May 25 2013
By: notameg First Son 1 posts

I would like to take the songs from SingStar that I purchased on my PS3

2 replies 60 views Edited May 25, 2013

I have purchased songs from Singstar and my PS3 died (it overheats and has been fixed 3 times now no warranty), I want to transfer my songs over to my Sons PS3 but it says it will not transfer.  I purchased the songs and I want to play them it shouldn't matter which system I use, I paid most with my credit card so I should be able to use it whenever I want

Message 1 of 3 (60 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
819 posts

Re: I would like to take the songs from SingStar that I purchased on my PS3

May 25, 2013
I think you should too but it ain't gonna happen. This is what we get for clicking "agree" on everything without reading the legally binding contract.
Message 2 of 3 (56 Views)
Highlighted
MVP Support
7210 posts

Re: I would like to take the songs from SingStar that I purchased on my PS3

May 27, 2013

How are you trying to transfer them?  Can you just redownload them from your transaction history?  As far as I knew movies were the only thing on the store that wouldn't let you redownload.  However, when you look at Singstar songs in the store (as I just did), it says, "Products can be used only in SingStar® games for the PS3™ system and only on one activated system per download."  So I'm afraid you're out of luck.  You may try contacting Sony anyway and see if they can help, though they would probably only let you redownload or  transfer (not copy) the songs.

Message 3 of 3 (37 Views)
0 Likes