Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 26 2013
By: SlashZaku PlayStation MVP 41073 posts

I think I'm back in the game...

15 replies 164 views Edited Jan 26, 2013
PS3 broke down in August 2009. A victim to the YLOD. Haven't played a PS3 since that time. Brother came home today and handed me a PS3. Completely surprised me. Plugged it up and it's running fine. Looks to have a little wear. Whoever had it last didn't format it and left a bunch of demos/music on it so I'm formatting it right now (waiting roughly 2 hours before I get everything setup).

It's a 40GB Fatty and since my former was a 60GB Fatty, I'm kind of worried about it YLOD on me like the last but I'm content enough with being able to play again.

Gonna demo binge tonight most likely and see what I've been missing :smileyvery-happy:

Message 1 of 16 (164 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30460 posts

Re: I think I'm back in the game...

Jan 26, 2013

Good luck!

Message 2 of 16 (153 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
889 posts

Jan 26, 2013

Welcome back. To say you've missed a lot in those 3 years is an understatement. lol

photo wizard_zps4173ab5c.png
Message 3 of 16 (140 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
9551 posts

Jan 26, 2013

MGR: Revengeance :smileyhappy:

Message 4 of 16 (127 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41073 posts

Jan 26, 2013
Played it. Swear I couldn't figure out how parrying worked :smileyvery-happy: Got the hang of it though.
One of the other problems I'm having is I can put in a $20 gift card I have but there is so much in that price range. Could grab Journey or VF5FS for instance.

Message 5 of 16 (118 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1042 posts

Jan 26, 2013

SlashZaku wrote:
Played it. Swear I couldn't figure out how parrying worked :smileyvery-happy: Got the hang of it though.
One of the other problems I'm having is I can put in a $20 gift card I have but there is so much in that price range. Could grab Journey or VF5FS for instance.

Journey, always go with Journey xD

Welcome BTW.

Message 6 of 16 (109 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
32739 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 26, 2013

holy crap, it took you long enough. :smileytongue:

youre actually at the waaaay bottom of my friends list because you havent signed on in so long. :smileyvery-happy:

Message 7 of 16 (103 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41073 posts

Jan 26, 2013
Like I said, it was a complete surprise to me that my Brother bought one home. Gonna live in the moment though and try not to worry about it being a fatty. Now that I have something to play though, I guess it gives me more reason to buy some thermal paste and take the 60GB apart so I can nab the stuff on it. and be golden.

There was a DS3 with the system but whoever owned it last put some work in on it. The rubber nubs aren't set anymore. They 'rotate' freely and it's annoying (I didn't realize this till I was playing SSHD again). So, despite the rumble, I fetched one of my SIXAXIS controllers.

Just good to be out of the Dark Ages :smileyvery-happy:

Message 8 of 16 (98 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
32739 posts

Jan 26, 2013

SlashZaku wrote:
Like I said, it was a complete surprise to me that my Brother bought one home. Gonna live in the moment though and try not to worry about it being a fatty. Now that I have something to play though, I guess it gives me more reason to buy some thermal paste and take the 60GB apart so I can nab the stuff on it. and be golden.

There was a DS3 with the system but whoever owned it last put some work in on it. The rubber nubs aren't set anymore. They 'rotate' freely and it's annoying (I didn't realize this till I was playing SSHD again). So, despite the rumble, I fetched one of my SIXAXIS controllers.

Just good to be out of the Dark Ages :smileyvery-happy:

why worry? im still running a 60GB. sure the fans kick into overdrive quickly, and on hot days i have to put a fan in front of it, but it still works fine. :smileyvery-happy:

and the hell with rumble.

as long as the analog sticks have spring and the buttons respond well who cares. personaly, i turn off rumble in games anyway.

Message 9 of 16 (97 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41073 posts

Jan 26, 2013
I'm paranoid like that though. Having a 360 crap on me twice (new and the refurb they sent) and my original 60GB PS3 this gen has put me on edge.

I've done without rumble this gen so far and haven't minded it missing so sticking with the SIXAXIS isn't going to bother me any.

I don't even know where to start with games. I'm grabbing the F2P stuff for now (will grab DCU later but dled Dust and the JP Gundam game already) and may spring for a PSN dl later (Journey, Under Siege demo was nice, VF5FS, think the first Batman is $20, like I said, a lot of choices and I'm like a kid in a candy store right now) and I have money to nab something new if I choose. TLOU is looking to be that title but I may need to go 'window shopping' to see what else is out.

Message 10 of 16 (94 Views)
0 Likes