

Re: Is this monitor HD?

Nov 26, 2006
It's about 6-7 ft I just measure it
Gamertag: nyzballa12
134 LB FAM and East 161 Blood Fam you noe it
Fresh bandana and I'm blowin mad trees
YEH DIG?!
Message 24 of 37 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/05/2005
Offline
8934 posts
 

Re: Is this monitor HD?

Nov 26, 2006


Evil v2 wrote:


nyzballa12 wrote:



Because that's how far away I am from the where I'm going to put it in my room. I can put it on the wall and then I would only be around 6 feet away from it. Would that be better suited for a 22"?


Yeah that would.  I'll try to find the specs for viewing distances.... found it although it doesn't go that small.  6 feet will be pushing it for that screen size but meh, it's good enough I'd say.




h/o lemme go measure Smiley Tongue brb


Haha I thought you already measured.


Na, I estimated and  I was close Smiley Surprised
Gamertag: nyzballa12
134 LB FAM and East 161 Blood Fam you noe it
Fresh bandana and I'm blowin mad trees
YEH DIG?!
Message 25 of 37 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 05/09/2005
Offline
13055 posts
 

Re: Is this monitor HD?

Nov 26, 2006


nyzballa12 wrote:
It's about 6-7 ft I just measure it


Hmm I guess that will be OK but still not too great to see the HD picture from that small of a screen.

Death is not sad, only life never lived.
~Socrates
Message 26 of 37 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 07/07/2006
Offline
363 posts
 

Re: Is this monitor HD?

Nov 26, 2006
I cant tell what it is.
Message 27 of 37 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/05/2005
Offline
8934 posts
 

Re: Is this monitor HD?

Nov 26, 2006


Evil v2 wrote:


nyzballa12 wrote:
It's about 6-7 ft I just measure it


Hmm I guess that will be OK but still not too great to see the HD picture from that small of a screen.


I used to play my original Xbox on a 19" SDTV Smiley Tongue I used to be 8 ft. away and see fine Smiley Tongue I may just wait until after christmas and buy a nice 32"  or 27" hdtv
Gamertag: nyzballa12
134 LB FAM and East 161 Blood Fam you noe it
Fresh bandana and I'm blowin mad trees
YEH DIG?!
Message 28 of 37 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 05/09/2005
Offline
13055 posts
 

Re: Is this monitor HD?

Nov 26, 2006


nyzballa12 wrote:


Evil v2 wrote:


nyzballa12 wrote:
It's about 6-7 ft I just measure it


Hmm I guess that will be OK but still not too great to see the HD picture from that small of a screen.


I used to play my original Xbox on a 19" SDTV Smiley Tongue I used to be 8 ft. away and see fine Smiley Tongue I may just wait until after christmas and buy a nice 32"  or 27" hdtv


Yeah that's what I would do

Death is not sad, only life never lived.
~Socrates
Message 29 of 37 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/05/2005
Offline
8934 posts
 

Re: Is this monitor HD?

Nov 26, 2006


Evil v2 wrote:


nyzballa12 wrote:


Evil v2 wrote:


nyzballa12 wrote:
It's about 6-7 ft I just measure it


Hmm I guess that will be OK but still not too great to see the HD picture from that small of a screen.


I used to play my original Xbox on a 19" SDTV Smiley Tongue I used to be 8 ft. away and see fine Smiley Tongue I may just wait until after christmas and buy a nice 32"  or 27" hdtv


Yeah that's what I would do


Sounds good
Gamertag: nyzballa12
134 LB FAM and East 161 Blood Fam you noe it
Fresh bandana and I'm blowin mad trees
YEH DIG?!
Message 30 of 37 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes