Highlighted
Nov 21 2006
By: FiscalJackhamr Last Guardian 13387 posts

If you had the choice (college related)

35 replies 1 views Edited Nov 21, 2006
2 choices

This is my dilema right now. Im not asking you to make the decision for me, im just asking you what you would do  

1) Go to a college 1 mile away (Lewis U), a good college, it costs $19,000 a year for 4-6 classes full time.

• Pros: You stay at home since its only a mile away, no need to pay for a dorm which means: No rent or bills to pay, good home made food, helpfulness of your parents, can spend your money on w/e you want because you dont have to pay for anything really
  • Cons: Less of a social life, your still at home, cant do w/e you want whenever you want becuase the elders will still have rules, its a private school (catholic) so not all the students will be like you (i listen to the "satanic" music and want to party)

2) Go to college an hour away (NIU) where a good friend just got accepted, good school, $15,000 a year to be a full time student and that includes a dorm (not a dry campus).

• Pros: You live in a dorm so theres more of a social life, more popular school, great college football team
  • Cons: Your away from home and have to fend for yourself and pay for everything, you wont have your parents there to help you out, you might get stuck with a idiot roomate (though there are single person dorms but thats no fun)

There is 1 major factor that i didnt mention and that is which would be better for me to go to, to follow my career of choice (something dealing with computers)

Im not sure which one would be better and im looking into that
Message 1 of 36 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5311 posts

Re: If you had the choice (college related)

Nov 21, 2006
option 2. because that is a great first step for people to learn how to function on thier own in the real world where mom and dad arent in the next room... besides... its only an hour away... thats almost how long it takes me to DRIVE to school 3 DAYS A WEEK! lol
Photobucket

Blue Led at 1754 posts on 11/08/05 at 10:04 am... w0ot.
Message 2 of 36 (1 View)
0 Likes
Wastelander
928 posts

Nov 21, 2006

Ravage Ritual wrote:
2 choices

This is my dilema right now. Im not asking you to make the decision for me, im just asking you what you would do  

1) Go to a college 1 mile away (Lewis U), a good college, it costs $19,000 a year for 4-6 classes full time.

• Pros: You stay at home since its only a mile away, no need to pay for a dorm which means: No rent or bills to pay, good home made food, helpfulness of your parents, can spend your money on w/e you want because you dont have to pay for anything really
  • Cons: Less of a social life, your still at home, cant do w/e you want whenever you want becuase the elders will still have rules, its a private school (catholic) so not all the students will be like you (i listen to the "satanic" music and want to party)

2) Go to college an hour away (NIU) where a good friend just got accepted, good school, $15,000 a year to be a full time student and that includes a dorm (not a dry campus).

• Pros: You live in a dorm so theres more of a social life, more popular school, great college football team
  • Cons: Your away from home and have to fend for yourself and pay for everything, you wont have your parents there to help you out, you might get stuck with a idiot roomate (though there are single person dorms but thats no fun)

There is 1 major factor that i didnt mention and that is which would be better for me to go to, to follow my career of choice (something dealing with computers)

Im not sure which one would be better and im looking into that

Wow, that is really expensive!
At MSU, its only about 9000 per year, for room and tuition.
"Im not asking you to make the decision for me, im just asking you what you would do"
Your statement is kinda contradictive, but I think I know what you mean,
Personally, I would go with NIU, you will miss your family, but you also won't at the same time, if you can understand that yet.
I live about 1.15 hours away from home, so I'm really pretty lucky..

Message 3 of 36 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5650 posts

Nov 21, 2006
I would go with number one it will be easier and you wont need a full time job
Last Checkpoint Gaming news and reviews! (Looking for writers PM me if interested)
Message 4 of 36 (1 View)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12281 posts

Nov 21, 2006
you should listen to real music and enjoy life more....
Message 5 of 36 (1 View)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12751 posts

Nov 21, 2006
Which of the colleges, education-wise, do you prefer?
APPLE SPY
Message 6 of 36 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5818 posts

Nov 21, 2006
I would say option 1.

What I'm doing is going to a near by college for 2 years , while living with my parents. Then the other 2 years , I'm going to transfer to UCLA ( 6 hours from home ) or UCSB and be in a dorm. Smiley Tongue

Can you see.. Arbiter ? The moment of salvation.. is upon us.
Message 7 of 36 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8161 posts

Nov 21, 2006
NIU is a great school...you can contact the housing dept and see if your friend and you can be roommates.

i think NIU is the way to go...atleast for me it would have been
Account Removed due to Inactivity.

Thanks for being a part of my life PSU
Message 8 of 36 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4095 posts

Nov 21, 2006

Lt. Claybon wrote:
NIU is a great school...you can contact the housing dept and see if your friend and you can be roommates.

i think NIU is the way to go...atleast for me it would have been

i agree... now im only 14, but if i was leaving for college in ur situation, i would chose option 2
Message 9 of 36 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3517 posts

Nov 21, 2006
I would pick 2. My reasons:

1. My father **bleep**s me up everyday. I want to get away from him.

2. I don't really want to get into a religion-based school. No offense to catholic people.

3. Cheaper.

4. There's a friend I know waiting for me there (saying if what I'll do in your situation).

5. More social life.

6. Its a good place to start living independently. Very good place.

7. There's a great football team (you do like football don't you?)

The disadvantage, just like you said, is to have to pay for everything.

But, in my opinion, I think the advantages outweighs the disadvantages. So yea, I'll go 2.

Sorry, I don't know which college is better in preparing you for your career of choice, so I can't help you out on that.

Speaking of college and living on your own far away from home, I really want to do that now...but sadly, it won't happen until I'm older... I want to get out...
Message 10 of 36 (1 View)
0 Likes