Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 19 2006
By: Xoolio~ Ghost of Sparta 15009 posts

In Gears of War.

2 replies 2 views Edited Nov 19, 2006
I'm gonna ask to get this game for Christmas and I have a few questions.

1. Can your allies be killed by the locust? Like they won't respawn until the next mission?
2. Can you give your men commands or can they take care of themselves?
3. Is it hard to use the A button for lots of actions?
4. Do you have to fight any of those giant spider things that were in the trailers? Like the one that kills the soldier in the trailer with "Mad world" playing in the background?
5. Is this game more of a real time horror game or a straight up action title?

Thanks in advance, this information really helps.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 3 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12617 posts

Re: In Gears of War.

Nov 19, 2006

Xoolio wrote:

1. Can your allies be killed by the locust? Like they won't respawn until the next mission?
4. Do you have to fight any of those giant spider things that were in the trailers? Like the one that kills the soldier in the trailer with "Mad world" playing in the background?

1. if you dont get to them fast enough , they will eventually bleed to death and the mission starts over.

2. you can command them to re-group, cease fire or fire at will.

3. no the A button becomes second nature and it helps get you around the map faster in my opinion once you have mastered it.

4. yes, you fight that thing...and he is a beast....I had to get help on Insane difficulty.

5. its both of these things....some things are horror style and alot is action based. its a perfect combo for a near perfect game.
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 3 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7495 posts

Re: In Gears of War.

Nov 19, 2006

Xoolio wrote:

1. no, they can be downed, where you must either save them, or wait until the end of the firefight for them to revive automatically. there are a few instances where your team must split up, though. if the entire team on the other path goes down, its game over

2. you can tell them to regroup, attack, or cease fire, but there is really no need 99% of the time, except for when occasionally dom will get stuck and not want to regroup until you tell him.

3. not as much as people say. every once in a while you may do the wrong action, but for the most part its fine.

4. once.

5. really, neither fully. it is an action game with tactical elements (run and gun will get you killed, no matter what) and a little bit of pseudo-horror blended in.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 3 (2 Views)
0 Likes