PlayStation MVP
25958 posts

Re: Is Microsoft failing on purpose?

Jun 16, 2013

Microsoft is trying to do what they always do, and that's create a monopoly. The only problem is that the video game industry has an established marketplace. Back in the early 90's who was really using PC's? Not many people, and they came in and were able to corner the OS market fairly easily. Not so with the video game industry. Is this any different than what they did with the Zune and Windows Phone? Much like Apple and the iTunes/iPod/iPhone market, Microsoft is trying to give you a worse version of what you're already using.

Message 11 of 13 (53 Views)
Welcoming Committee
33557 posts

Jun 16, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Microsoft is trying to do what they always do, and that's create a monopoly. The only problem is that the video game industry has an established marketplace. Back in the early 90's who was really using PC's? Not many people, and they came in and were able to corner the OS market fairly easily. Not so with the video game industry. Is this any different than what they did with the Zune and Windows Phone? Much like Apple and the iTunes/iPod/iPhone market, Microsoft is trying to give you a worse version of what you're already using.

Best answer yet.

MS is generally good at combining features that you want, making money, and eliminating competition with a heavy hand.  I'm actually a fan of MS Word and sometimes MS Powerpoint.  You can do a lot with them.  Other than that I'm not a big fan of most MS products.

They did invent "nagware" after all.

Message 12 of 13 (46 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7836 posts

Jun 16, 2013

DrGadget wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Best answer yet.

MS is generally good at combining features that you want, making money, and eliminating competition with a heavy hand.  I'm actually a fan of MS Word and sometimes MS Powerpoint.  You can do a lot with them.  Other than that I'm not a big fan of most MS products.

They did invent "nagware" after all.

I switched to Google Docs for the convienance. Instead of constantly having to email myself documents and presentations, I have everything on my Google account.

Survivor of an earthquake, hurricane, and multiple tornadoes in one week. g@m
Halladay, Lee, Hamels, Utley, Pence, Price, Longo, Briere, Jags

Message 13 of 13 (38 Views)
0 Likes