Mar 07 2014
By: GuitarGuru2012 Fender Bender 3782 posts

Is Disney going to ruin Star Wars?

[ Edited ]
48 replies 264 views Edited Mar 7, 2014

I've been seeing more Star Wars Merch then ever since the Disney buyout.

Do you think Disney is going to ruin Star Wars?

They've already turned Yoda into the prophet of the force religion (in childrens books), was kinda weird to see.

(Still wants to see new movie, sad it's a JJ Abrams flick though)

EDIT: Removed labels. Moved to Off-topic.

guitar guru 2012
Message 1 of 49 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11788 posts

Re: Is Disney going to ruin Star Wars?

Mar 7, 2014

J.J. Abrams made a decent entry in the Mission: Impossible series. Besides that, I'm not sure if we can trust that he'll do a fantastic job or not when it comes to Star Wars. The first Star Trek movie was all right, I thought. The second one wasn't up to the same standards. It was okay and everything, but wasn't as interesting without all the fun viewers had with meeting (or being reintroduced) to the charactes for the first time.

I'd much rather see what George Lucas can do to maintain his legacy with the series. We already know the prequels were amazing, at least some of us can say so. With Georgie boy being old now, maybe he feels like it's his time to pass the torch. Still, George Lucas is only 69. Clint Eastwood, at 83, retains his seat in the director's chair. He has shot some of the greatest pictures of all-time. Of course, he's also made some that didn't fare so well. But, you can't win 'em all. As long as you know how to tell a story the way you want it to be told, I don't see there being a problem if age has anything to do with it in this particular situation.

Message 2 of 49 (254 Views)
MVP Support
11579 posts

Mar 7, 2014

GuitarGuru2012 wrote:

I've been seeing more Star Wars Merch then ever since the Disney buyout.

Do you think Disney is going to ruin Star Wars?

They've already turned Yoda into the prophet of the force religion (in childrens books), was kinda weird to see.

(Still wants to see new movie, sad it's a JJ Abrams flick though)

Adam Driver as (possibly) Jacen Solo / Darth Caedus seems to be a decent signing...  should be interesting to see what kind of story they come up with, since his story was developed over MANY novels in the Star Wars Alternate Universe...

Message 3 of 49 (251 Views)
Shinra Executive
42181 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 7, 2014

I was under the assumption that Lucas already did that with Episodes 1-3 if the fan base was anything to go off of. And given how Marvel is running in the movie department, I wouldn't worry about it if Disney lets the Star Wars management have as much freedom.

EDIT: Seriously, put a **bleep** Edit Post option on the mobile section of the board -_-

Message 4 of 49 (242 Views)
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Mar 7, 2014

I heard mickey is making a cameo, and the final battle will be in sing-song style.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 5 of 49 (241 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13569 posts

Mar 7, 2014

Didn't Disney shut down LucasArts, that made games for Star Wars?

Message 6 of 49 (229 Views)
Big Daddy
16918 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 7, 2014

ossiecastro5 wrote:

Didn't Disney shut down LucasArts, that made games for Star Wars?

Yes. And they're licensing the games to 3rd party developers/publishers to make the games.

EA will publish Battlefront, developed by Dice iirc.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 7 of 49 (196 Views)
Fender Bender
2811 posts

Mar 7, 2014
I am personally excited that J J Abrams is making it. The Tv series Fringe was epic.
Message 8 of 49 (186 Views)
Lombax Warrior
162 posts

Mar 7, 2014

Ya sry, but Star Wars ruined Star Wars by making those horrible prequels. If Disney does worse than that it'll be impressive (sarcasm) to say the least

Message 9 of 49 (168 Views)
MVP Support
11579 posts

Mar 7, 2014

In related news, 'Star Wars: The Clone Wars' hits Netflix today.  Along with the first five seasons, the sixth and final season will be available exclusively available on Netflix.

Message 10 of 49 (117 Views)