Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Re: Is the notion of right and wrong clearly defined?

May 10, 2013

All, good answers. Though I'm curious...Im assuming by Church, you are referring to simply believing and hoping for the best? As in, you arent part of any denomination...which, confuses me seeing as, while you're absolutley right, denominations popped up ultra-rapidly primarily in America because of religious freedom and all that, and most of them were because of doctrinal disagreements...but...what of the ordinances and for lack of a better term, rituals, that were performed in Christs' church, which required the priesthood to perform? You sort of ignored that portion of prophets and apostles as well.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 91 of 95 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7134 posts

[ Edited ]
May 10, 2013

@ dr gadget

And whoever kills a believer intentionally, his punishment is Hell; he shall abide in it, and Allah(god) will send His wrath on him and curse him and prepare for him a painful chastisement"

^^ This come  From the  Holy quran and  it god  words. Islam is  considered 1st religion.  christanity is  the new religion to help guide man better in peace ful manner. But both bibles  are gods words.

The Holy Prophet (S) was told that a Muslim has been killed and his corpse is lying on the street. When the Holy Prophet (S) and his companions reached the site of the murder, he enquired as to who the killer was.”

The people said, “We do not know.” The Prophet was surprised,

“A person has been killed among the Muslims, and no one knows of his killer?”

“By the Almighty who appointed me with Prophethood, If all the creatures of the heavens and the earth participate in the murder of a Muslim and be pleased upon that, then Allah would surely involve them in punishment and send them all to Hell

^^The lesson derived from this hadith is that there is no difference between the killer and those who support or co-operate with him. This is a passage from  Quran..

What this is saying in small  when you see a person  get killed  tell the police if you  dont, your commiting murder of the person or just as guilty as one who murdered..

"But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral,
sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake
which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”"
Revelation 21:8

This shows you  here that life on earth is your 1st life and   soul  in heaven or hell is your second life.   No one has the right to take life but if  you do  or have to do to save your lie in the act. god say  forgive and ask  god for forgiviness n pf  your soul not man out right.

THe book of levuathian desribes a  dinosaur  maybe  even a T rex type of animals

• “No one is so fierce that he would dare stir him up.”  
  • “Who can open the doors of his face, with his terrible teeth all around?”  
  • “His rows of scales are his pride, shut up tightly as with a seal; one is so near another that no air can come between them; they are joined one to another, they stick together and cannot be parted.”  
  • “His sneezings flash forth light, and his eyes are like the eyelids of the morning. Out of his mouth go burning lights; sparks of fire shoot out. Smoke goes out of his nostrils, as from a boiling pot and burning rushes. His breath kindles coals, and a flame goes out of his mouth.”  
  • “Though the sword reaches him, it cannot avail; nor does spear, dart, or javelin. He regards iron as straw, and bronze as rotten wood. The arrow cannot make him flee; slingstones become like stubble to him. Darts are regarded as straw; he laughs at the threat of javelins.”  
  • “On earth there is nothing like him, which is made without fear.”  

why  would the bible say throwing spears and telling of power of null towards it .. you can kill a  gator,  hippo,and a whale with a spear.. this  would be like  cave men taking a on dinosuar what this is  describing.

My opinion dinosaurs where around  when man was around in some  form or fashion.

18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed._john  3:18-20

The passage  tells of  good and evil . dark and light/right and wrong. This also go back to what  i explined when god created the  earth  he seperated good and  evil  from the start.. Everything comes from darkess, you born in the darkness and brought into light.. when  you die  you  go back in the darkness, hopefully to  the light,.. (heaven).There 2 types of   darkness the night and  evil  ways.. and 2 type s of light  the morning  and good ways.. god  seperated the  two  from  start for a reason. john verse  explains it  very  well.

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 92 of 95 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6897 posts

May 10, 2013

Yeah okay that stuff is all true, but God is dead, too. 

