VP of Gaming
36941 posts

Re: Is the notion of right and wrong clearly defined?

May 9, 2013

XXFREEXWORLDXX wrote:
Just the word "RIGHT" itself has so many misinterpretations and double meanings. For example, take the movie SwordFish, the Awesome villain was always for a "greater good" and viewed himself as "doing the right thing", regardless of all the acts of terrorism and killings he has done in his career. So no, right and wrong is not clearly defined.

i agree right THERE d

Message 81 of 95 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

[ Edited ]
May 9, 2013

DrGadget wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

Ya, I was going to say, there is 0 evidence of humans existing with dinosouars. Not to mention...the bible was compiled hundreds of years after the death of Jesus because they needed all the rules and official doctrine compiled all in one place because things were getting twisted even back then. Theres so much missing its not even funny.

Supposedly the dinosaur fossils were first discovered within the last couple hundred years.  Supposedly nobody in "back then" times would even know what a dinosaur was.  So the vivid description of a brontosaurus in the Book of Job puts that whole line of thinking into question.

Look up dinorsaur carvings in Cambodia.  There are detailed ancient carvings of dinosaurs.  Not only that, but some of the carvings show people attacking dinosaurs with spears.  Others show people riding dinosaurs.

NOT ONLY THAT, but some of the dinosaurs depicted are the kind where there are no such fossils in Cambodia.

Please explain to me where an ancient artist in Cambodia found the inspiration to carve an accurate picture of a stegasaurus.  Unless maybe he saw such a thing in real life?

well, he obviously didnt see it in person if there are no fossils  in that area. And the bible saying "behemoth" is questionable at best, as justification for dinosouars. I mean If you took some passages literally, you'd believe in dragons as well (please tell me you dont) remember that "firey serpent" bit somewhere in there? That was referring to poisioness snakes, and the firey sensation of the venom when bitten. A behemoth could have meant a hippo or rhino..I dont know. Just like "leviathan" doesnt mean big sea monster, it was referring to a large fish.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 82 of 95 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
36435 posts

May 9, 2013

lauranichole25 wrote:
wow DrGadget..you are well versed in the scriptures and i commend you sir. I like most of the "Christians" here don't have your faith and conviction and so we fail.

i cannot speak for others here but the way i see it theres no argument here. you believe in the literal interpretation and this great..but there's not any room for debate there. it is your truth.

The way i started looking at it was i work my way from middle outward. Basically Jesus being the most important and then everything secondary...its not the "right" way..but the Lord gave me this questioning mind for a reason..and i have to question things.

i see a lot of things that don't make sense...and i understand your pov that because i don't understand doesn't mean anything cuz i can't think like God.

that being said...one thing i can't understand is the placing of the tree in the garden. also the act of sinning before we have knowledge...add to that the fact that we were tricked by the dragon. can you explain this to me in a way that doesn't involve a "that's just the way it was" answer? thanks in advance.

If that's not the right way, then I don't know what the right way is.  People might tell you there's something wrong with that, but I don't see it.

The dragon is of course Lucifer.  Lucifer was once the most important angel of them all.  He helped cause the downfall of Man, but Adam was still to blame.  I'll come back to that.  For his sins, Lucifer would be diminished three times.

1. God changed his name to Satan, and now he tempts all people with the same 3 temptations he used against Eve.

2. Jesus de-fanged Satan at the cross.

3. Eventually Satan is cast into the Lake of Fire.  Not as a ruler.  He's a fellow prisoner with all the unrepentant sinners.  He's a nothing.

Right now, Satan's job is being a tempter.  He has no choice.  That's all he can do.  God made him that way when he renamed him Satan.  Even after the Millennium, Satan will be loosed for a short season to tempt the world.  This is because there are many people who have never been tempted by Satan.

Many people think that eating the forbidden fruit was the first human sin.  It wasn't.  There is a hidden sin before that.  Adam didn't properly teach his wife.  God told Adam alone about the Tree of Knowledge.  He was supposed to teach Eve.  He did a lousy job of it.

