Dec 24 2012
By: MonkeyDad1977 Survivor 2624 posts

Is there any video game forums out there that people actually use?

13 replies 347 views Edited Dec 24, 2012

I was just wondering if there are any PS3 forums out there that people actually use?  These forums are always dead and I have dozens of posts that never get any replies.  I sometimes post stuff on Playfire.com but most of the stuff on there revolves around Xbox360.  I also sometimes post stuff on the Gamefaqs forums but those are only really good if you have an exact question about a certain game.  I figure that since this is the off topic section that someone could fill me in on a PS3 forum somewhere where there is lots and lots of activity.

Play-Asia.com - Buy Games & Codes for PS4, PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Wii U and PC / Mac.
Message 1 of 14 (347 Views)
Last Guardian
11777 posts

Re: Is there any video game forums out there that people actually use?

Dec 24, 2012

Aside from the Off-Topic discussion, which aren't actually game-specific, the PlayStation board's main channel for PlayStation 3-related content can be found now at the PlayStation 3 section. There are various other boards around these parts for posting too, whether you want to talk about a specific game or a genre in general.

Message 2 of 14 (340 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
41867 posts

Dec 25, 2012

MonkeyDad1977 wrote:

I was just wondering if there are any PS3 forums out there that people actually use?  These forums are always dead and I have dozens of posts that never get any replies.  I sometimes post stuff on Playfire.com but most of the stuff on there revolves around Xbox360.  I also sometimes post stuff on the Gamefaqs forums but those are only really good if you have an exact question about a certain game.  I figure that since this is the off topic section that someone could fill me in on a PS3 forum somewhere where there is lots and lots of activity.

I disagree entirely with your assertion that these Forums are "always dead", they are in my view actually pretty active, I along with a number of others are on here daily, myself multiple times during the day, I know I responded to one of your questions a week or so ago in the Information & Help Forum.

If someone is not responding to a particular question or comment of yours then it's probably because they don't know the answer or have nothing to add to the post already there.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 3 of 14 (315 Views)
MVP Support
9848 posts

Dec 25, 2012

If these PS3 forums were really dead, you would not have received 3 replies to this thread.

IMb72.gif

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Message 4 of 14 (307 Views)
Welcoming Committee
37299 posts

Dec 25, 2012

bronxsushi wrote:

If these PS3 forums were really dead, you would not have received 3 replies to this thread.

He meant he doesn't get a lot of relies in the gaming sections.  The PS3 game-related threads just die.

MonkeyDad, it could be that your posts are too broad in scope to make people care or two narrow in scope for it to apply to anyone.  There's an art to making a thread that gets lots of replies.  I haven't started many really popular threads in any section here, so I'm not really one of those people either.  However, I'm pretty good at explaining what I need and getting a helpful reply or two.  Once I get my answer I really don't care if the thread lives or dies.

Message 5 of 14 (296 Views)
Highlighted
Wastelander
759 posts

Dec 25, 2012

GrayGargoyle wrote:

Aside from the Off-Topic discussion, which aren't actually game-specific, the PlayStation board's main channel for PlayStation 3-related content can be found now at the PlayStation 3 section. There are various other boards around these parts for posting too, whether you want to talk about a specific game or a genre in general.

While I agree that the PS3 section is best used for game specific content....the problem with posting on that forum is that it's mostly newer posters who use it for technical support. It's as if no one bothers to scroll down and see the PS3 support forum. When the PS Lounge was up it was a great place to discuss many different (and broad) gaming topics. I wish they'd bring the lounge back.

Photobucket
Message 6 of 14 (282 Views)
Fender Bender
3987 posts

Dec 26, 2012

There's one called PSU4ever.com, although I don't know if it's still working.

photo 220dee8b-5bcd-4c72-9468-b21cfc72f31f_zpsfd870647.jpg
Message 7 of 14 (261 Views)
Platinum
56286 posts

Dec 26, 2012

MonkeyDad1977 wrote:

MonkeyDad what specific games do you want to talk about?  There are hundreds of users on these forums at any given time and sometimes thousands but the forums are HUGE.  There are over 100 different subsections where these people filter off to talk. 

If there was a specific game or a specific topic you were interested in talking to people about let me know and I'll tell you what area of the forum I think will be most active for that topic for you.  

Message 8 of 14 (259 Views)
VP of Gaming
28892 posts

Dec 26, 2012

Many games/publishers have official forums available to their users. Many are actually monitored by the Developers or their own Community Managers.

Though some of the game forums here may have official interaction with Developers and CMs, not all do. You can use your search engine to find an official forum/site. Or the information may be available on the game's manual or case. Such forums will often have official interactions that cannot be found here.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 9 of 14 (251 Views)
VP of Gaming
34148 posts

Dec 26, 2012

DrGadget wrote:

bronxsushi wrote:

He meant he doesn't get a lot of relies in the gaming sections.  The PS3 game-related threads just die.

MonkeyDad, it could be that your posts are too broad in scope to make people care or two narrow in scope for it to apply to anyone.  There's an art to making a thread that gets lots of replies.  I haven't started many really popular threads in any section here, so I'm not really one of those people either.  However, I'm pretty good at explaining what I need and getting a helpful reply or two.  Once I get my answer I really don't care if the thread lives or dies.

i was thinking that too.

could be that the forums arent dead, its just that no one wants to reply to him. Smiley Very Happy Smiley Tongue

Message 10 of 14 (243 Views)
0 Likes