Message 93 of 95 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
37297 posts

May 11, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

All, good answers. Though I'm curious...Im assuming by Church, you are referring to simply believing and hoping for the best? As in, you arent part of any denomination...which, confuses me seeing as, while you're absolutley right, denominations popped up ultra-rapidly primarily in America because of religious freedom and all that, and most of them were because of doctrinal disagreements...but...what of the ordinances and for lack of a better term, rituals, that were performed in Christs' church, which required the priesthood to perform? You sort of ignored that portion of prophets and apostles as well.

Are you talking about the rituals of the Catholic priests or the rituals of the Levitical (Old Testament) priests?

The Levitical priesthood had its rituals established in the Book of Leviticus.  Those are pretty straightforward.

Christ directly established few ordinances like that.  Among the few He did establish:

• Re-enacting the Last Supper
  • The Great Commision (go out and preach to all)
  • Casting out of demons (not very common today)
  • How to pray to the Father
  • The Golden Rule
  • Forgive people over and over again

Other things came afterward and indirectly.  The Book of Acts established deacons.  Peter brought the Gospel to the Gentiles.  Paul established the Christian work ethic.

Later, Paul gave detailed descriptions of what a pastor (bishop) should be, and what a deacon should be.

I was brought up Catholic.  But as I read the Bible for myself I noticed several things that didn't add up.

• Calling a priest "father".  The Bible says to call no man father (presumably other than your biological father).  God is your Father.
  • Paul said that most men can't bear celibacy, but he was celibate.  Peter was married.
  • One of the tests for a qualified bishop was that he had only one wife.  If he can't run his own house properly, he shouldn't be entrusted to run the House of God.  So right there the single, celibate priests become a problem.
  • The idea of Mary being an eternal virgin.  She was a virgin when she conceived Jesus, because that was a miracle.  But Jesus had brothers and sisters.  There was only one virgin birth, so they had to be born the normal way.
  • Purgatory is not mentioned in the Bible anywhere.  Plus there is no atonement after death.  The story of Lazarus (the beggar) and the prince shows the prince desperately trying to change his condition after he died.
  • No man today (meaning the Pope) can speak ex cathedra without violating the warning in Deuteronomy and Revelation about adding to or taking away from God's Word.
  • Popes speaking ex cathedra in the past have been wrong.  For instance that the Earth is the center of the universe and all the stards revolve around it.  This is not found in the Bible, and it gives the non-believer the opportunity to say, "See, the Bible is wrong and anti-science!"  The Bible never said that.  It was a man wearing robes who presumed to speak for God with equal authority to God.

So I don't place a lot of faith in the ritual acts.

Having said all that, and having been raised Catholic, I can state for a certainty that Catholics know who God is and who Jesus is.  They understand the crucifixion very well (watch Mel Gibson's Passion of the Christ).  They also know about Christ coming again.  At every Mass, the people will say, "Crist has died.  Christ is risen.  Christ will come again."  That right there is the essence of the Gospel.

There are some things Protestants do that also rub me the wrong way, like trying to say that alcohol is inherently evil.  It's not.  You're not supposed to be a drunken slob, but wine has health benefits, especially in places where the water is unsafe to drink.  I think this is an American thing, as we are so far removed from the ancient ways.

I've even heard some people try to say that at the Last Supper, Jesus drank grape juice or "non-alcoholic wine".  Um, yeah, because they had refirgerators back then right?  Grapes ripen in the Fall.  Good Friday is in the Spring.  And what exactly is the recipe for "non-alcoholic wine"?  And how does that stay fresh for 6 months?  No, it was actual wine like we know it today.  Deal with it.

Message 94 of 95 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Welcoming Committee
37297 posts

May 11, 2013

BudZer777 wrote:

Yeah okay that stuff is all true, but God is dead, too. 

That's right.

Except that on the third day, He rose again!  You can go there today and see the empty tomb.

Message 95 of 95 (68 Views)