Ghost of Sparta
15052 posts

Re: If you use ur PC alot will it........................

Mar 26, 2007

PSP_FAN_4567 wrote:

uberslap wrote:

PSP_FAN_4567 wrote:
If u use ur PC like 9 hours a day how long will it take b4 it crashes and doesnt work?

I leave mine on 24/7. No explosions/crashes.
yet.

A friend of mine said that if I use my PC like I am maybe 7 hours a day he said in a year it will not work i dont think thats true. What do u guys think.

I've had mine on all day from 8 AM to 1 AM for six years and the only thing I've had go wrong is the power supply burned out. But that's because I kept unplugging the PC while it was running.
Tired of run of the mill Sega Forums? Join Sonic Blast with lots of discussion about Sega and Video Games.(Click the pics)

Message 11 of 24 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8643 posts

Mar 26, 2007

Tiz a cool handle wrote:

PSP_FAN_4567 wrote:

uberslap wrote:

PSP_FAN_4567 wrote:
If u use ur PC like 9 hours a day how long will it take b4 it crashes and doesnt work?

yet.

A friend of mine said that if I use my PC like I am maybe 7 hours a day he said in a year it will not work i dont think thats true. What do u guys think.

I've had mine on all day from 8 AM to 1 AM for six years and the only thing I've had go wrong is the power supply burned out. But that's because I kept unplugging the PC while it was running.

Now thats just retarded.......

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Shot at 2007-08-05
Message 12 of 24 (1 View)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15052 posts

Mar 26, 2007

PSP_FAN_4567 wrote:

Tiz a cool handle wrote:

PSP_FAN_4567 wrote:

uberslap wrote:

PSP_FAN_4567 wrote:

yet.

Now thats just retarded.......

I didn't do it for fun or no reason... The thing kept freezing and wouldn't shut down. That was before I knew there was a switch in the back that you could press to shut it off. The front power button did nothing when that happened.
Tired of run of the mill Sega Forums? Join Sonic Blast with lots of discussion about Sega and Video Games.(Click the pics)

Message 13 of 24 (1 View)
0 Likes
Wastelander
753 posts

Mar 26, 2007
You have 10 seconds, you better get out of there!

Message Edited by saracen241 on 03-25-2007 06:46 PM
Photobucket
Message 14 of 24 (1 View)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15166 posts

Mar 26, 2007

PSP_FAN_4567 wrote:

uberslap wrote:

PSP_FAN_4567 wrote:

yet.

Well, tell your friend he is a moron and wrong.
Message 15 of 24 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8643 posts

Mar 26, 2007

NK wrote:

PSP_FAN_4567 wrote:

uberslap wrote:

PSP_FAN_4567 wrote:

yet.

Well, tell your friend he is a moron and wrong.

I just did on xfire
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Shot at 2007-08-05
Message 16 of 24 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4265 posts

Mar 26, 2007
I leave my laptop on all the time but it gets very slow at times so I'd say I reboot it once a week.

PSP_FAN_4567 wrote:

Smiley Indifferent.....................................Smiley Happy...................................Smiley Very Happy...................................Smiley Wink

Message 17 of 24 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4265 posts

Mar 26, 2007
Definatly not.  I bought a $400 Dell laptop 2 years ago and I shut it off once a week like my previous post explains ^^^  and it's still working great.

PSP_FAN_4567 wrote:

uberslap wrote:

PSP_FAN_4567 wrote:

yet.

Smiley Indifferent.....................................Smiley Happy...................................Smiley Very Happy...................................Smiley Wink

Message 18 of 24 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4030 posts

Mar 26, 2007
Depends on the quality and how well ventilated it is.
Message 19 of 24 (1 View)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2382 posts

Mar 26, 2007
just as long as you keep it cooled and dont do anything stupid (overclocking, roast it over a campfire, etc.) you should be good

and make sure you keep a backup of your important files

Message Edited by shun goku satsu on 03-25-2007 08:01 PM
In times of economic uncertainty, the world turns to Open Source

http://www.youtube.com/OprahDust
Message 20 of 24 (1 View)
0 Likes