Limit Breaker
24368 posts

Re: Is college difficult?

Feb 6, 2012

Show up to class, follow directions, do your work.

49ers Sig photo 49ersSig.png
Message 21 of 29 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4576 posts

Feb 6, 2012

Just study, and do the Homework. Just don't get side tracked! lol

It does depend on what your major is... but most of the time you have to take general ed first.

But really, just don't give up on yourself. I'm doing my 4th year at a State College, and still haven't gaven up.

And I have a learning problem...

Message 22 of 29 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3987 posts

Feb 6, 2012

bookepride wrote:

And I have a learning problem...

lol  It's hard to study when you're thinking about girls

photo 220dee8b-5bcd-4c72-9468-b21cfc72f31f_zpsfd870647.jpg
Message 23 of 29 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Feb 6, 2012

college is only as hard as you make it, im in my third semester now. the way to pass is to study, learn the material by using a method that works for you, and also its a good idea to form a study group if you arent understanding the material, also a good way to meet people. but it really depends on your major, my major is civil engineering and its very difficult, especially the calculus.

PSN - Vallez93
Message 24 of 29 (22 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
6759 posts

Feb 7, 2012

I agree with a lot of these posts.

I loved college - here are some things I learned:

1 - Pick a Major that you are passionate about - and don't be afraid to switch - I went through 4 different ones!

2 - Study!!!!!!!!!! Find a method that works for you. (personally I loved study groups)

3 - Make sure you know where the library is. A lot of people think that they can cruise by without going - but it's an amazing resource.

4 - Make sure you make at least yearly appointments with your advisor. I knew a few people who missed out on graduation because they forgot to take just one or two classes.

Message 25 of 29 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
257 posts

Feb 8, 2012

Do not be afraid to change majors early because you do not like the path you original thought would be good for you. But on that note do not keep changing your majors or else you will just waste alot of money and time.

Originally I was a Game Art/Graphic Design Student, then I switched to Computer Science Major.

Photobucket
Playstation Rewards Tester / G.A.P. Member / 3G PS Vita Owner / PS3 Slim Owner
Message 26 of 29 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4029 posts

Feb 8, 2012

Trawnza wrote:

I agree with a lot of these posts.

I loved college - here are some things I learned:

1 - Pick a Major that you are passionate about - and don't be afraid to switch - I went through 4 different ones!

2 - Study!!!!!!!!!! Find a method that works for you. (personally I loved study groups)

3 - Make sure you know where the library is. A lot of people think that they can cruise by without going - but it's an amazing resource.

4 - Make sure you make at least yearly appointments with your advisor. I knew a few people who missed out on graduation because they forgot to take just one or two classes.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic">" 

^^This essentially, do this and you'll be fine.  I'd like to add in a number 5 though...

5 - Know your limits--Know how long it takes you to prepare for a test, write a paper, etc, and not how long it takes your friends who are pushing you to go out the night before an exam.  Aside from the practical knowledge the two most important things you learn in college are how to manage your own time, and motivate yourself.  These are very valuable life skills.

College wasn't too tough really, as long as you are studying something you are interested in, and are releatively good at.  Don't be Sisyphus, and don't make things harder on yourself than they need to be. 

2009-05-06-sisyphus.jpg

-SP

P.S. Have fun, you only get to go to college once, and it really can be awesome. 

Message 27 of 29 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1873 posts

Feb 8, 2012

thanks for the help Guys! i do have an intrest in science and geography related stuff so i think i should do all right.

PSN: Deadly_Rabbit123
XBL: BruteForce94

Proud Owner of Xbox One and PS4
Message 28 of 29 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2123 posts

Feb 9, 2012

oh cool. unfortunately i have 2 finish 4 math courses & my major is stat not math. thats my ugly destiny .

AM GOOD BUT NOT THE BEST
http://about.me/Rage_kmj

PSN Gamercards
Message 29 of 29 (22 Views)
0 Likes