Limit Breaker
22635 posts

Re: Is Glock 23 Gen 3 (used) for $400 a good price?

Aug 24, 2013

mcbuttz78 wrote:
So many better guns in gloc family to buy in my  honest opinion, i would not  touch with anything after the the clock 19 , 16, 17 and 18 being the best they have in my opinion.

http://us.glock.com/products/all

Glock  16  and 18  ???

i didn't notice such models on glock website

What Are Internet TROLLS ?
To QUOTE- TOP RIGHT of the reply box - To MULTI-QUOTE
PSP and PS3 owner..YES...i still play the LAST GEN systems
****still waiting for The LAST GUARDIAN****
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 11 of 18 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6986 posts

Aug 25, 2013

dulun18 wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:
So many better guns in gloc family to buy in my  honest opinion, i would not  touch with anything after the the clock 19 , 16, 17 and 18 being the best they have in my opinion.

Glock  16  and 18  ???

i didn't notice such models on glock website

The  glock  16 is not made any more it's the  first real glock , some call it the glock  17L  . The  1st glock that pressd up was the gloc 16L, but  i dont know what happen with that  and how became the gloc 17L. but i know the 1st  was protyped .

The  glock 18 is miltitary  full auto gun. they arent sold to civals.only to  fbi.  dea,  atf, SS.( secrect service) If you  was around when they   came out you can have it but  you take out the firing pin.
 they exist  look them up
Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 12 of 18 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
55190 posts

Aug 28, 2013

dulun18 wrote:

I'm a newbie to gun.. but wanted one  since it's Gun free state here..

No permit or license required here..

I'm buying this gun from an ex-military friend of mine.. he has about 38 guns (handguns, rifles, shotguns, etc.)

I was told that this is one of his handguns.. he fired like 100 bullets using this gun

The price is $400  for the gun with 3 magazines, box and everything.. he will also include a laser sight and some spare bullets that he has for the gun..

any gun expert here?  is this a good deal?

this is probably my first and only gun.. it's not going to be a hobby of sort (hope not).. it's just something i want to have in the house in case there's a need..

That is a great deal. 

You should actually look into a smaller gun to carry around daily for personal protection.  The Ruger LC-9 fits right in the pocket of your pants/shorts very easily!

Message 13 of 18 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 28, 2013

mcbuttz78 wrote: 

I dont buy  glocks though they break to much.
Either you've never owned one, or they weren't well taken care of to begin with. I own a Glock 21 and a 17(handed down from my uncle) for the past few years, and they're the most reliable pistols on the market... otherwise, you wouldn't hear so much about them

if it  nt 16-19 i wouldnt even look at it.
I guess you can afford to pay the price of admission of a G18C then huh? Getting a Class 3 dealer license and all, you CAN own any Class 3 firearm, you just need the paperwork, which costs A TON of money.
..... There is nothing wrong with ANY Glock.... from Gen1 all the way to the current Gen4 models. 
And you've pretty much included every Glock that was made up to Gen3. There is no 16.... The first production Glock is the 17. 

Furiously Chaosing
Message 14 of 18 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
22635 posts

Aug 28, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:
That is a great deal. 

You should actually look into a smaller gun to carry around daily for personal protection.  The Ruger LC-9 fits right in the pocket of your pants/shorts very easily!

i'm starting out with the Glock 19 Gen 4 first (bought it a few days back)

pocket size gun.. are we talking about SUBCOMPACT category?

i wanted a .45.. but for now.. since i'm new.. Glock 19 ammo will be cheaper.. once i'm used to the gun.. i can sell it and get the .45

Glock 21 or 30 or 36.. 

also  does having a longer barrel help lessen the recoil??

Message 15 of 18 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
22635 posts

Aug 28, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote: 

I dont buy  glocks though they break to much.
Either you've never owned one, or they weren't well taken care of to begin with. I own a Glock 21 and a 17(handed down from my uncle) for the past few years, and they're the most reliable pistols on the market... otherwise, you wouldn't hear so much about them

if it  nt 16-19 i wouldnt even look at it.
I guess you can afford to pay the price of admission of a G18C then huh? Getting a Class 3 dealer license and all, you CAN own any Class 3 firearm, you just need the paperwork, which costs A TON of money.
..... There is nothing wrong with ANY Glock.... from Gen1 all the way to the current Gen4 models. 
And you've pretty much included every Glock that was made up to Gen3. There is no 16.... The first production Glock is the 17. 

i didn't see any Glock 16 or 18..  so that's why i asked him..

i'm new to guns.. so i don't know.. maybe it's some ancient models or something?/ who knows..

Message 16 of 18 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
55190 posts

Aug 28, 2013

dulun18 wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:
That is a great deal. 

i'm starting out with the Glock 19 Gen 4 first (bought it a few days back)

pocket size gun.. are we talking about SUBCOMPACT category?

i wanted a .45.. but for now.. since i'm new.. Glock 19 ammo will be cheaper.. once i'm used to the gun.. i can sell it and get the .45

Glock 21 or 30 or 36.. 

also  does having a longer barrel help lessen the recoil??

Yes its definately a subcompact category and boy does that short barrell kick!  

The longer barrel increases accuracy greatly and the bit of extra weight does make the gun kick back less.   I see you are a glock fan, I'm obviously a Ruger fan Smiley Tongue  

This vid is made for our discussion

Message 17 of 18 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
22635 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 29, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

Yes its definately a subcompact category and boy does that short barrell kick!  

The longer barrel increases accuracy greatly and the bit of extra weight does make the gun kick back less.   I see you are a glock fan, I'm obviously a Ruger fan Smiley Tongue  

This vid is made for our discussion

actually....i'm not a fan of any brand

i'm a noobie to guns.. so i asked around and my friend recommended the GLOCK.. so i ended up getting a Glock..

i'm not a fan 

i'm a guy who wanted to own a gun.. something easy to start with and cheap to practice..  so i started with 9mm  ..

honestly i have small hands..  this is the reason why i bought the PS3 and not an 360 !!  Smiley Happy LOL

later i need to find a gun that can align with my arm.. and not my thumb.

i was told that to properly hold the gun and able to use it for an extensive period of time.. the end of my gun need to be pointing to my forearm.. and not my thumb.

i also heard the Glock gun has notorious large grip!!

i'm new.. i'm just going with recommendation for now.. and then i'm going to try all the handguns at the shooting range.. and maybe some day i'll able to find the right one for me!! Smiley Happy

the perfect girl.. i meant.. gun .. that will fit properly in my right hand Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 18 (154 Views)
0 Likes