Reply
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 09/04/2011
Offline
1468 posts
 

Re: Is a dress code in public schools fair?

Apr 24, 2013
But you see, that is not fair johngie.

That's like saying, a 12 year old has the right to sleep with a 40 year old if they so well please to. Also, to say that they should get punished the same way as an adult, is also wrong to say, because like I said, an adult, and a child, no matter how mature, have two very different things about them, and that is their brain.

When your brain is not fully developed, and you have the right to own a gun at the age of 12, and you accidently shoot someone, without thinking about it, that 12 year old should not be put on death row, that 12 year old should not be put in a prison with other child molesters, that is just not fair. Maybe at the ages of 15-17, it makes a little bit of sense, but at 12? Come on now, johngie...

It has nothing to do with respect and dignity, I have seen children treated with an amazing amount of respect, and they were never put down, and, at the age of 12, they were still goofy little kids. It has to do with how they are brought up by their parents, and the media, that shapes how they will act at a certain age, that still dow not mean they should be able to do whatever they want.

Yeah, they should be given more respect, what they say should be taken more seriously, but that doesn't mean let them drink and smoke, and put a gun in their hand, because they don't know much better at that age. A 12 year old, being allowed, legally to drink, is prob going to drink too much, and not notice, and all of a sudden they got liver failure, because they didn't think alcohol could do anything bad to them, except make them throw up a few times.

I don't know, we think differently, but let's just agree to disagree, okay?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------









Message 41 of 48 (82 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 04/20/2010
Offline
174 posts
 

Re: Is a dress code in public schools fair?

Apr 24, 2013

itsnotozzyitsozz wrote:
But you see, that is not fair johngie.

That's like saying, a 12 year old has the right to sleep with a 40 year old if they so well please to. Also, to say that they should get punished the same way as an adult, is also wrong to say, because like I said, an adult, and a child, no matter how mature, have two very different things about them, and that is their brain.

When your brain is not fully developed, and you have the right to own a gun at the age of 12, and you accidently shoot someone, without thinking about it, that 12 year old should not be put on death row, that 12 year old should not be put in a prison with other child molesters, that is just not fair. Maybe at the ages of 15-17, it makes a little bit of sense, but at 12? Come on now, johngie...

It has nothing to do with respect and dignity, I have seen children treated with an amazing amount of respect, and they were never put down, and, at the age of 12, they were still goofy little kids. It has to do with how they are brought up by their parents, and the media, that shapes how they will act at a certain age, that still dow not mean they should be able to do whatever they want.

Yeah, they should be given more respect, what they say should be taken more seriously, but that doesn't mean let them drink and smoke, and put a gun in their hand, because they don't know much better at that age. A 12 year old, being allowed, legally to drink, is prob going to drink too much, and not notice, and all of a sudden they got liver failure, because they didn't think alcohol could do anything bad to them, except make them throw up a few times.

I don't know, we think differently, but let's just agree to disagree, okay?

We can agree to disagree if you wish, but I do have a response and you're welcome to reply.

 

You keep saying this thing about brains, and while true, it's not to the degree you think it is.  Certainly, like with the body, some develop faster than others, but most can, in most cases, fully comprehend the actions they take.  All the things you say about overindulgence and lack of understanding of their own actions can be retified through proper education and/or parenting.  It's a thing that society would have to embrace for it to work.  Not saying we should go out and give the keys to our cars to all the 12 year olds tomorrow, in today's world, that would be extremely irresponsible.  Over time, however, these things could change.   

Message 42 of 48 (75 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 09/04/2011
Offline
1468 posts
 

Re: Is a dress code in public schools fair?

Apr 24, 2013
But that would ruin childhood. Childhood is about having fun, a 12 year old should be outside swimming in a pool, or playing ball with friends, not having their nose stuffed into a book, they have their whole lives to do that, a 12 year old should be having fun, not walking around with a gun, this isn't Vietnam, ya know..

But I see where your coming from..I think?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------









Message 43 of 48 (68 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 09/04/2011
Offline
1468 posts
 

Re: Is a dress code in public schools fair?

Apr 24, 2013
But, i'm gonna go out on a limb here, and say it has to do with hormones more than anything. Puberty can be a **bleep**, don't wanna put a gun in the hands of someone with raging hormones.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------









Message 44 of 48 (65 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 04/20/2010
Offline
174 posts
 

Re: Is a dress code in public schools fair?

Apr 24, 2013

itsnotozzyitsozz wrote:
But that would ruin childhood. Childhood is about having fun, a 12 year old should be outside swimming in a pool, or playing ball with friends, not having their nose stuffed into a book, they have their whole lives to do that, a 12 year old should be having fun, not walking around with a gun, this isn't Vietnam, ya know..

But I see where your coming from..I think?

