Last Guardian
11242 posts

Re: I really hate our society. Sexism, etc.

Jun 29, 2013
I know. Smiley Sad

Message 11 of 30 (133 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2599 posts

Jun 29, 2013
You guys are basically saying woman should stay behind to look after kids, etc.

So, meteorically speaking, what happens when a draft *is* called one day? Woman stay behind to be in comfort and help kids. But men are being FORCED againsed their rights to possibly die. This equals out to many, many things. One such i will name: People are being forced to give up their brother,son,husband,father,cousin,etc, for wars that MIGHT not be worth fighting.
All the other wars that had drafts, millions of men died for stupid reasons.

I just cant WAIT to see the next draft so i can see how pointless, and sexist, it is.
Message 12 of 30 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
34385 posts

Jun 29, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

maarillianaire wrote:
Women are geneticaly made to do a few things,have sex,give birth,cook,and clean,men are made to fight,hunt,and do everything else.

They are genetically made to cook an clean? 

tumblr_m7uu0eXnsd1rry9ec.gif

Agreed.  This isn't true at all.  I know men who are better at cooking and cleaning.

Here's the real answer.

Back in the Olden Days before the Industrial Revolution, people worked all day long.  Men would work the field all day.  Simply surviving was a labor intensive ordeal.  Families wanted lots of sons so they could work the field.  But we all still needed to eat and have clothes mended, etc.  Women were busy all day doing the labor intensive stuff that needed to be done but it didn't require a man to do.

For plowing the fields you not only needed a man, but some strong beasts of burden.  For harvesting, women could do that.  So EVERYONE joined in on the harvest.  Food was perishable so it made more sense for the men to do the heavy lifting and the women to can the food.  It all had to be done.  It would be silly to send the women into the field and have the men do the canning.  Men were exerting tremendous amounts of energy from sun-up to sun-down.  Women were exeting less energy but it lasted all day long.  It was more of a marathon.

As the saying goes, A cowboy works from sun to sun, but a woman's job is never done.

When you have limited resources and everyone is working at the limits of their endurance, you don't worry about who has "the right to work where they want".  You get people working where it makes the most sense.  Everyone is doing something.  Even the children are working.  Any toys or games the children played would ultimately train them for grown-up life.  This is why there are "boy toys" and "girl toys".  Different things were expected out of you when you became an adult.

Most of the jobs today (for men and women) would have been unthinkable 200 years ago.  Nobody had the luxury of our sedentary lifestyle, let alone entertainment, recreation, and vacations.  These were for the very wealthy people only.  If you were just regular wealthy, your wealth was often measured in farm animals.  You still had to work your butt off to maintain your livestock.  Regular people who were just getting by had little time for recreation.  Even when deep winter set in, you still had to feed the animals, clean the barn, maintain or repair the farming equipment.

Even today life on a farm is pretty rough.  You don't just sit around all day looking at horses.  If you're on a farm, you WORK.

Message 13 of 30 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11940 posts

Jun 29, 2013

maarillianaire wrote:
Women are geneticaly made to do a few things,have sex,give birth,cook,and clean,men are made to fight,hunt,and do everything else.

Message 14 of 30 (108 Views)
PlayStation MVP
5475 posts

Jun 29, 2013

As a veteran of the United States Marine Corps, who fought alongside each branch of the armed services during my time in, I can say that I don't care what gender you are, what color your skin is, what religion you practice (or don't), or what the gender is of the person you are in love with; if you want to defend your country (whatever country that may be), I say that you have the right to do so.  Period.

Even for males, you have to qualify for combat.  I know, and have known many females that are more than capable of meeting and/or exceeding these performance standards.

All other arguments that have been levied are simply irrelevant to me.

We're all human (except for the cats).  That should be the end of the discussion.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 15 of 30 (94 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
11940 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 29, 2013

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

As a veteran of the United States Marine Corps, who fought alongside each branch of the armed services during my time in, I can say that I don't care what gender you are, what color your skin is, what religion you practice (or don't), or what the gender is of the person you are in love with; if you want to defend your country (whatever country that may be), I say that you have the right to do so.  Period.

