Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Re: If you won the lottery

Apr 26, 2013

DoubleO_seven wrote:

rramsdell wrote:

I would NOT buy an expensive or luxury car. Something reliable like a new accord and Honda SUV.

Save for retirement and take care of family.   I would travel  to Hawaii  and continue to work.

Hawaii is nice. visited once with my wife because thats where her sister and parents live. A lot of street shows i recall, was very entertaining and relaxing. I purchased a long board there with my brother and we pretty much traveled everywhere on those. Very legit answer by the way.

thank you,

Message 11 of 72 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11298 posts

Apr 26, 2013
Oh, and i'd travel to Japan.
Message 12 of 72 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
56744 posts

Apr 26, 2013

DoubleO_seven wrote:

Not too long ago there was a mega jackpot lottery claimed by a man named Pedro in New Jersey and i ask If you won the lottery.

What is the first thing you would purchase?

The first place you would travel to in the world?

Dont forget to answer both questions Man LOL

My first purchase would be the debts of my family and closest friends

My first place to travel to would be my Dad's house as part of my first purchase Smiley Wink.

Message 13 of 72 (126 Views)
MVP Support
9986 posts

Apr 26, 2013

I have thought about this. If I hit the lottery for millions, the first thing I would do is change my name my name to James Smith. (James is the most common male first name, Smith is the most common last name. Then I would move to North Dakota for a year until the publicity of the Lottery win died down. Most people don't know where North Dakota is and can't name a city in that state or anything that ever happened in North Dakota.

I would not give family or friends any money for at least one year. I would tell them to say to everybody that I just disappeared with the millions and I will never give them any money. That way they will not be a target for people looking for money. After one year I would start giving them money only if they promise not to tell anybody that they got it from me.

rusty.gif

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Message 14 of 72 (116 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1626 posts

Apr 26, 2013

bronxsushi wrote:

I have thought about this. If I hit the lottery for millions, the first thing I would do is change my name my name to James Smith. (James is the most common male first name, Smith is the most common last name. Then I would move to North Dakota for a year until the publicity of the Lottery win died down. Most people don't know where North Dakota is and can't name a city in that state or anything that ever happened in North Dakota.

I would not give family or friends any money for at least one year. I would tell them to say to everybody that I just disappeared with the millions and I will never give them any money. That way they will not be a target for people looking for money. After one year I would start giving them money only if they promise not to tell anybody that they got it from me.

rusty.gif

lmfao. the ultimate scheme

www.soundcloud.com/jahge
Message 15 of 72 (110 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
14464 posts

Apr 26, 2013

If I were to win the lottery, I would use the money to purchase my first car, travel to the Bahamas (my mother's home country), and use what's left of it to open up a graphic design business.

forumsignature1.png
Playstation Telephone Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am-8:00pm PST (Closed on Saturdays & Sundays)
Customer Service - 1-800-345-7669
Account and Billing Support - 1-877-971-7669
Sony Rewards - 1-888-715-7669
Message 16 of 72 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
230 posts

Apr 26, 2013
How much did I win? Like $5 million or like $200 million. It makes a HUGE difference in lifestyle.

Frankenstein

Message 17 of 72 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2943 posts

Apr 26, 2013

bronxsushi wrote:

rusty.gif

I honestly was not expecting to read such a well thought out plot here, haha. That's a brilliant plan...except for now when you suddenly disappear we'll all be looking for a John Smith in North Dakota. 

Message 18 of 72 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8202 posts

Apr 26, 2013
Pay off student loans, learn to drive, buy a cheap motorhome, then go low profile on a far away city in Manitoba for as long as it takes until the publicity has fizzled out. Then use judgement on how to move forward. Smiley Tongue
Message 19 of 72 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
37639 posts

Apr 26, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

Problem with the lottery is, the type of people who end up winning it, have no business having that kind of money, and consequently have no clue as to go about using it..Most lose it all within weeks or months, requireing counceling later.

It would be a good idea to invest it in a business or something so it can multiplay..

Weeks?? Thats super fast

It is super fast, the mixture of the thrill of having a disgusting amount of money, combined with a lack of good fiscal sense, and taxes on top of that...yes weeks.

It's actually worse than that.

It's been a well-established fact for years that if you give a poor person a million dollars, he will not only be broke within a year, but also be deep in debt.  Everyone knows this.

Lottery winners are publicized.  You see them on TV.  You see them in the paper.  It's almost never a secret who won.

Let's say I sell overprices stuff that nobody wants.  I know who won the lottery and I know they will soon be broke.  I swoop in and do my best to sell the guy a gold-plated spork collection for $30,000 before anyone else can swoop in.  This is nearly impossible, because everyone else knows who won.

The result is a long line of swindlers showing up at the winner's door, each trying to pry as much cash out of the cow before the cow runs dry.  There are entire industries designed to perform a cash-ectomy on anyone they decide has too much money.  No matter how much money you have, there is someone out there trying to sell you something for that amount.

This only accellerates the poverty of the man who won the million dollars.  At one time, it took about a year for him to be penniless and in debt.  Now it could happen within months, maybe weeks.

New house.

Pay off all my brothers' houses.

Give some money to a few "poor people" I know, since I'm a bigshot now.

Buy a Ferarri.

Go on an all-out trip to Europe.

Trade the Ferarri in on a...

broke.

Message 20 of 72 (78 Views)
0 Likes