Highlighted
Jan 22 2007
By: haxorjoe Treasure Hunter 9425 posts

I think I have OCD

18 replies 2 views Edited Jan 22, 2007

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OCD

Ok, I have:

Perfectly aligning objects at complete, absolute right angles, etc. This symptom is shared with OCPD and can be confused with this condition unless it is realized that in OCPD it is not stress-related.

Having to "cancel out" bad thoughts with good thoughts. Example of bad thoughts are:

A need for both sides of the body to feel even. A person with OCD might walk down a sidewalk and step on a crack with the ball of their left foot, then feel the need to step on another crack with the ball of their right foot. Also, if one hand gets wet, the sufferer may feel very uncomfortable if the other is not.

Message Edited by shun goku satsu on 01-22-2007 03:48 PM
Message 3 of 19 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6819 posts

Re: I think I have OCD

Jan 22, 2007
ya that equality thing is me lol

i just dont let it effect me too much..it bothers me though..

Rome Anthem 158 = Freerider Heaven
In my time here, i have learnt that 80% of the stories that are posted on the forums have been reposted from Digg, Reddit, ect..
Message 1 of 19 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9584 posts

Jan 22, 2007
Yeah, i think everyone is a little obssesive compulsive.  If you saw the Aviator movie, you would know how bad it is though.
Photobucket
Message 2 of 19 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7338 posts

Jan 22, 2007

MacUsr wrote:

Ok, I have:

Perfectly aligning objects at complete, absolute right angles, etc. This symptom is shared with OCPD and can be confused with this condition unless it is realized that in OCPD it is not stress-related.

Having to "cancel out" bad thoughts with good thoughts. Example of bad thoughts are:

A need for both sides of the body to feel even. A person with OCD might walk down a sidewalk and step on a crack with the ball of their left foot, then feel the need to step on another crack with the ball of their right foot. Also, if one hand gets wet, the sufferer may feel very uncomfortable if the other is not.

I do the exact same things, especially doing everything equally.

Message Edited by shun goku satsu on 01-22-2007 03:48 PM
Message 4 of 19 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6938 posts

Jan 22, 2007

MacUsr wrote:

Ok, I have:

Having to "cancel out" bad thoughts with good thoughts. Examples of bad thoughts are:
Imagining harming a child, and having to imagine a child playing happily to cancel it out.
Sexual obsessions, or unwanted sexual thoughts. Two classic examples are fear of being homosexual or fear of being a pedophile. In both cases, sufferers will obsess over whether or not they are genuinely aroused by the thoughts.

I used to to both of the bold lettering all the time. I finally overcame it in like 7th grade. It's really really hard to overcome. I never got diagnosed with it but I'm positive I had it. It felt like if I didn't do it right God would punish me. I finally realized how dumb that sounded and I overcame it but very slowly. I still do it every once in a while.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 5 of 19 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9425 posts

Jan 22, 2007
Like sometimes I feel like I just have to do some weird thing, like move my arms in a weird way, or make a strange noise. and one really bad thing that I think is a hallucination, where I feel like a hedge trimmer is cutting my achilles tendon
Message 6 of 19 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3587 posts

Jan 22, 2007
i think i have ocd too just that i keep my room messy in exception for my desk and the rest of my house everything ahs to be stacked up or symmetrical in size order and also the thing with everything in the body being equal and i've recently been obessesd with having the correct abreviations and puting the " ' " sign where i should. i like it though. but mine isn't as serious as monk's lol

��� user.

Message 7 of 19 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1651 posts

Jan 23, 2007
I have OCD. I just scratched both of my ears because I had to scratch my left one.

Message Edited by Sid the Mod on 01-22-2007 04:02 PM
Message 8 of 19 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7338 posts

Jan 23, 2007

Sid the Mod wrote:
I have OCD. I just scratched both of my ears because I had to scratch my left one.

Message Edited by Sid the Mod on 01-22-2007 04:02 PM

I do that tooSmiley Very Happy
Message 9 of 19 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
20647 posts

Jan 23, 2007
I do everything equally also.
Message 10 of 19 (2 Views)
0 Likes