Remember, this was NOT the Tree of Knowledge.  It was the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil.  Adam and Eve were exceptionally brilliant.  They weren't the simple idiots people like to think they were.  They were perfect people.  Perfect people aren't stupid.  They lived a simple life, but they weren't stupid in any way.  They were just uneducated concerning good and evil.  They lived a "good" life and didn't understand how to do evil.

At the time, there were only two chapters in the whole Bible.  Adam and Eve were super smart.  There was no excuse for both of them to not have the entire thing memorized.

Look at what God told Adam.

Genesis 2:16-17

[16] And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:

[17] But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Now look at what Eve told Lucifer (the serpent).

Genesis 3:2-3

[2] And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:

[3] But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

This is not the same thing God told Adam.  God said you may "freely" eat (v 16).  God said you shall "surely" die (v 17).  Eve left these out.  Also she added "neither shall ye touch it" (v 3).  Eve both added to God's command, and took words away from it.  This was before she actually ate the fruit.  Adam should have ensured that Eve knew the one commandment they had.  She should have known it verbatim.  Ultimately, this was Adam's fault.

The last sin mentioned in the Bible is the exact same thing.

Revelation 22:18-19

[18] For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

[19] And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Therefore, it is extremely important for us not to add to, not to take away from, anything God says.

Message 83 of 95 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

[ Edited ]
May 9, 2013

If that's not the right way, then I don't know what the right way is.  People might tell you there's something wrong with that, but I don't see it.

The dragon is of course Lucifer.  Lucifer was once the most important angel of them all.  He helped cause the downfall of Man, but Adam was still to blame.  I'll come back to that.  For his sins, Lucifer would be diminished three times.

1. God changed his name to Satan, and now he tempts all people with the same 3 temptations he used against Eve.

3. Eventually Satan is cast into the Lake of Fire.  Not as a ruler.  He's a fellow prisoner with all the unrepentant sinners.  He's a nothing.

Right now, Satan's job is being a tempter.  He has no choice.  That's all he can do.  God made him that way when he renamed him Satan.  Even after the Millennium, Satan will be loosed for a short season to tempt the world.  This is because there are many people who have never been tempted by Satan.

Many people think that eating the forbidden fruit was the first human sin.  It wasn't.  There is a hidden sin before that.  Adam didn't properly teach his wife.  God told Adam alone about the Tree of Knowledge.  He was supposed to teach Eve.  He did a lousy job of it.

Remember, this was NOT the Tree of Knowledge.  It was the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil.  Adam and Eve were exceptionally brilliant.  They weren't the simple idiots people like to think they were.  They were perfect people.  Perfect people aren't stupid.  They lived a simple life, but they weren't stupid in any way.  They were just uneducated concerning good and evil.  They lived a "good" life and didn't understand how to do evil.

At the time, there were only two chapters in the whole Bible.  Adam and Eve were super smart.  There was no excuse for both of them to not have the entire thing memorized.

[16] And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:

[17] But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

[2] And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:

[3] But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

This is not the same thing God told Adam.  God said you may "freely" eat (v 16).  God said you shall "surely" die (v 17).  Eve left these out.  Also she added "neither shall ye touch it" (v 3).  Eve both added to God's command, and took words away from it.  This was before she actually ate the fruit.  Adam should have ensured that Eve knew the one commandment they had.  She should have known it verbatim.  Ultimately, this was Adam's fault.

[18] For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

[19] And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Therefore, it is extremely important for us not to add to, not to take away from, anything God says.

So, the red part..what the heck? And who might that be?

The pink part kinda contradicts itself. And where did this "hidden sin" come from? That sounds like something a televangilist made up. Why would he need to teach his wife if they were soooo smart? And even if it was over matters of good and evil, how could he have taught her, if he didnt know himself? Contradictions abound. They had to sin.

