Fender Bender
2698 posts

Re: I play sports (apparently)

[ Edited ]
Jul 14, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Is this better?

Actual sports have just as much to do with mental ability as physical. They're not out there just running around doing whatever they want.

This is exactly how I picture anime fans are LOL

Juli photo juli6.gif
Message 31 of 58 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 14, 2013

While funny, using a show meant to stereotype smart people causes you to lose any and all credibility you might have had on this subject.

Calling them "athletes" may be a little odd. But considering gaming a sport is perfectly fine. You use sportsmanship right? Teamwork? Yes... Points? It seems the only difference is the physical aspect of it all, which some can't seem to get over.

The words sport, is not synonymous with physical activity.

Spoiler
oh, and professional gamers don't seem to be caught up in illigal activity on a monthly basis.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 32 of 58 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13101 posts

Jul 14, 2013
Alright *cracks knuckles* here we go

First of all yes they are comparable. They are both top down strategy games. Yes the skillset may be different but the mindset is the same. You are controlling your team and trying to get them to point A to point B and destroy anything in your path.

Now the graphics are obviously far better in COH2. The level of detail, the environments, the models, THOSE **bleep** SNOWSTORMS, all of it is simply amazing. The voice acting is SUPERB. You really feel like you're controlling a squad and trying to lead them without getting them killed. The sound is amazing. The way you here artilerry on the other side of the map while you're looking at your base, the gunfire....my god the gunfire.

Gameplay is fun and balanced. Now what is LoL like. Pew pew here Q-Q there. Point is, toxic 1, setz 0.
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 33 of 58 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 14, 2013

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:
Alright *cracks knuckles* here we go

First of all yes they are comparable. They are both top down strategy games. Yes the skillset may be different but the mindset is the same. You are controlling your team and trying to get them to point A to point B and destroy anything in your path.

Now the graphics are obviously far better in COH2. The level of detail, the environments, the models, THOSE **bleep** SNOWSTORMS, all of it is simply amazing. The voice acting is SUPERB. You really feel like you're controlling a squad and trying to lead them without getting them killed. The sound is amazing. The way you here artilerry on the other side of the map while you're looking at your base, the gunfire....my god the gunfire.

Gameplay is fun and balanced. Now what is LoL like. Pew pew here Q-Q there. Point is, toxic 1, setz 0.

What?...

Oh ya... This again... ok.

Like I said, the games are supremely different, they aren't even classified under the same genre, and you don't control a team, you control one character, with different abilities. 

As I stated before, i'm sure company of heroes is an excellent game. It just has nothing to do with League of Legends.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 34 of 58 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2179 posts

Jul 14, 2013

Das Murika for ya.....

Message 35 of 58 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Jul 14, 2013

RaiXku wrote:

Das Murika for ya.....

You're kidding right?

In south Korea, more people watch professional starcraft tournaments than Americans watch the commercial...erm..superbowl

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 36 of 58 (35 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28984 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 14, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

While funny, using a show meant to stereotype smart people causes you to lose any and all credibility you might have had on this subject.

Calling them "athletes" may be a little odd. But considering gaming a sport is perfectly fine. You use sportsmanship right? Teamwork? Yes... Points? It seems the only difference is the physical aspect of it all, which some can't seem to get over.

Spoiler
oh, and professional gamers don't seem to be caught up in illigal activity on a monthly basis.

Can't take a little joke? Despite the propensity of "gamers" to change the definition by repeating something enough, this is one is not negotiable;

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sport

an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature, as racing, baseball, tennis, golf, bowling, wrestling, boxing, hunting, fishing, etc.

And let's not say anything about "illeagal activity", because I'm sure that there's a lot of gamers out there using torrent sites to pirate games, music, movies, and other things.

Calling video games a "sport" is an insult to all the people who train countless train countless hours to compete at a higher levels than any of us can ever hope to achieve.

Message 37 of 58 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 14, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

Spoiler

Despite the propensity of "gamers" to change the definition by repeating something enough, this is one is not negotiable;

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sport

an athletic activity requiring Skill OR physical prowess and often of a competitive nature, as racing, baseball, tennis, golf, bowling, wrestling, boxing, hunting, fishing, etc.

And let's not say anything about "illeagal activity", because I'm sure that there's a lot of gamers out there using torrent sites to pirate games, music, movies, and other things.

You're right, it's not.

So, thanks for agreeing that "sport" is not inherently synonymous with phyiscal activity. 

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 38 of 58 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2179 posts

Jul 14, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

RaiXku wrote:

Das Murika for ya.....

You're kidding right?

In south Korea, more people watch professional starcraft tournaments than Americans watch the commercial...erm..superbowl

Message 39 of 58 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13101 posts

Jul 14, 2013
STOP TRYING TO AVOID THIS FIGHT SETZ.....I like a good LoL beatdown....
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 40 of 58 (26 Views)
0 Likes