Nov 30 2006
By: reel_deel~ Survivor 2975 posts

I want install a processor.

2 replies 1 views Edited Nov 30, 2006
I saw some videos and both of them said i have ware something to take out stack. Do i realy need to ware something to do that. When i cloud just touch the metal part of the computer or power supply.

Message Edited by reel_deel on 11-29-2006 04:16 PM

Message 1 of 3 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5873 posts

Re: I want in stall a processor.

Nov 30, 2006

reel_deel wrote:
I saw some videos and both of them said i have ware something to take out stack. Do i realy need to ware something to do that. When i cloud just touch the metal part of the computer or power supply.

Well.... you're supposed to wear and antistatic wrist band, which is then connected to an antistatic pad.  It prevents from ESD.... you don't NEED it, but it's a good idea... because all you need is one little static discharge at the wrong time, and u'r screwed.

if you decide not to get one, the best thing to do is to:

1) always make sure it's unplugged
2) touch the powersupply casing every 5 or 10 min... just to keep you in the same potential as the rest of the system

Message Edited by Tidus753 on 11-29-2006 07:18 PM

Message 2 of 3 (1 View)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
24213 posts

Re: I want in stall a processor.

Nov 30, 2006

reel_deel wrote:

So it is a little bit more readable....

I saw a couple videos and both of them said I have to wear something to get rid of the static electricity. Do I really need to wear something, to get rid of this static-ness? When I could just touch the metal of the computer or the power supply.

answer...

yes you can just touch the metal on the case and or power supply to disipate the static..but you should also have it on a table on carpet...or linoleum
Photobucket
Message 3 of 3 (1 View)
0 Likes