Highlighted
Oct 22 2012
By: fightgood Splicer 45 posts

If you could make a game.....

[ Edited ]
2 replies 69 views Edited Oct 22, 2012

Just wondering what type of game you would make if you could. Give detail (if you feel like it) and tell about it.

Mine would be an open world game with a map bigger than Just Cause 2's map, with tons of things to do. All building would be accessible, and inside them a unique setup. There would be dozens of things to spend in game currency on like tattoos that you would get to design and put on your character,a hair salon, an arcade with all of the games accessible and would feature ping pong that would be used with the PS Move, and all types of other games in the arcade. Other shops would be clothing shops, restaurants, (you would have to feed your character, keep him/her in proper hygiene, give them their sleep, etc.) and things like that. I would also include a gripping story that is COMPLETELY non linear. You could literally do whatever you wanted from going halfway across the map to get a sandwich, to betraying your allies at any time. When in a mission, there would be no foundries saying get back to the mission or anything like that. There would be the option of stealth as well as any other kind of play style. The NPC's would be almost human like and go to work on weekdays, the beach on hot days, and the traffic would be heavy, thin accordingly. I know it would raise controversy, but I would also include children in my game. It has to be done sometime right? You could go to car dealers and buy a car, and even try to haggle the price down. You could go on a computer in the game and go on a craigslist like site to buy things cheap, but beware, the people selling might not always be as trustworthy as you might think. Also, there would be other NPC's committing crime randomly, and you could team up with one or stop them in the act. You could also get an in game job such as being a cop, firefighter, doctor, or even a delivery man. The jobs would get you currency you can use to spend and you can even buy a house, get married, and raise a family. You would have to pay bills or face foreclosure and even get laid off. There would be an online stock market where you could invest in companies you will see throughout the game such as weapon companies car companies etc.  There will be toy stores filled with bikes, skateboards, and all types of toys. There would be a day night cycle, a season cycle, (winter, summer, spring, fall) and time cycles. The game would start with you as a kid going to school, (school sessions would be optional to sit through but you might learn a few things if you choose to watch) then, a young adult in college with a part time job. (college and part time job are both optional) and finally a man/women who has a life ahead of them. As an adolescent, you would have parents who would raise you like any other parent you come across. The game would select randomly if you have strict parents, abusive parents, nice ones, or the kind that just don't care. You would sometimes have siblings as well and parents will occasional go through divorce and things like that. There would also be a weight and strength system. Eat to much, you get overweight and scolded form your parents/doctor. (You would have regular doctor checks that you can choose to go to or not) Under eat and you risk disease, but stay in t he middle and you'll be good to go. As for strength, you can get a membership at your local gym, (or just sneak in/steal a membership card) or buy excursize equiptment for your house. Your house would be accessible at any time and you could move/sell/buy furniture at any time.

Running out of funds? In my game, you can developed, learn, or be naturally born with the hacker skill. Hack into the bank, steal a credit cars, trick the local cashier, or just plain out rob someone. Well those are the basics of my game, (yes those are the basics. I am tired of typing) and tell me what you think and what your game would be like.

Message 1 of 3 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
252 posts

Re: If you could make a game.....

Oct 23, 2012
If you ever played pokemon trading card game on gameboy i would make a new card game kinda like that but with a **bleep** load of cards and more people to battle and since its turn based i would make it playable over the 3g network on my vita
Message 2 of 3 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
45 posts

Re: If you could make a game.....

Oct 23, 2012

Cool

Message 3 of 3 (44 Views)
0 Likes