And the green...uh, well the bible didnt exist when adam and eve were on the earth. As you said earlier, moses contributed to what is called genesis, and the other starting books of the bible (collection of books) that was compiled 1000s of years after the event we are currently talking about.

Also, you may already be aware of this Dr.G but the bible wasnt written in the order the books appear...and the whole "dont add unto anything..." is also in deutoronomy...or however you spell it... so what does this mean? Most claim it means you cant have any other scripture....which is pretty narrow minded considering all of the apocraphyl writings that are being found, and have been found; though their lagitimacy is yet to be determined therefore they are not cannonized. Not to mention, those scriptures arent referring to the bible, seeing as it didnt exist yet, that was john getting tired of the truth being skewed and messed up.

Also, what happened to all the prophets and apostles and priesthood order that Christ set up? Why would that just go away? You yourself said God doesnt change, so if his son set up an official church...wouldnt that order continue to be present?

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 84 of 95 (61 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
36435 posts

May 9, 2013

mcbuttz78 wrote:

So nobody wanted to kill moses.???  ok and the hebrew beilefs  in those  time where not death sentences in those times. Then why  were they on the  run  like chicken  from wolves? It say  to me  he and them where being hunted. Trust me people in those times  folks  wrote things down before was moses born,    god  made  man law  with  adam and eve then with abraham and  before  him/ them  with  earth  and before  earth the  unviverse etc etc etc.

People certainly wanted to kill Moses.  They kept trying to stone him.  God struck these people dead.  Moses actually begged God to kill him, because leading the people was too hard for him.  God said no.  Moses wasn’t afraid for his life.

The Hebrews crushed every kingdom they came up against.  They were the hunters, not the hunted.

There were written texts before Moses.  As I pointed out, the Book of Job is older.  There are no books written by Abraham.  Anything written before the Great Flood was destroyed, if it existed at all.  There is no mention of anyone using a written language before the Great Flood.  They might have, but it would have been all destroyed.  By the time they became slaves in Egypt, the corporate knowledge of God was gone, and God had to tell them where they came from.

God is the killer from the  start in order to have  light it has  to made from dark.. Darkness  come before light . Thats  fact in every way you look at it. In order to be born from it,  you have to be part of it,Thus the expresin from dawn to dusk"  death is part of  everything  just like life, so is darkness and light.. Good/bad  a,k.a ying and yang.

I don’t see how the figurative act of “killing darkness” by introducing light is the same as a person actually dying.

god created the  heaven before he created adam and eve..  Lets  go the book of  geneisis

1:1] In the beginning when God created the heavens and the earth
[1:2] the earth was a formless void and darkness covered the face of the deep, while a wind from God swept over the face of the waters[1:3] Then God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light .( This explains that   earth was in space and every thing was made from dark ness  then  he made  light. (life)
[1:4] And God saw that the light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness... ( this tell you right there he spereate life and death/  right and wrong.).

Again, I don’t see the direct link where light=life and darkness=death.  People who sin like to do it in the dark because they think they can get away with it.  But darkness itself doesn’t equate to death.  At the end of Creation Week, God said it was all VERY GOOD (this was the only time God said that about the Earth).  But there were evenings and mornings in this sinless world, and there was no death.

Genesis 1:31

[31] And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Darkness does not equal death.

[1:27] So God created humankind in his image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.

it doesnt say till later in chapter two of genesis the introduction of adam and eve the 2  perfect humans.. now even then the  6th day which  is 2  days  after he created animals  man  was around..I dont know if that 1.9 billion years  in god times ok.. not being rude or sarcastic

If one day in God’s time equals an epoch period of 1.9 billion years, then what exactly is the “evening and morning” of this epoch period?

And how exactly did trees and grass (created 3rd day) exist for 1.9 billion years without the sun (created 4th day)?

You’re starting with Evolution and trying to add in the Bible, and that doesn’t work.  Evolution starts with the Big Bang.  Creation starts with the Earth alone.

