Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
31893 posts

Re: Integrity test

May 9, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

whose to say what the "right" thing is? Perhaps it was drug money that was dropped inadvertently, and giving it to the rightful owners would be a crime. I say, right place, right time.

maybe it was ransom money.

the dad dropped it on the way to the warehouse to get his son. he showed up without the money and the badguys killed him and his son.

LOOK AT WHAT WE HAVE DONE!

Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 80 (937 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15233 posts

May 9, 2013

I would call the news and have let them know so they can mention it on the nightly news and to reach me at an email address. I wouldn't even mention to them WHERE I found it, becuase with such things, people will flock at the opportunity of free money, plus I'd use it as verification. Of course, I'd keep it in my safe until the rightful owner has been found.

If unclaimed within 30 days, it becomes my money.

I wouldn't take the money to the police. Some precints don't bother making paperwork for it and they'll use it for "official police business". 

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 80 (934 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1799 posts

May 9, 2013

rramsdell wrote:
If you are working or on your way to work, or just out and about. And, you find a stack of cash from $1000 to $5000 stuff in a envelope, left behind. What would you do??

Keep in mind, the envelope, doesn't have no address or any identifcation on it.

Let's see how many honest people are out there and see who does the right thing.

If there was no info on the envelope I would have tooken it and walked away. If it had an adress or a name I would have given it back to the true owner.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

34gau1c.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 80 (926 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3589 posts

May 9, 2013
I would pull off a nice VACATION to a place that is very dangerous, awesome, and "EYE-OPENING"! And also have a great time, I would also post a Craigslist advertisement saying "FOUND 5K AND OWNER NOT FOUND, PLEASE CLAIM THIS MONEY" and see how many psychos fight HAND OVER FIST for this awesome cash. B)
Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 80 (919 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
47854 posts

May 9, 2013

rramsdell wrote:
If you are working or on your way to work, or just out and about. And, you find a stack of cash from $1000 to $5000 stuff in a envelope, left behind. What would you do??

Let's see how many honest people are out there and see who does the right thing.

I would hold onto it and contact the local police to see if anyone was looking for an envelope of cash they lost. If yes I would ask the "owner" to verify the total dollar amount and give it to them if they seemed to be legit.    

When I was younger, about 6, I was in the grocery store with my mom and I found 100 bucks on the floor.  She took me to the service desk and we asked the manager if anyone claimed to have lost money.  When we asked there was a lady who had just come up to the desk a min or two before us whom said she lost a 100 bill and asked if anyone turned it in.  I got to hand her the money and I still remember how grateful and happy she was about it all.  

Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 80 (675 Views)
Trivia Buff
29226 posts

May 9, 2013

HorrorGod wrote:

rramsdell wrote:

I would take it to the local police station and check with them every day. A week later, if nobody has claimed it, it would be mine.

My Grandpa found 2K once, folded up in a rubber band and stuffed in a paper bag.

Of course somebody would claim it... definatly not the right owner though :smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 80 (522 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4403 posts

May 9, 2013

OK, so taking a few things into account.

If it were at work, or a place I have connections to, I would turn it in there.

This being said, if it is on the street, or on some random floor, it is mine.  Yes, I said it it.

I think of it as Karma in a sense.  If I were to drop that amount of cash, the odds of it ever being returned to me are 0.001% chance.  Therefore, I see is as Karma that will be paid back or has been paid back for something that has or will happen to me of equal loss.  I am willing to accept the "charges", for the gain of 5 to 10 $K.

I would have no shame in it either.  Again, I stipulate, if I found it in the presence of someone I knew, or in a place I have a connection to, then I would turn it in there.  I am certainly not turning "strange" money into the Police.  They get enough.:smileywink:

Moble

Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 80 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1605 posts

May 9, 2013

heres my point of view:

if i were to lose money, i would want somebody to return it to me ASAP

but if i found money the last thing on my mind is returning it i think of ALL the things I can do with it

i know this is the wrong way of thinking though I cant expect someone to return my money if i wont retur theirs

Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 80 (68 Views)
Survivor
1311 posts

May 10, 2013

Without a second thought, I would drop it off at the police station.

I could never keep something that wasn't mine, my conscience wouldn't allow it.

If we took just five minutes, to recognize each others beauty, instead of attacking each other for our differences .............
Ellen Page
Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 80 (31 Views)
0 Likes
Trivia Buff
29226 posts

May 10, 2013

PYAWAKITT wrote:

Without a second thought, I would drop it off at the police station.

I could never keep something that wasn't mine, my conscience wouldn't allow it.

The cops would just split the money... better off making a donation somewhere you know someone can use the money such as kids . but whatever its your decision

Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 80 (28 Views)
0 Likes