Dec 04 2013
By: PS_Nooblet First Son 6 posts

In need of the community's opinion

11 replies 115 views Edited Dec 4, 2013

Hello Smiley Very Happy As you may see I just registered to the forums, as my name suggests I'm pretty much a noob in your community Smiley Very Happy I'm mainly an Xbox person (no hate please) and wanted to get into Playstation with Next-Gen on the PS4. 

I own a PS3 and have some great exclusives i.e: Infamous, TLoU, Uncharted, Beyond:2 Souls, Heavy Rain, etc. I own LBP/Rachet & Clank and while they are great games they are not my cup of tea. Anyways, back on topic, I feel PS has great games, but at the same time it lacks in online play (for me atleast). I love playing with friends and chatting, etc and the PS3 feels dead to me. Also I feel the exclusives are great while you play, but after completed collect dust. Maybe it may be because I'm from Xbox where Halo I feel has an intriguing story and after good multiplayer (that lasts).

So what I'm asking you (the community, or whoever is reading this Smiley Very Happy ) is what do you feel the PS has to offer that would interest me over the XBone? The price is obvious and I only have enough money to buy one sadly, if I could I'd buy both in a heartbeat.

Any responses are appreciated

Message 1 of 12 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2971 posts

Re: In need of the community's opinion

Dec 4, 2013

Why did you get a PS3 instead of a PS4?

And Uncharted 3 has a great single player and a great multiplayer, the community's still alive. I don't see how it's lacking in online multiplayer, many games on 360 are also on PS3.

photo Steak_zps70cec71c.jpg
Message 2 of 12 (102 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Dec 4, 2013
I've had it for awhile(ehh, about a year and a half), just joined the forums and recently (a month or so) bought a few games.
Message 3 of 12 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Dec 4, 2013
Go on Home Lol.
Message 4 of 12 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6968 posts

Dec 4, 2013

Only reason I say is Infamous 2nd Son, none of the Ps4s launch games interest me.

JayJay 2515 signature

2 time Face of The WWE Champion
Message 5 of 12 (87 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Dec 4, 2013

Second Son and The Order are really the only ones that interest me and thats a few months down the road.

Message 6 of 12 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3578 posts

Dec 4, 2013

If you're into graphics, from my knowledge, games on the PS4 can and do look better than the Xbox One version.

PS4 offers you a HDD which can be swapped unlike the Xbox One with storage up to 1.5TB (currently, a 2TB 2.5", 9.5mm height internal HDD is apparently going to be released sometime next year).

PS+ offers you many discounts and the "free" games on PS3, PS Vita, and PS4. 3 free games for the PS3, 2 free games for the Vita, and 1 free game for the PS4 per month (although in December there will be no free game added to the instant game collection for the PS4). From my experience on the Xbox 360, being a Xbox Live Gold member never gave me any worthwhile discounts (in my opinion) and from what I remember, the discounts were never really good. I am aware that XBL Gold does give free games every month to users on the 360 (I'm not sure if they still do this) but, in my opinion, the games PS+ has offered are better.

Also, features such as Netflix are not locked behind a paywall, you only need the PS+ subscription to play multiplayer but there are some free to play games such as Warframe which do not require this. I'm not sure if Xbox One has any of these F2P games (too lazy to look Smiley Tongue). PS+ subscriptions are also cheaper than XBL Gold subscriptions.

Go for the console which will be the best for you and will provide you with the most entertainment.

Message 7 of 12 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
54480 posts

Dec 4, 2013

PS_Nooblet wrote:

Hello Smiley Very Happy As you may see I just registered to the forums, as my name suggests I'm pretty much a noob in your community Smiley Very Happy I'm mainly an Xbox person (no hate please) and wanted to get into Playstation with Next-Gen on the PS4. 

I own a PS3 and have some great exclusives i.e: Infamous, TLoU, Uncharted, Beyond:2 Souls, Heavy Rain, etc. I own LBP/Rachet & Clank and while they are great games they are not my cup of tea. Anyways, back on topic, I feel PS has great games, but at the same time it lacks in online play (for me atleast). I love playing with friends and chatting, etc and the PS3 feels dead to me. Also I feel the exclusives are great while you play, but after completed collect dust. Maybe it may be because I'm from Xbox where Halo I feel has an intriguing story and after good multiplayer (that lasts).

So what I'm asking you (the community, or whoever is reading this Smiley Very Happy ) is what do you feel the PS has to offer that would interest me over the XBone? The price is obvious and I only have enough money to buy one sadly, if I could I'd buy both in a heartbeat.

Any responses are appreciated

I've played bothe the XBox1 and the PS4 and to be honest both are great systems.  

From reading your post I'd say go with the PS4 since it is $100.00 cheaper and that means you have $100.00 more for a game or something totally unrelated to gaming.  

Sony has some exclusives, like Starhawk (which came out over 2 years ago), where the online community is still strong (so strong in fact i've been hosting an event every wednesday night for the forum community since early 2011 and we still get a full room every night).

Its really up to your personal taste in the exclusive games and controllers.

Message 8 of 12 (67 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Dec 4, 2013
Thanks for the responses.
Message 9 of 12 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
54 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 4, 2013

honestly i cant tell you what to choose but IMO i love playstation. Yes i owned a 360 and IMO it did have a great online experience but for myself I thought it lacked exclusives. The only game that really interested me was Gears of war. Not sure if you remember this or even noticed but  more then half way through the 360s life span microsoft pretty much abandoned the 360 and got rid of alot of there first party devs. which IMO shows where they lie.

I have played the Xbox one and I will admit for an entertainment console its awesome. talking to your console using the 52 voice commands it offers if awesome and it has lots of entertainment going for it BUT I can honestly tell you Microsoft skimped on the hardware & this is the honest truth take it or leave it. Gaming IS second priority.

ALot of the Xboxes apps are behind a paywall which means you MUST have Gold in order to use any of the services. Yup you have to pay $50.00 per year to use netflix that you already pay 9.00 per month for.

Now onto the Playstation. No apps are behind a pay wall so you can use them as you will. (There are apps & more will be added with time but it is limited right now. Id say there are about 10 apps total I have no counted them guessing).

Playstations online IMO is fantastic & now offers party chat that made the Xbox amazing but we do now have it. Playstation + is a stunning feature that Microsoft wil NEVER compete with. Last year alone on my PS3 + VITA i honestly could not tell you how many free games I got that I played i think it was like 30 games all free.

Just this month alone on the PS3  there giving away: Grid 2, Binary Domain, Shadow of the colossus, ICO, Uncharted 3, borderlands 2 & more

http://us.playstation.com/playstation-plus/

So far on playstation 4 I have gotten Resogun, Warframe, DC universe online & Constrast. Microsoft gives you nothing with your 50.00 per year.

as Said its all up to you, IMO i love my PS4. Playstation + gives you many free games per month (every month), there is now party chat & online IMO is fantastic, you can use apps if you dont have Playstation +, New an improved internet browser, way more powerful hardware then Xbox one, Fantastic Indie + developer support (1st & 3rd party), Controller is stunning now (dual shock 3 was nice but cheap IMO), faster game installs then Xbone, tons of movies & TV show purchases (if you choose). 

Im sure i left something out but you get my points. Im PC & Sony for life & this is where im staying

Edited: Remote play VIA PS4 to Vita is stunning. there nothing like it

Message 10 of 12 (42 Views)
0 Likes