Dec 24 2006
By: arabian~ Treasure Hunter 5835 posts

IE7 Issue

15 replies 1 views Edited Dec 24, 2006
I'll start from the beginning, a few weeks back, I downloaded a cracked version of FRAPS (game capture program) and after I installed it, it wouldn't open. So I searched the internet for a solution to this problem. I found it, but it asked to edit the registry. So I was like "Should I go for it?". My inner pirate prevailed and I went for it. So, you know, got FRAPS to work only to find out that the program blows. Alright then, so I figured I could just uninstall it without any harm done. Boy, was I wrong. After I uninstalled it, IE7 stopped working. I was really angry. The problems with it is it won't open up any webpages and the only way I can close it is by going to the Task Manager>Processes Tab and end the ieplorer.exe process.

So, is there a solution to this problem?
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 1 of 16 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8085 posts

Re: IE7 Issue

Dec 24, 2006
did you search google? YOu shouldn't edit system reg
Message 2 of 16 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4683 posts

Dec 24, 2006
uninstall ie and reinstall then restart your computer. btw im going to sleep now. i thought id shareSmiley Wink
2008 DODGE Challenger
Message 3 of 16 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5835 posts

Dec 24, 2006

Antoniocool wrote:
uninstall ie and reinstall then restart your computer. btw im going to sleep now. i thought id shareSmiley Wink

I tried that already. IE6 worked but when I reinstalled IE7, it still wouldn't work.
Message 4 of 16 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5835 posts

Dec 24, 2006
BUMP. Now with pictures.

Message 5 of 16 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7955 posts

Dec 24, 2006
the solution is FIREFOX!

arabian wrote:
I'll start from the beginning, a few weeks back, I downloaded a cracked version of FRAPS (game capture program) and after I installed it, it wouldn't open. So I searched the internet for a solution to this problem. I found it, but it asked to edit the registry. So I was like "Should I go for it?". My inner pirate prevailed and I went for it. So, you know, got FRAPS to work only to find out that the program blows. Alright then, so I figured I could just uninstall it without any harm done. Boy, was I wrong. After I uninstalled it, IE7 stopped working. I was really angry. The problems with it is it won't open up any webpages and the only way I can close it is by going to the Task Manager>Processes Tab and end the ieplorer.exe process.

Message 6 of 16 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Dec 24, 2006

arabian wrote:

I have a solution if you have Windows XP restore it to a time before the download of FRAPS
Message 7 of 16 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7280 posts

Dec 24, 2006
Firefox.........
Signature removed by Admin due to advertising of a commercial nature.
Message 8 of 16 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5835 posts

Dec 24, 2006
Many of you guys are saying just use FireFox, which is good and all, but I prefer IE7. I feel Microsoft really improved on it.

Help is greatly appreciated.Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 16 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5835 posts

Dec 24, 2006

KAP78 wrote:

arabian wrote:

I have a solution if you have Windows XP restore it to a time before the download of FRAPS

I have thought of that, but I really want to keep that as sort of a last call.
Message 10 of 16 (1 View)
0 Likes