Uncharted Territory
1932 posts

Re: Instead of buying a PS3...you could....

Dec 4, 2006

Overclocked Cellist wrote:
good point, good thread...makes much sense .

I might get the PS3 when the price drops drastically due to slow sales .

yeah that what im gonna do is wait for the price drop
Message 21 of 53 (1 View)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16138 posts

Dec 4, 2006

rsaw10 wrote:

crovax3000 wrote:

NavS. wrote:

crovax3000 wrote:
rent around here is like 1500

You're lucky...... unless that's an apartment........

nope, thats a house rent..
apartments are like 5 or 600 i think..

but i say that, cuz that is like double what it used to be up here.

Quite cheap though

Yeah, house here are like 2000+ per month, nothing cheaper. I live in a city of 150k.....
Message 22 of 53 (1 View)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1174 posts

Dec 4, 2006

Or...you could do the right thing:

Provide food, shelter, and clothing for two children for AN ENTIRE YEAR and still have $150 left over for something nice for yourself.

In North America alone, about 200 000 PS3's have been sold. That's 400 000 children fed, clothed and sheltered for an entire year. Maybe we should all take a break from video games and put our money to some real use this holiday season.

Source.

Meh, i'm not greedy, but i rather have a Playstation 3. If you enjoy giving away money more then video games, go ahead and do that... But if you really enjoy, and want the playstation 3, then do the right thing(buy a ps3).  Some people work there ass'es off for 600 dollars and arnt willing to go walk down to the local homeless shelter and do give it all away. I mean, if i was rich, and had enough money to make my life alright, then i'd start giving it away. Dont worry, i still give at least a few cans away each year, but 600 dollsrs?
Message 23 of 53 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8161 posts

Dec 4, 2006

rocky6 wrote:

Provide food, shelter, and clothing for two children for AN ENTIRE YEAR and still have $150 left over for something nice for yourself.

In North America alone, about 200 000 PS3's have been sold. That's 400 000 children fed, clothed and sheltered for an entire year. Maybe we should all take a break from video games and put our money to some real use this holiday season.

Source.

Meh, i'm not greedy, but i rather have a Playstation 3. If you enjoy giving away money more then video games, go ahead and do that... But if you really enjoy, and want the playstation 3, then do the right thing(buy a ps3).  Some people work there ass'es off for 600 dollars and arnt willing to go walk down to the local homeless shelter and do give it all away. I mean, if i was rich, and had enough money to make my life alright, then i'd start giving it away. Dont worry, i still give at least a few cans away each year, but 600 dollsrs?

The funny thing about it is i can recall Aowen saying that he doesn't care if people he doesn't know live or die. they dont matter to him.

he might have changed his tune....but im just saying thats what he said.
Account Removed due to Inactivity.

Thanks for being a part of my life PSU
Message 24 of 53 (1 View)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16138 posts

Dec 4, 2006

Lt. Claybon wrote:

rocky6 wrote:

Source.

The funny thing about it is i can recall Aowen saying that he doesn't care if people he doesn't know live or die. they dont matter to him.

he might have changed his tune....but im just saying thats what he said.

He didn't write the OP either.... copy paste copy paste copy paste copy paste....
Message 25 of 53 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7054 posts

Dec 4, 2006
You'll be waiting years for a price drop.

Slow sales? This place never ceases to amaze me...
PSN id: Home_Slice

Message 26 of 53 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
213 posts

Dec 4, 2006
Gaming now, world peace can wait.
=Hello.=

Little hamsters, big adventures.
Message 27 of 53 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5928 posts

Dec 4, 2006

Aowen wrote:
Instead of buying a PS3...

If you're thinking of getting one of your kids a PS3 for the holiday season maybe you should think of presenting them with a few other options that will run about the same price.

Things you could do instead of buying a PS3:
- Fly to London (and get a cheap hotel room)
- Pay your rent for a month
- Buy 300 big macs
- Buy 4 Nintendo DS lite's
- Buy 3000 bandages
- Order 60 Large cheese pizza's
- Buy 250 gallons of gas
- Get a laptop
- Get some books from the library and return them really, REALLY late
- Buy 4 Ipod Nanos
- Buy a 1988 Mazda 323
- Pick up 3 flat panel monitors
- Buy 15 shares of Sony Corp (judging from PS3 sales I would NOT recommend this)
- Take a skydiving course and do 4 jumps
- Hire a personal trainer and have 17 sessions at the gym
- Pay for two months worth of groceries
- Buy 30 years worth of toothpaste
- Buy 210.8 gallons of soda
- Pick up 225 pounds of tuna (canned)
- Buy a 360 AND a Wii (and a couple of games)

Source.

Wow...I had never thought of that.  I might get myself a flat panel monitor while I wait, since I can't get an HDTV a comp monitor will have to suffice.
Message 28 of 53 (1 View)
0 Likes
Wastelander
713 posts

Dec 4, 2006

rsaw10 wrote:
Don't buy cristmas cards and cosions and stuff like that, and you could at least get 10,000 children fed and everythin this cristmas.
And no,i'm not gonna give up video games when I'm fed and clothed and so on..

shows how ignorant people are .

you should be grateful that you are living in an area of the world where there are plenty of job opportunities and you have the chance to get an education.

You wern't put here because you are more special than anyone in a L.D.C it happened because of chance and people should start to help less fortunate people before they waste money.
ChaosPixels.net Free Photoshop Stocks, Renders and more.

Message 29 of 53 (1 View)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
18648 posts

Dec 4, 2006
Yeah, I was going to get a PS3 but because of the shortage, i'm going to spend the money on either a Quad core CPU or 8800GTX
Message 30 of 53 (1 View)
0 Likes