Jun 15 2013
By: jjjkuk Lombax Warrior 173 posts

Is Microsoft failing on purpose?

12 replies 126 views Edited Jun 15, 2013

Here's an idea.  I know it's absurd and is probably 95% not reality, but are they intentionally sucking to ease themselves out of the market? If they just outright said, "Nah, we're not going to do another Xbox. Fugg it", wouldn't that affect them somehow and disappoint/anger their fans? I mean, how can a company be doing so well with a console and for the next one just shatter everything and **bleep** off everyone?
 And don't bring up the PS3 because Sony was actually trying. The price tag reflected the technology.

Thoughts?

photo 2224291_zps9f29b322.jpg
This is mah signature. It is a noice signature.
Message 1 of 13 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
38823 posts

Re: Is Microsoft failing on purpose?

Jun 15, 2013

umm i doubt it Smiley Indifferent they just would not make a new xbox if they wanted out of the console business

Message 2 of 13 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
657 posts

Jun 15, 2013

Obviously yes, they are blaming fat people, unemployment rate, and maybe even violence to video games, the US government is probably under this also, you know what, I'm sure they're under this and Microsoft is probably convinced or being forced to retire from gaming industries, No amount of stupidity would drive any company to do all the stupid BS they're doing. With attitude being shown from a company like Microsoft, Video Gaming future as a whole is irrelevant to me, Hope for the best but expect the worse if you are a gamer because we're living in a world full of R E T A R D S that can control everything you do and know what you are doing as well, Microsoft didn't get into these business because they liked it but because of the money anyways.

Message 3 of 13 (111 Views)
MVP Support
11353 posts

Jun 15, 2013

I think M$ collectively has such a big ego that they feel like they could put out a can of spam in a plastic box, slap Microsoft on the side of it and people would buy it.  People talk about the proverbial sheep each and every generation...  Microsoft Consoles are a prime example.

Message 4 of 13 (104 Views)
Welcoming Committee
37248 posts

Jun 15, 2013

The XBox None is a serious attempt to control resales and get the money that nobody thought to go after before.  MS has done this forever, back to the days of selling DOS.  DOS should be (and was) free.

Windows 8 was a serious attempt to compete with mobile devices.  But they always tend to suck on ever other OS release.  This is not new.  Just like with Vista, they over-reached and added too many strange features that nobody wanted and nobody asked for.  If you recall, Vista was originally going to be called "Longhorn" and they were going to get rid of the file structure and the Windows Explorer completely.  If you wanted to get your file, you would have to search for it every time.  Yeah I know - "Whaaaaat?"  They were going to do this until everyone complained.

Shortly after this, they put that ridiculous "Ribbon" in all their Office Suite products.  Reason?  None.  But it sure did confuse loyal customers and make it so you can't find simple commands.  For instance, to turn tesxt into a table in Word is over here.  To turn a table back into text is way over there.  The two commands used to be together.

And while we're on the subject of MS sucking and not really giving a crap, am I the only one who remembers the Red Ring of Death?

Message 5 of 13 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
173 posts

Jun 15, 2013

DrGadget wrote:

So they're generally just bad at many things?

Message 6 of 13 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
38823 posts

Jun 15, 2013

jjjkuk wrote:

DrGadget wrote:

theyre good at making money

Message 7 of 13 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
173 posts

Jun 15, 2013

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

jjjkuk wrote:

DrGadget wrote:

theyre good at making money

Well, what with the PC market, obviously

Message 8 of 13 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4403 posts

Jun 15, 2013

jjjkuk wrote:

Here's an idea.  I know it's absurd and is probably 95% not reality, but are they intentionally sucking to ease themselves out of the market? If they just outright said, "Nah, we're not going to do another Xbox. Fugg it", wouldn't that affect them somehow and disappoint/anger their fans? I mean, how can a company be doing so well with a console and for the next one just shatter everything and **bleep** off everyone?
 And don't bring up the PS3 because Sony was actually trying. The price tag reflected the technology.

Thoughts?

It all almost feels like the video game industries version of the scheme from "The Producers." (1968)

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 9 of 13 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
582 posts

Jun 15, 2013
I'm sure microsoft have something up their sleeve.
Message 10 of 13 (60 Views)
0 Likes