May 12 2004
By: blueoakleyz Last Guardian 12360 posts

I've come to a decision: guns suck.

126 replies 1 views Edited May 12, 2004
And should be outlawed/banned except by those in protection agencies.

After my recent interest in weapons, katanas, nunchaku, swords etc I've come to the conclusion guns just suck. For a weapon that can kill people, those people have no way of defending themselves. There is just too much gun violence, and the stupid thing is, a handgun is legal but nunchaku are not in some states... wth???? Guns took away any honor or skill from the art of killing people (oh that sounds bad but what I'm sayin is that if you must have a weapon it should be for defense or you should be able to defend yourself. Sorry this is just confusing). All the art of and skill in non-gun weapons is now obsolete because any kid off the street can take a gun, aim and shoot and kill innocent people.

Message 1 of 127 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4038 posts

Re: I've come to a decision: guns suck.

May 12, 2004
Guns only suck in the hands of people who make stupid decisions.,
Message 2 of 127 (1 View)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
690 posts

May 12, 2004
who needs guns when you have swords

guns are the cheap way to defend yourself
my sig blew up,the horror
Message 3 of 127 (1 View)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12360 posts

May 12, 2004

yes they are indeed

they allow the power to kill to any schmoe who has money to buy one

<--- kinda makes me sick that my rank is "spec op" :/ I'd much rather be Samurai or something

Message Edited by BlueOakleyz on 05-11-2004 06:09 PM

Message 4 of 127 (1 View)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
11037 posts

May 12, 2004
Guns are an advancement of technology. I can assure you that almost every nation in the world in the past, present and future enjoy the benefits of being able to kill their enemies from a distance rather than standing up close.

As far as banning guns, aint going to happen. In the US, the Bill of Rights protects citizens rights to carry and bear arms. This is just one of many rights that the government cannot infringe upon because it is part of the Bill of Rights.

When you have a burglar in your house, or some psychopath trying to murder you, which would you choose? Katana, or a .44 Magnum? I'll choose the gun anyday....
Smoke me a kipper. I'll be back for breakfast!

PSU's Underground Lounge Host Emeritus
Message 5 of 127 (1 View)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12360 posts

May 12, 2004

Um I'd only need a gun in my house against a burglar because THEY'RE allowed to buy guns too. If this world was without guns I'd much rather have a katana but in that case my only defense is to shoot first...

I pity people that think guns are "cool"

"As far as banning guns, aint going to happen. In the US, the Bill of Rights protects citizens rights to carry and bear arms. This is just one of many rights that the government cannot infringe upon because it is part of the Bill of Rights."

Yeah but who ever said all laws written 300 years ago are correct? There were laws saying black people should be descriminated against. There's laws right now saying **bleep**s should be descriminated against... Things can change and should change in some instances.

Message Edited by BlueOakleyz on 05-11-2004 06:14 PM

Message 6 of 127 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7253 posts

May 12, 2004
Guns dont kill people, people kill poeple there you have it.....,
To improve the oarsman you must improve the man
Message 7 of 127 (1 View)
0 Likes
Wastelander
891 posts

May 12, 2004
I don't see why any citizen needs to own a gun.  It has been proven time and again that they cause more harm to people unintentionally than they "protect" them.  People love to use the excuse that they want the gun for "security" by keeping it in their bedside drawer in case their family was attacked.  Thats worthless.  Unfortunately, banning guns will never work.  People will throw a fit because its in the constitution that it is our "right to bear arms".  Besides, people will still own them illegally.  My brother works on the trauma floor in a hospital, and its amazing the number of people who come in shot either by accident or over something ridiculous like looking at someone funny.  Guns are for cowards

Message 8 of 127 (1 View)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12360 posts

May 12, 2004

Um that still provides no answer to the problem. "Guns don't kill people, people kill people"....

ok... but now any person who has money and wants to kill someone just has to buy a gun and shoot... and the other person has no defense. OF COURSE it's people kill people, but there's a vast difference in what kind of weapon they use.

Message 9 of 127 (1 View)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1391 posts

May 12, 2004
Ok...scenario time...say someone has broken into your house and is beating your 4 year old daughter (yes i know, highly unlikely, yet a good environment for the situation) Well, i would rather shoot the man then go for a dual in my living room.

Message Edited by Drewx34 on 05-11-2004 08:18 PM

Message 10 of 127 (1 View)
0 Likes