Even for males, you have to qualify for combat.  I know, and have known many females that are more than capable of meeting and/or exceeding these performance standards.

All other arguments that have been levied are simply irrelevant to me.

We're all human (except for the cats).  That should be the end of the discussion.

Message 16 of 30 (89 Views)
VP of Gaming
33343 posts

Jun 29, 2013

maarillianaire wrote:

women are horrible drivers thats in their genes

Message 17 of 30 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Jun 29, 2013

DrGadget wrote:

NikeMurphDawg wrote:
It's not sexist. Men are more superior (don't attack me). Since the beginning men have hunted, worked, killed. Women were to look after kids and what not.

Ah, but... Lately they are trying to get women into front line combat.  As if it's an "opportunity" that men have and women don't.  The only opportunity is the an opportunity to get shot.  The only equality is the equality of the grave.

And then in the next conflict, there will be high casualty rates among female soldiers.  And then all the women's lib weirodes will complain about that too, as if that's somehow unfair.  Idiots!  You've been begging to get women into front-line combat for years.  Only someone who hasn't got clue #1 about warfare would want women in front-lien combat.  Now that Little Suzy got ganked in the upcoming conflict, are you going to be satisfied with your new "equality" or will you blame someone else for letting little girls (actually volunteer adult women but who cares about facts) get killed?

rramsdell wrote:
In a movie or TV. they never will actually show a female dying. Sure they will die but you never actually see it. Even Letty from Fast and Furious, all of sudden she's back.

Um... I just watched Skyfall last week.  They showed M dying.

Also The Hunger Games.  That little girl dying.  One of the best death scenes I ever saw right there.

Yes, but what I'm saying is, you never actually SEE what causing the death of a female.  You will see it with a male though, getting stabbed, murder, etc.  They never show the actual cause, when it comes to females dying on screen.  Even in BATES MOTEL.  The teacher that killed herself, committed suicide, but didn't actually show it.  Just showed her laying dead on the floor all cut up.  Male, they would've showed it.  

Message 18 of 30 (55 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
33343 posts

Jun 29, 2013

rramsdell wrote:

DrGadget wrote:

NikeMurphDawg wrote:
It's not sexist. Men are more superior (don't attack me). Since the beginning men have hunted, worked, killed. Women were to look after kids and what not.

Ah, but... Lately they are trying to get women into front line combat.  As if it's an "opportunity" that men have and women don't.  The only opportunity is the an opportunity to get shot.  The only equality is the equality of the grave.

And then in the next conflict, there will be high casualty rates among female soldiers.  And then all the women's lib weirodes will complain about that too, as if that's somehow unfair.  Idiots!  You've been begging to get women into front-line combat for years.  Only someone who hasn't got clue #1 about warfare would want women in front-lien combat.  Now that Little Suzy got ganked in the upcoming conflict, are you going to be satisfied with your new "equality" or will you blame someone else for letting little girls (actually volunteer adult women but who cares about facts) get killed?

rramsdell wrote:
In a movie or TV. they never will actually show a female dying. Sure they will die but you never actually see it. Even Letty from Fast and Furious, all of sudden she's back.

Also The Hunger Games.  That little girl dying.  One of the best death scenes I ever saw right there.

Yes, but what I'm saying is, you never actually SEE what causing the death of a female.  You will see it with a male though, getting stabbed, murder, etc.  They never show the actual cause, when it comes to females dying on screen.  Even in BATES MOTEL.  The teacher that killed herself, committed suicide, but didn't actually show it.  Just showed her laying dead on the floor all cut up.  Male, they would've showed it.  

she didint commit suicide

Message 19 of 30 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Jun 29, 2013

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

rramsdell wrote:

DrGadget wrote:

NikeMurphDawg wrote:

rramsdell wrote:

she didint commit suicide

LOL, did you see the ending?  Did you actually see her death?  

Message 20 of 30 (44 Views)
0 Likes