Uncharted Territory
1625 posts

Re: If you won the lottery

Apr 26, 2013

bookepride wrote:

Since it takes a few weeks to get your money, I would wait until then. But I'd probably buy a new car - BMW M3 Coupe.

And then I would go to New York City for a week and see everything there.

I'd buy a nice house in San Jose, and then maybe another house to rent out and make extra income.

sexy

bmw is dope. I always wanted to put that paint job on my truck. and yep NY is currently where i live, cant go wrong there

www.soundcloud.com/jahge
Message 31 of 72 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
37248 posts

Apr 26, 2013

DoubleO_seven wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

DoubleO_seven wrote:

Blueobelisk wrote:
How much did I win? Like $5 million or like $200 million. It makes a HUGE difference in lifestyle.

unfortunately, you didnt win Man Embarassed

lol Pedro won 338 mill,so lets go with that number

After taxes is like 120 milion no?

152 mill after taxes since he took the cash payment.

And cash payment is ALWAYS the way to go.  Money today is worth more than money tomorrow.

I for one, would get a mansion.  Maybe not a super mansion, but at least something solid, nice, loaded - probably in the 10,000 sq ft range.  Real estate is still in a rut and it would almost certainly appreciate in a few years.  But it would also be maintenance-free, super energy efficient, etc. so I'm not spending $100K a year on upkeep.

I'd wait a few years before putting anything over 2 million into an IRA because Obama is talking about raiding the retirement accounts since "nobody really needs more than 2 million dollars."  Screw that.

Gold has always been a sound investment, and it hedges you against inflation.  I'd have some money in gold, just in case these geniuses cause the Dollar to collapse.  They're trying their best you know.  Chinese stocks would also seem to be a good investment. 

And I'd pay off the houses for all of my brothers, so if I ever do somehow lose all the money, I'll have a place to stay.  You owe me.  Maybe make the money conditional upon them building an extra wing on their houses for guests.  The wing would be customized to my personal tastes.  I simply decide which wing I want to move into.  This would maybe cost 3 million, tops.  Not a bad price for fail insurance, considering I started with over 100 million, plus in the mean time I'm the hero.

Then I think I would build a small movie studio and/or music studio.  If they start making money, I may invest a little more in them to modernize and upgrade, but then I would expect them to turn a profit.  I'm not going to sink everything trying to force something to work that doesn't work.

Message 32 of 72 (66 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9305 posts

Apr 26, 2013

Buy a house travek to some areas i have never been to buy a lot of things like games etc and save for the retirement

KANE-FIRE

Message 33 of 72 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
254 posts

Apr 26, 2013
Invest
Put the money towards education bills (university)
Buy myself a new car
Buy myself a nice new flat/apartment
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm not German or Dutch! Elfen Lied is an anime!
Message 34 of 72 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
230 posts

Apr 26, 2013
$338 mil?

First thing I do is pay off the mortgage on my parents and grandparents house, and buy us a really nice house or two anywhere we want. Maybe I'll help out my uncle by buying him a house, but not putting it in his name. He doesn't know how to handle money. I'll buy like 3 nice cars for myself and one each for my Mom and step dad.

Then, what I'll probably do first, is pay off the money my Dad gave me to support me over the years with calculated interested so we can be square and I don't owe him ANYTHING.

Then I'd put $100 million away in a very secure place. Not investing, that isn't safe.

Rest of the money I'll buy some cheap stuff I want, nice video game setup, go to every basketball game for my team and other stuff. I'll still go to school and get a job. Maybe change to business.

Frankenstein

Message 35 of 72 (57 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1625 posts

Apr 26, 2013

Blueobelisk wrote:
$338 mil?

First thing I do is pay off the mortgage on my parents and grandparents house, and buy us a really nice house or two anywhere we want. Maybe I'll help out my uncle by buying him a house, but not putting it in his name. He doesn't know how to handle money. I'll buy like 3 nice cars for myself and one each for my Mom and step dad.

Then, what I'll probably do first, is pay off the money my Dad gave me to support me over the years with calculated interested so we can be square and I don't owe him ANYTHING.

Then I'd put $100 million away in a very secure place. Not investing, that isn't safe.

Rest of the money I'll buy some cheap stuff I want, nice video game setup, go to every basketball game for my team and other stuff. I'll still go to school and get a job. Maybe change to business.

Who is your team? are they in  the playoffs?

www.soundcloud.com/jahge
Message 36 of 72 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
38823 posts

Apr 26, 2013

Winning the lottery doesnt ruin people lives. If they were smart then they would use the money correctly and stay rich forever.

Message 37 of 72 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
230 posts

Apr 26, 2013
Lol 007 I live in New York so I'm a Knicks/Nets fan.

Frankenstein

Message 38 of 72 (48 Views)
Shinra Executive
38823 posts

Apr 26, 2013

Blueobelisk wrote:
Lol 007 I live in New York so I'm a Knicks/Nets fan.

Very good GO KNICKS ALL THE WAY Heart

Message 39 of 72 (47 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19119 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 26, 2013

pay off the lease on my car, then purchase what I am driving

Make a return road trip to Estes park Colorado for one month

Buy a house of my own. Then use the rest of the money to pay for utilities and services

photo 683842d5-5deb-4335-8bcb-5b2166398090_zpsafb7b8da.jpg
Message 40 of 72 (41 Views)
0 Likes