Fender Bender
4613 posts

Re: Immature to post "In before Lock" posts?

Mar 16, 2007

ChrisTek wrote:

Wonder Showzen wrote:

ChrisTek wrote:
I look down upon it. It's basically saying "LOOK AT ME, IMMA TROLLING SPAMMER!".

Yes, but making a thread about people who spam/troll is an excellent idea.

Good job. Post of the week notice has been submitted to the mods.

You're the one who actually posted an "IN BEFORE LOCK" message. I was replying to the thread, buddy.

I did it because that is all this thread deserves.

Photobucket

Message 11 of 17 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3614 posts

Mar 16, 2007

Boss302 wrote:
lol this is spam ....

How is it, I am asking a serious question on this. I just noticed this a lot and it got old and I wanted to know whiether anyone else felt the same as me.
Message 12 of 17 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
21050 posts

Mar 16, 2007
It's a psycological thing, when a member Is in before they lock, they put an invisible shield around themselves in their brain. They believe that they're safe by being in a thread that has been locked. They fear that they might miss the chance to get their opinion in.
Message 13 of 17 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3614 posts

Mar 16, 2007

dArK_RoMeO wrote:
I have never reported a thread and I never will, I look down upon that. I think reporting a thread is immature. Everytime I think of someone reporting a thread i see an image of a 5 year old kid running to their mommy because some kid said they had cuties.
Dunno why, just do.

I report threads because they do not follow the rules, me reporting a bad thread makes the mods job much easier on them, than discovering it when it is on it's 10th page of spam
Message 14 of 17 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2352 posts

Mar 16, 2007
I have never reported a thread and I never will, I look down upon that. I think reporting a thread is immature. Everytime I think of someone reporting a thread i see an image of a 5 year old kid running to their mommy because some kid said they had cooties*.
Dunno why, just do.

Message Edited by dArK_RoMeO on 03-15-2007 07:40 PM
Message 15 of 17 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12687 posts

Mar 16, 2007

sony_fanboy wrote:
I think it is, when you know a thread is going to be locked due to it's topic and you post "In before Lock" it seem immature to me.  I notice  this so many times, why not just report them and move on? I don't know why it bugs me but it does. Does it to any of you? Or do you post these just to snag another post? If a mod reads this, do you guys look done upon it?

It always annoys me aswell. another definiton for "locked" or "in before lock": postcount +1
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 16 of 17 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Welcoming Committee
36570 posts

Mar 16, 2007

fudge101man wrote:
It's a psycological thing, when a member Is in before they lock, they put an invisible shield around themselves in their brain. They believe that they're safe by being in a thread that has been locked. They fear that they might miss the chance to get their opinion in.

Sadly, there is no opinion.  IBL is basically a "+1 Post".  I just went over this earlier today.

There is no invisible shield.  If you notice, all the people who thought they were clever by doing an IBL in this thread had their posts deleted.  fudge101man had an actual observation, to which I am replying.  This took thought, and not just quick fingers.

In Before Lock is spam, pure and simple.  It's not borderline.  It's not acceptable.  IBL's add no value to a thread.  You might as well type "Delete My Post".  It has the same number of letters and means the same thing.
Message 17 of 17 (2 Views)
0 Likes