Reply
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 10/08/2006
Offline
1175 posts
 

Re: Is this HDTV worth the money?

Nov 24, 2006


Pavo Loco wrote:
Guys, what does all of this mean?

  • Built-In HDTV Tuner: Add HD-capable antenna to receive over-the-air high-definition broadcasts, where available. Optional set-top box required for high-definition cable or satellite programming.
Pretty much that u can receiver Over-The-Air Digital Channels, so pretty much EDTV or HDTV channels with an antenae, if u want HD Satellite or Cable channels u will have to get those from ur provider.
  • HDMI input provides an uncompressed all-digital audio/video link for the highest-quality connection and supports copy-protected HD broadcast content
Pretty much the best type of connection for an HDTV, pure digital

  • 1366 x 768 resolution
The resolution for the monitor, and for the 360, just get the HD Cable or the Component Cable that comes with the Premium system and use it, and u can get upto 1080i with Component cables.

Does that mean I'm going to have to buy any extra accesories?

What all will I need to get this HDTV set up to play Xbox 360?




Message 11 of 27 (1 View)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 05/04/2005
Offline
10140 posts
 

Re: Is this HDTV worth the money?

Nov 24, 2006
  Yeah I would buy that for sure. Games will look great at 720p.
Chuf it out.
Message 12 of 27 (1 View)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 06/10/2006
Offline
2376 posts
 

Re: Is this HDTV worth the money?

Nov 24, 2006
don't buy westinghosue, buy samsung.
PSN: Anverch
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Message 13 of 27 (1 View)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/31/2005
Offline
9066 posts
 

Re: Is this HDTV worth the money?

Nov 24, 2006
o0o0oh, here's one at the Home Depot too!

$478
32" LCD HDTV
Built-in HD tuner.
16:9 aspect ratio for widescreen viewing. 
HDMI inputs to maximize high-definition picture and surrond sound performance.
1080i resolution for high-definition viewinng.
(412813)





Which resolution is better? 720p or 1080i?
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Message 14 of 27 (1 View)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/31/2005
Offline
9066 posts
 

Re: Is this HDTV worth the money?

Nov 24, 2006


Saibomb wrote:
don't buy westinghosue, buy samsung.


Samsung doesn't have any deals for tomorrow... I'm going for AFFORDABLE! Smiley Tongue


Saibomb wrote:
don't buy westinghosue, buy samsung.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Message 15 of 27 (1 View)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 02/27/2005
Offline
963 posts
 

Re: Is this HDTV worth the money?

Nov 24, 2006
from what I've read on that Westinghouse I wouldn't buy it...I was going to camp for it...read up on it and you will find that this model has issues with ratio while viewing in 4:3 and the color has a blue tint that can not be changed..you might wanna look over it before you buy if you decide to go with that one
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Message 16 of 27 (1 View)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 10/08/2006
Offline
1175 posts
 

Re: Is this HDTV worth the money?

Nov 24, 2006


Pavo Loco wrote:
o0o0oh, here's one at the Home Depot too!

$478
32" LCD HDTV
Built-in HD tuner.
16:9 aspect ratio for widescreen viewing. 
HDMI inputs to maximize high-definition picture and surrond sound performance.
1080i resolution for high-definition viewinng.
(412813)





Which resolution is better? 720p or 1080i?


720p is better for fast paced video such as Burnout or something, if ur watching like an Opera or something for some reasonSmiley Very Happy, 1080i would be better, so pretty much 720p for faster video and 1080i for slower video and 1080p tops it all off, which is better than both, but requires 50"+ inches to actually see the difference.
Message 17 of 27 (1 View)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 02/27/2005
Offline
963 posts
 

Re: Is this HDTV worth the money?

Nov 24, 2006
and yes...I am with the other guy...get a Samsung...I could get the Westinghouse hit-or-miss quality...or I could get something that costs more...that I know is going to look good and work right
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Message 18 of 27 (1 View)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/31/2005
Offline
9066 posts
 

Re: Is this HDTV worth the money?

Nov 24, 2006


Da_Producer wrote:


Pavo Loco wrote:
o0o0oh, here's one at the Home Depot too!

$478
32" LCD HDTV
Built-in HD tuner.
16:9 aspect ratio for widescreen viewing. 
HDMI inputs to maximize high-definition picture and surrond sound performance.
1080i resolution for high-definition viewinng.
(412813)





Which resolution is better? 720p or 1080i?


720p is better for fast paced video such as Burnout or something, if ur watching like an Opera or something for some reasonSmiley Very Happy, 1080i would be better, so pretty much 720p for faster video and 1080i for slower video and 1080p tops it all off, which is better than both, but requires 50"+ inches to actually see the difference.


So basically, there's no visual difference?
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Message 19 of 27 (1 View)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 10/08/2006
Offline
1175 posts
 

Re: Is this HDTV worth the money?

Nov 24, 2006


Pavo Loco wrote:


Da_Producer wrote:


Pavo Loco wrote:
o0o0oh, here's one at the Home Depot too!

$478
32" LCD HDTV
Built-in HD tuner.
16:9 aspect ratio for widescreen viewing. 
HDMI inputs to maximize high-definition picture and surrond sound performance.
1080i resolution for high-definition viewinng.
(412813)





Which resolution is better? 720p or 1080i?


720p is better for fast paced video such as Burnout or something, if ur watching like an Opera or something for some reasonSmiley Very Happy, 1080i would be better, so pretty much 720p for faster video and 1080i for slower video and 1080p tops it all off, which is better than both, but requires 50"+ inches to actually see the difference.


So basically, there's no visual difference?


no not really, but it depends on what u watch, if ur a gamer, 720p is usually better, for normal TV, 1080i is better.
Message 20 of 27 (1 View)
Reply
0 Likes