I get that, and I certainly understand your thinking on the subject.  Some kids absolutely want to spend their youth going to their friends houses and swimming and playing video games and what not.  However, some kids, like me, wanted to drive and work at Jack in the Box or the 99 cent store growing up.  I had video games to buy, I wanted to get a job, not allowed.  I am just advocating the choice exist, not that it be mandatory.  I think my own childhood fostered my belief in this area, along with my belief in personal liberty and some of the ideas of libertarianism.  I often felt that my opinion was disregarded unfairly growing up, to the point where I didn't feel respected by my elders.  So there is some background to what I say.

Message 45 of 48 (61 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/02/2009
Online
7020 posts
 

Re: Is a dress code in public schools fair?

[ Edited ]
Apr 25, 2013

TheBigDumpMachin wrote:

itsnotozzyitsozz wrote:
So you think just because he is in college, that a 12 year old shouldn't be limited by his age?

So he should be able to own a gun, correct? Or go out and drink, and smoke a cig or two, correct? Maybe freedom of speech, yes, he deserves that, everyone deserves to speak their mind, regardless of age, but many of the rights were written by, and for, adults. Why is the voting age 18? Because a kid should not be able to vote for who runs this country, until he/she fully understands the world around them.

Absolutely!  I think that 12 year old should be able to vote, own a gun, smoke and drink if he chooses to.  To repeat my previous point, he should also be held accountable for his actions in the same fashion as any adult current is today, but only if he hurts someone.

 

It's really unfortunate, I believe to a certain degree, classic cases of teenage angst are created through a lack of respect afforded to teenagers growing up, mostly be people they respect in their lives, but who come into a level of maturity where they realize that they themselves are not being afforded that same level of respect.  I believe, and have witnessed first hand many times, that if you treat a young person with respect and dignity, you will be utterly shocked at the level of maturity and responsibility they can and will display. 

 

Not saying all this in jest, or to argue, it's simply what I believe based on my experiences in the world.  Young people should be given way more respect then they currently get. 


 well what  your saying didnt work out to well becuase  way back in the day  a little bit before my time ,13 was considered an adult they had grown men at age 55 marrying 13 yrs old girls. They had 13-14 yrs with guns. smoking ,sexxing doing what they wanted and  guess what .. they worked the most hellish job on the face of the earth, shoe shining. coal mines, in a hot bakery, roofing . becuase they  younger and  could more energy than  older man.. you  could get more out a youth than  older guy at 30.   And they was in bars and gett'n there arse beat  by grown men. yes in my day  they had men  beating on kids that was considiered grown  at 12-13yrs a child cant  take on no man..  and alot them ended  up dead, beat to death or worked to death..

 

The mother and fathers of them complained and they are just children so they made  labor laws which lead to moral laws that a person under 16 could not hold a job with out parent persmission or   without a job permit a person, under 18 could not vote or own a car. To keep these younger  folks safe and alive. I  have seen  kids in college at 15yrs old but to me he is not a man  no matter how smart he is.. Until he start paying real taxes and holding a  real career job..

 

 I went to public schools and time were harder than today. Theres  was no school bus you had to wlk with segrigated area's ,  well  you really had to run  lol

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 46 of 48 (59 Views)
Platinum
Registered: 12/21/2007
Online
55406 posts
 

Re: Is a dress code in public schools fair?

Apr 25, 2013

rramsdell wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

More and more public schools are making dress codes which require shirts with collars ONLY and special kinda pants. Do you guys think this is fair?

I think this is not fair because this is USA and we have freedom of speech and forcing kids what to wear is NOT FAIR!!!


I do not agree with dress codes.

However, dress codes DO NOT violate any aspect of the first ammendment as you think it might.    Why do you think it violates your freedom of speech, under the first ammendment?


Because PILGRAM....he thinks the term, "NOT FAIR" actually falls under the  freedom of speech act, but doesn't get it! 


Be nice Smiley Tongue.  I'm trying to help him actually gain a true understanding of the first ammendment and what his protected liberties are under it.   You know my, Mr Constitution/teach it to everyone Smiley Tongue

 

 

Message 47 of 48 (46 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 09/30/2004
Online
37664 posts
 

Re: Is a dress code in public schools fair?

Apr 25, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

rramsdell wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

More and more public schools are making dress codes which require shirts with collars ONLY and special kinda pants. Do you guys think this is fair?

I think this is not fair because this is USA and we have freedom of speech and forcing kids what to wear is NOT FAIR!!!


I do not agree with dress codes.

However, dress codes DO NOT violate any aspect of the first ammendment as you think it might.    Why do you think it violates your freedom of speech, under the first ammendment?


Because PILGRAM....he thinks the term, "NOT FAIR" actually falls under the  freedom of speech act, but doesn't get it! 


Be nice Smiley Tongue.  I'm trying to help him actually gain a true understanding of the first ammendment and what his protected liberties are under it.   You know my, Mr Constitution/teach it to everyone Smiley Tongue

 

 


thanks i respect what you're trying to do.

i have to ignore that troll though he makes no sense at all


Message 48 of 48 (44 Views)
Reply
0 Likes