One thing  about god word its ment like its said.  The bible is written like this for  reason/ God word is said in way for a reason.. I cant scramble for my favor.

[1:25] God made the wild animals of the earth of every kind, and the cattle of every kind, and everything that creeps upon the ground of every kind. And God saw that it was good

^^ This is before man, this proves dinosaurs where before man and man was  around in some form when dinosuars where on earth in some form .A dinosaur is a animal

This was all on the same day.  The animals were made mere moments before Adam.

Genesis 23:31

[23] And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

[24] And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.

[25] And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

[26] And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

[27] So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

[28] And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

[29] And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

[30] And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

[31] And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Agn  i dont know if 2 days= 1.9 billion years in god time. I just see it as 2 day becuase  hey im  a simple human, But  it could be 1.9 rounded  equals 2.. So you  never know

Sin does not equal  not equal death out right but leads to hell if the person dont repent. Becuase  God is  the killer From the  start   verse below

No, but they are directly tied together at the hip.

Romans 6:23

[23] For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

1To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: 2A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted; 3A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up

As you can  see it says  time to kill ..  Like it  said  god made us in his image and he killed so when we  sin its not death outright because God does forgive  if we  repent  and  honestly in our hearts& in mind  are sorry for it> sometime you have to kill and to sin to save your life.

But it showed   where god right and wrong in a way.. The passage.. sorry to turn the  thread in to bible study  lol

God created life.  God is allowed to take life.  God isn’t sinning.  He’s carrying out a righteous judgment against sin by causing/allowing things to die.

“Killing” is not a sin.  No, it’s really not.  People always tend to get this wrong.  The Bible makes this clear over and over, but killing isn’t a sin.

1. Taking an innocent human life is a sin.
  2. Taking a guilty human life is not a sin.

The Bible goes further, to say that if you don’t take the life of the guilty, it causes problems for us.

When David was working for King Saul, he was a killer.  When they came back to the city, the women would sing, “Saul killed thousands, but David killed tens of thousands.”

1 Samuel 18:6-7

[6] And it came to pass as they came, when David was returned from the slaughter of the Philistine, that the women came out of all cities of Israel, singing and dancing, to meet king Saul, with tabrets, with joy, and with instruments of musick.

[7] And the women answered one another as they played, and said, Saul hath slain his thousands, and David his ten thousands.

In all of this, David was not a sinner.  David killed enemies in war, which is not a sin.  But then he committed adultery with a married woman and had her husband killed.  This was sin.  God punished David for this.

Message 85 of 95 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4945 posts

May 9, 2013
Y'all are great debaters. Y'all have both done a great job on respecting each others beliefs.
 photo sig_zpsfya567e6.jpg
Message 86 of 95 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
36435 posts

May 9, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

DrGadget wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

Ya, I was going to say, there is 0 evidence of humans existing with dinosouars. Not to mention...the bible was compiled hundreds of years after the death of Jesus because they needed all the rules and official doctrine compiled all in one place because things were getting twisted even back then. Theres so much missing its not even funny.

Supposedly the dinosaur fossils were first discovered within the last couple hundred years.  Supposedly nobody in "back then" times would even know what a dinosaur was.  So the vivid description of a brontosaurus in the Book of Job puts that whole line of thinking into question.

Look up dinorsaur carvings in Cambodia.  There are detailed ancient carvings of dinosaurs.  Not only that, but some of the carvings show people attacking dinosaurs with spears.  Others show people riding dinosaurs.

NOT ONLY THAT, but some of the dinosaurs depicted are the kind where there are no such fossils in Cambodia.

