Oct 07 2012
By: GuNz_52 Treasure Hunter 8822 posts

If you discuss politics on a gaming forum...

10 replies 152 views Edited Oct 7, 2012

...you're gonna have a bad time.

I'm just letting everyone know this. There's just too much of a mix of kids who THINK they know politics, die-hard political party members, Obama/Romney supporters no matter what, etc...nobody wins. You just end up hating on each other.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Message 1 of 11 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
34820 posts

Re: If you discuss politics on a gaming forum...

[ Edited ]
Oct 7, 2012

GuNz_52 wrote:

...you're gonna have a bad time.

I'm just letting everyone know this. There's just too much of a mix of kids who THINK they know politics, die-hard political party members, Obama/Romney supporters no matter what, etc...nobody wins. You just end up hating on each other.

Sometimes, but not always, but you're really not telling us something we didn't already know.

There are a couple of Threads on here that have been doing "ok", no one has really "hated" on the other too much & generally people have been accepting of anothers position, something I myself try to do.

My political leanings are my own business & I may or may not agree with a certain view & sometimes I will say so, however I tend to stay out of both political & religious Threads as they "can" as you have suggested lead to one person "bashing" another, but with the ones so far, people have been pretty accepting & when they didn't agree they tried to back up their arguement, discussion is good, it just needs to be kept on an "adult" level rather than just shouting someone down.

P.S. Sorry for the text color, I just wanted to feel important & stand out on the Forums Smiley Tongue

Message 2 of 11 (139 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8822 posts

Oct 7, 2012
Although, if you're voting for Obama, then you're doing it wrong.

Oh, well played...
Photobucket

Photobucket
Message 3 of 11 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
34820 posts

Oct 7, 2012

GuNz_52 wrote:

Oh, well played...

Now that I will DEFINITELY agree with you on GuNz..

Message 4 of 11 (130 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4421 posts

Oct 7, 2012

BRIT-KO wrote:

GuNz_52 wrote:

Oh, well played...

Now that I will DEFINITELY agree with you on GuNz..

YES!

And Lo siento about the colour.  I like to spell it like that, it looks Euro chik.

Moble

Message 5 of 11 (123 Views)
Wastelander
631 posts

Oct 7, 2012

The reason there won't be any politics on any gaming forms because why ?. It's highly offensive however, I agreed with guns_52 just vote the lone Who stronger to stand high. Why not Obama and Romney be friends ?. It's like back on the 2000s you remember that John F Kennedy got assassinated by a unknown sniper. The more they fight and the more politics you post one of them will be shot. So careful of what you saying people. This is a warning from the forms (MODS).

Message 6 of 11 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
174 posts

Oct 7, 2012

I'm still undecided on my vote Smiley SadRobot SadMan SadCat SadWoman Sad.  Can we trust Roomey at this point? Smiley Surprised  I wonder what he has against animals. Cat SadCat SadCat Sad and minorities. Man Sad  I present you some facts Robot wink.

Photobucket
I met a girl who was wearing a shirt that said "GUESS" on it. I said "Implants?" Smiley Happy *she slapped me*
Message 7 of 11 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15026 posts

Oct 8, 2012

No, no, no. This is off topic, dear friend.

What's so bad about corn syrup? It's natural; corn's a fruit and syrup comes from a bush.

Fabulous!
Message 8 of 11 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2175 posts

Oct 8, 2012

Yeah.. typically trying to discuss politics nearly anywhere on the internet will just end up with biased opinions vs. biased opinions

Message 9 of 11 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2787 posts

Oct 8, 2012

vvenis wrote:

Yeah.. typically trying to discuss politics nearly anywhere on the internet will just end up with biased opinions vs. biased opinions

Trying to discuss video games may also end up with biased opinions, vs. biased opinions as well. So, this is a thread is a discussion on the discussion of politics....interesting. 

Message 10 of 11 (72 Views)
0 Likes