Limit Breaker
28040 posts

Re: I would get Xbox360 if it wasn't for...

Nov 20, 2006

Fenderson wrote:

If you ever get lagg on XBL.. It's your connection. If you connect to XBL on a 56k connect you're gonna get lag. Common Sense tells you that.

And the patches happen SLOWLY for ps3 and psp. With XBL you see 3-5 being released per month.

Lag can be cause by MANY things. It's impossible to poinpoint one thing.

As for PS3 updates...how would we know it was just released and there was an update on day 1. PSP updates have been pretty consistant and timely as well.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Get your Portable ID! | Killer Bees on the Swarm
Message 21 of 95 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5377 posts

Nov 20, 2006

InTheZoneAC wrote:

Bgamer wrote:

InTheZoneAC wrote:

Fenderson wrote:

SWK2705 wrote:
The Xbox live SUBSCRIPTION scam.

You get what you pay for. I don't see how it's a scam. You play for lagfree servers, patches, and tournaments.

LMFAO, it lags just as much as ps2, so lag free is just a myth, since people think paying is perfection.
Why pay for patches when sony offers free patches on ps3/psp?

You must have a terrible connection...

Anyways live is definitly worth the $5 a month. It isn't a scam.

I guess 3 different cable ISP all must suck. You act like I'm running on 128 dsl or w/e it's called.

I have DSL and I don't experience lag on xbox live at all...
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Message 22 of 95 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
140 posts

Nov 20, 2006
its less than a dollar per week to play ALL GAMES
how is this a bad deal when everything is integrated so perfectly
also if you look at how much a game like WoW is alone, live isnt that bad of a deal at all

br
Message 23 of 95 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2616 posts

Nov 20, 2006

Fenderson wrote:

TwiTch_1 wrote:
$5 a month aint bad, considering with that they're constantly patching and upgrading.
cmon, ya pay $5 a month for all you wanna play, while others shell out $15 a month to play ONE game *cough*WoW*cough*.

But I can understand where they're comming from. 5 dollars per month is like one less big mac value meal for them.

yeah, i was just contrasting where they complain about paying 5 bucks a month to play a multitude of games where others pay $5-$20 a month just to play ONE.  if ya listen, whereever u are, u can hear the pennies squeaking together in the kids pocket.

Message 24 of 95 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5818 posts

Nov 20, 2006
I would rather pay for quality than get cheap crap for free. ( For all the sony fanboys out there , I'm not talking about the PS3 , just in general)

Can you see.. Arbiter ? The moment of salvation.. is upon us.
Message 25 of 95 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12621 posts

Nov 20, 2006

Clinton514 wrote:

Fenderson wrote:

If you ever get lagg on XBL.. It's your connection. If you connect to XBL on a 56k connect you're gonna get lag. Common Sense tells you that.

And the patches happen SLOWLY for ps3 and psp. With XBL you see 3-5 being released per month.

As for PS3 updates...how would we know it was just released and there was an update on day 1. PSP updates have been pretty consistant and timely as well.

Just look at history, Use MMORPG for an example. The free mmorpg's always started out with fast updates and good support, then it goes downhill. The PayToPlay MMORPGs, they keep up with pathches, always fast updates, great support.
Message 26 of 95 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
28040 posts

Nov 20, 2006

The Jolly Roger wrote:
Having the option to play on-line with a video-game console should be viewed as strictly as a nice bonus. It should not be the main reason why someone would, or would not buy a video-game console. Doing so is plain dumb.

I can relate.
Message 27 of 95 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6089 posts

Nov 20, 2006

SWK2705 wrote:
The Xbox live SUBSCRIPTION scam.

it's not a scam, but I agree in that online play should be free
PM me if you can decrypt the following:
fW Pz9Xvut 6x4UkDf cYdtw5 urcDK lpgxL +x+f J3o ndoD S9JUcpDVRb zAHabg /6NSb WZW3 bl6 0Mxs0j agV+ Y3DeWjJfbR, WQl3 zojLK M64mddEvY UPMot 49Oc VZZO60 9x4pT

Your hint is: "12345" (You NEED this to get it)
Another hint: Encryptor is spelled with a -or, not -er
Another: Where do you go when you need help? Why would I tell you how to spell "encryptor?"
And another: You won't have to leave this browser window to figure it out
Finally someone got it: Congrats to SecretAgentMan on 7/13/07
Message 28 of 95 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4095 posts

Nov 20, 2006
its seriously not that bad at all...
Message 29 of 95 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
28040 posts

Nov 20, 2006

Fenderson wrote:

Clinton514 wrote:

Fenderson wrote:

Just look at history, Use MMORPG for an example. The free mmorpg's always started out with fast updates and good support, then it goes downhill. The PayToPlay MMORPGs, they keep up with pathches, always fast updates, great support.

Tough example seeing that I haven't experienced them for myself so I cannot comment on them. No one has a perfect connection and it would be a lie to claim that XBL suffers from no lag at all. Is it widespread? Probably not and it obviously depends on each game.  The same can probably be said for PS3's online which I can't comment about either since I haven't got a PS3 to test it out with yet.
Message 30 of 95 (0 Views)
0 Likes