Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/09/2013
Offline
4945 posts
 

Re: Is the notion of right and wrong clearly defined?

May 7, 2013
^so he believes in me? Smiley Very Happy
 photo sig_zpsfya567e6.jpg
Message 41 of 95 (97 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 04/18/2007
Offline
11299 posts
 

Re: Is the notion of right and wrong clearly defined?

May 7, 2013

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

DrGadget wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

moral rights is something everyone has and should know

such as killing... its morally wrong


I disagree with this completely.  This is far too broad a statement.  I'm not on board with that.


Really you think its right to kill?


There are times when killing is justifiable and sometimes necessary. For example someone is coming at you with a knife, a gun, whatever. It's you or him. There is no other option.

 

I can also guarentee you if someone hurt my daughter, or Goddess forbid kill her, I guarentee you there is nothing that will stop me from killing the person who did it. I will gladly go to jail to rectifiy the situation.

 

If this makes me a bad person, so be it.

Message 42 of 95 (90 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/15/2008
Offline
7356 posts
 

Re: Is the notion of right and wrong clearly defined?

May 7, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

 

Although, the Bible also says black people are the seed of cane and are evil. so...theres that.


Book, chapter, and verse, please Smiley Happy As an active studier of the Bible, this intrigues me, and I would like to read this verse.

PlayStation MVP Program 2001 to 2016
Message 43 of 95 (79 Views)
Limit Breaker
Registered: 05/24/2009
Offline
18676 posts
 

Re: Is the notion of right and wrong clearly defined?

[ Edited ]
May 7, 2013

Gen 4:15 speaks of putting a 'mark' on him, which is generally believed to be dark skin. There are other scriptures that reference that but I dont remember where to find them.

RE-THINK SALAD


Message 44 of 95 (77 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
Registered: 09/30/2004
Online
38848 posts
 

Re: Is the notion of right and wrong clearly defined?

May 7, 2013

I dont think they spoke of black people in the Bible....


Message 45 of 95 (69 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/15/2008
Offline
7356 posts
 

Re: Is the notion of right and wrong clearly defined?

May 7, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

Gen 4:15 speaks of putting a 'mark' on him, which is generally believed to be dark skin. There are other scriptures that reference that but I dont remember where to find them.


My apologies, but you seem to have misunderstood that passage Smiley Surprised This verse pertains to the story of Cain and Abel. If you (or anyone else) are not familiar with that story, let me give you the jist of it:

 

Cain and Abel were brothers. Cain and Abel, like all brothers to this day, tried to one-up each other. Throughout their lives, Abel always seemed to beat Cain, and his success was obvious to their parents. In one of their "competitions," Cain and Abel made their own offerings to the Lord. After seeing Abel's offering, Cain knew his was not as great as Abel's, and Cain was jealous. In his jealousy and built-up frustration from constantly being outdone by Abel, Cain killed his brother.

 

Of course, God knew this happened, and the Lord confronted Cain about this incident. Because of his sin (because all sin have consequences), Cain was commanded to leave by God. However, Cain was afraid because he figured someone would try to seek revenge on him for killing Abel. But God said "No, I will place a mark on you, so no one will hurt you."

 

Genesis 4:15 pertains to that last bit of the story above. "Then the Lord said to him, 'Not so! If anyone kills Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold.' And the Lord put a mark on Cain, lest any who found him should attack him." (ESV)

 

Mark, in Greek, is σημείο. σημείο is a word for a sign, which is an invisible seal. What the Lord was saying is that he placed an invisible seal on Cain, so that no one would kill him; otherwise, they would receive sevenfold of what they did to Cain. This mark is also mentioned in Revelation, where the Lord commands his angels to place a mark of God on the Lord's servants, which are his children.

 

"Do not harm the land or the sea or the trees until we put a seal on the foreheads of the servants of our God." - Revelation 7:1 (NIV). This seal is protection from God - you cannot see it; you cannot feel it. The seal, like God, is something that cannot be seen but must be trusted in. What's the point of having a seal that anyone can see? It would make the seal inert because everyone would know they couldn't harm you.

 

From reading the Bible, which I believe is the perfect word of God (my opinion, and I respect yours if it's different), the Lord usually works on faith-based terms. Except for a few moments, like the story of Gideon asking for three signs, the Lord wants people to seek him on faith, not physical evidence.

 

I hope this cleared that up for you Smiley Happy Also, any mention of condemning blacks or any kind of person goes the opposite direction of what Christ teaches us. A lot of people don't follow Jesus' teachings, but we should.

PlayStation MVP Program 2001 to 2016
Message 46 of 95 (65 Views)
Limit Breaker
Registered: 05/24/2009
Offline
18676 posts
 

Re: Is the notion of right and wrong clearly defined?

May 7, 2013

Never heard the invisible seal thing before...whats the point in that? 

 

Lets put an invisible symbol on this guy so people know not to kill him...

 

Lets put an invisible stop-sign near this street so the cars know to stop...etc,etc

 

Im sure you can appreciate how this makes no sense to me.

RE-THINK SALAD


Message 47 of 95 (62 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 05/20/2006
Offline
6897 posts
 

Re: Is the notion of right and wrong clearly defined?

May 7, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

Never heard the invisible seal thing before...whats the point in that? 

 

Lets put an invisible symbol on this guy so people know not to kill him...

 

Lets put an invisible stop-sign near this street so the cars know to stop...etc,etc

 

Im sure you can appreciate how this makes no sense to me.


it's okay. like dr. g said, god doesn't have to make sense b/c he's the big man in charge

Message 48 of 95 (59 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 05/20/2006
Offline
6897 posts
 

Re: Is the notion of right and wrong clearly defined?

May 7, 2013

but also God is dead, so there's that.

Message 49 of 95 (57 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
Registered: 05/24/2009
Offline
18676 posts
 

Re: Is the notion of right and wrong clearly defined?

[ Edited ]
May 7, 2013

sorry, I've always lived by the phrase, "If it doesnt make sense, it probably isnt true" You can use your own deductive reasoning (hopefully) to see why, putting a symbol on  someone, for other mortals, with normal human eyes to see, and making it invisible, makes absolutley no sense.

RE-THINK SALAD


Message 50 of 95 (56 Views)
Reply
0 Likes