Please explain to me where an ancient artist in Cambodia found the inspiration to carve an accurate picture of a stegasaurus.  Unless maybe he saw such a thing in real life?

well, he obviously didnt see it in person if there are no fossils  in that area. And the bible saying "behemoth" is questionable at best, as justification for dinosouars. I mean If you took some passages literally, you'd believe in dragons as well (please tell me you dont) remember that "firey serpent" bit somewhere in there? That was referring to poisioness snakes, and the firey sensation of the venom when bitten. A behemoth could have meant a hippo or rhino..I dont know. Just like "leviathan" doesnt mean big sea monster, it was referring to a large fish.

Neither of these animals has a tail like a cedar tree.

Message 87 of 95 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

[ Edited ]
May 10, 2013

Let me expound on what you're attempting to remember. It says: "he moveth his tail LIKE a cedar..." also it goes onto say that "He lieth under the shady trees...and fens", which I believe means marshes. Like I said, probably a hippo.

And if not,eh, well...Just insert every now extinct large mamal that isnt as old as the dinosouars by a milinia or so.

edit:noted, it takes a while to typeSmiley Wink

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 88 of 95 (46 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
36435 posts

May 10, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

So, the red part..what the heck? And who might that be?

These people don't exist yet.  This takes place during the Millennium.

The pink part kinda contradicts itself. And where did this "hidden sin" come from? That sounds like something a televangilist made up. Why would he need to teach his wife if they were soooo smart?

Either she wasn't there when God told Adam, or she was there and wasn't paying close enough attention.  When Eve replied to Lucifer, she had added stuff and left out stuff.  I can only assume Lucifer smiled at that point.  He knew she would be toast.

This is like when you commit adultery in your mind before you actually perform the act.  Thinking it is a sin.  Eve wasn't thinking right and Lucifer quickly owned her.  And Adam too.

And even if it was over matters of good and evil, how could he have taught her, if he didnt know himself? Contradictions abound. They had to sin.

And the green...uh, well the bible didnt exist when adam and eve were on the earth.

Very true.  However, they lived through much of those events.  And Adam talked to God directly (possibly Eve did as well).  I'm sure it came up in conversation.  It would have taken 10 minutes for God to say all that.

As you said earlier, moses contributed to what is called genesis, and the other starting books of the bible (collection of books) that was compiled 1000s of years after the event we are currently talking about.

Also, you may already be aware of this Dr.G but the bible wasnt written in the order the books appear

True.  Job was written first.  Then the first 5 Books.  Some of it really jumps around, probably organized by theme or whatever.

...and the whole "dont add unto anything..." is also in deutoronomy...or however you spell it... so what does this mean?

This is also true.  I was thinking of posting that.  That warning was repeated in Deuteronomy 4:2.

Most claim it means you cant have any other scripture....which is pretty narrow minded considering all of the apocraphyl writings that are being found, and have been found; though their lagitimacy is yet to be determined therefore they are not cannonized. Not to mention, those scriptures arent referring to the bible, seeing as it didnt exist yet, that was john getting tired of the truth being skewed and messed up.

Also, what happened to all the prophets and apostles and priesthood order that Christ set up? Why would that just go away? You yourself said God doesnt change, so if his son set up an official church...wouldnt that order continue to be present?

The Church still exists.  It's not the Catholic Church, or the Methodist Church, or the Pentacostal Church.  It's simply the Church.  There is only one Church.

What people call a "Church" (capitalized) is really a denomination.  Jesus didn't die for a denomination.  Jesus isn't the head of a denomination.  Jesus didn't say the gates of Hell won't prevail against a denomination.

Denominations were made by men, usually when they no longer wanted to belong to their previous denomination.  But the Church is the Church.  There is only one.

There are many churches (lower case) but only one Church.  The Church still exists.  I'm a member of it.

Message 89 of 95 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
36435 posts

May 10, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:
No response to my other 3 paragraphs?

It takes a while to type all of that.  Smiley Happy

Eventually there will be 30,000 questions and I won't be able to answer everything.  I'll have to pick and choose.  That doesn't mean I'm dodging questions.  I just have to prioritize a lot.

Message 90 of 95 (36 Views)