Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 24 2010
By: curiousecat Uncharted Territory 1475 posts

If the PS3 gets an updated Browser will you use it?

32 replies 35 views Edited Dec 24, 2010

First a special Note:

To those of you that think that

PC and Macs are for this kind of thing

please stay on the topic.

This Forum is to see who is willing to break out of there "Shell"

I would like to know this one thing.

Should the PS3 come out with an updated browser that can run HD Video and do quite a bit more, would you use it?

If the Browser in the PS3 can use Certain functions like the functions in these forums IE spell Check, Post pictures, and the Like. would you use it for such a thing?

I am interested in hearing what you have to say Other Then PC and Macs are for that kind of stuff.

Selencha

SCEA’s decision to implement Update 3.21 placed Plaintiffs and Class members in a “Hobson’s Choice.” PS3 owners who chose not to install Update 3.21 could no longer access
many of the other important PS3 features including the PSN, the ability to play games online, the ability to access online features, or the ability to play newer PS3 games and/or Blu-ray discs that required Update 3.21. On the other hand, PS3 owners who did install Update 3.21 lost all access to the computer functionality of the PS3’s “Other OS” feature.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 33 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2166 posts

Re: If the PS3 gets an updated Browser will you use it?

Dec 24, 2010

Nope.

-----------------------------------

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 33 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4222 posts

Dec 24, 2010

Well I use the browser frequently when all the computers are being used so it's a useful feature. They really need to improve it. I mean look at Google when using that browser, good lord. I'll still use it regardless if they finally give it that upgrade it badly needs.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 33 (35 Views)
Splicer
88 posts

Dec 24, 2010

I was just thinking this myself. I'd say yeah, I mean the browser is worse than the galaxy phone's browser.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 33 (35 Views)
Record Breaker
4351 posts

Dec 24, 2010

That would be absolutely great if they actually update it. I used to use it before it became obsolete. Since then, I've hooked up a pc to my 42" tv. I don't really need the ps3's browser anymore. But an update would great for people that do need it.

Proud to be a Monkey!
 photo GTLogoMonkeySig.gif

~~~ SupaTunaGT ~~~

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 33 (35 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1881 posts

Dec 24, 2010

I don't think I'd ever actually use it.  At most I'd probably open it a time or two for some laughs.  I'd be more likely to care if it was an update for the PSP browser actually.  But in the end, it doesn't really matter... I'm sitting infront of a computer, tell me why i should care?

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 33 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2727 posts

Dec 24, 2010

I would most definitely use it.

I'm so sick to death of the fact that Sony created a browser for us to use to surf the internet on our PS3s, that doesn't work.

As it stands now, popular websites like YouTube, GameTrailers, even PSN websites won't load graphics, won't play certain video codecs, won't do this---won't do that, oh AND locks up your PS3 randomly.

Sony, you owe use and updated (working) browser already. It's long overdue.

Random Images

S E I J I N S H I . A L L D A Y . E V E R Y D A Y
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 33 (35 Views)
First Son
15 posts

Dec 24, 2010

I would definitely use it.  I have a bluetooth keyboard w/touchpad that I use on my PS3 and it is really handy to use the built-in browser to look up wiki pages for say, Oblivion.  What sucks though is that about 75% of pages have some sort of problem being rendered and it makes it a pain to use the browser even for browsing basic text and graphic style pages.  If they updated the browser, I would definitely use it.  Heck I make attempts at using the broken one now just because half the time my wife is on the computer doing something herself.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 33 (35 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1355 posts

Dec 24, 2010

I'd use it no matter what. Thats because I already use it.:smileytongue:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Qh53rX1pAE, Watch this ULTRA Fail.r070_Bashir-TRAIN-Master_397m
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 33 (35 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
391 posts

Dec 24, 2010

I would have to say yes.  I already use the current one as it is a decent BASIC browser, though basic isn't much these days.  You see, my PS3 isn't in the same room as my computer.  In fact, it isn't even on the same floor.  While I prefer to use my PC, I sometimes don't feel like climbing steps all the time just to look up one quick thing.

Shikenator Trophy Card
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 33 (35 Views)