Reply
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/18/2012
Offline
1315 posts
 

Re: I play sports (apparently)

Jul 13, 2013

Recognize all gaming as a sport and I'll be part of the NGL. 

" I did not tell half of what I saw. For i knew i would not be believed " - Marco Polo 1324.
Message 21 of 58 (93 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 05/27/2010
Online
13127 posts
 

Re: I play sports (apparently)

Jul 13, 2013

In order to debate, I have to think, and in order to think, I can't be tired. I'm just gonna browse the web until I feel like going to bed. But tomorrow, expect the biggest debate the forums has ever seen.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

ITS GOING TO BE LEGEN- wait for it

Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 22 of 58 (89 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 02/13/2013
Offline
1605 posts
 

Re: I play sports (apparently)

Jul 13, 2013

so i play sports to then....

awesome now wheres my scholorships!!!



Message 23 of 58 (82 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 12/08/2000
Online
29167 posts
 

Re: I play sports (apparently)

Jul 13, 2013

They recognized video games as a "sport" so that the State Department could clear people to go overseas and participate in tournaments. Quite frankly, I have always been of the opinion that claiming "gamers are athletes" is an insult to all those who train and compete in actual athletic competition.

Message 24 of 58 (74 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 03/11/2009
Offline
307 posts
 

Re: I play sports (apparently)

Jul 13, 2013
Agree. I've played baseball and basketball my life, as well be a geek too. i don't see why the two are almost always separate.
Message 25 of 58 (70 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 12/08/2000
Online
29167 posts
 

Re: I play sports (apparently)

Jul 13, 2013

Deiradinn wrote:
Agree. I've played baseball and basketball my life, as well be a geek too. i don't see why the two are almost always separate.

Really? You think there's no difference between this

 

 

And this?

 

Message 26 of 58 (68 Views)
Limit Breaker
Registered: 05/24/2009
Offline
18676 posts
 

Re: I play sports (apparently)

Jul 13, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Deiradinn wrote:
Agree. I've played baseball and basketball my life, as well be a geek too. i don't see why the two are almost always separate.

Really? You think there's no difference between this

 

 

And this?

 


come now, we both know that's not a fair comparison. The article was referring to professional players, in that regard, no there is no difference.

 

One is simply more about physical ability instead of mental ability.

RE-THINK SALAD


Message 27 of 58 (57 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/09/2009
Offline
2699 posts
 

Re: I play sports (apparently)

Jul 13, 2013

Sitting in front of a computer screen or TV does not make you an "athlete".  Its like calling that fat guy with diabetes who's good at gaming an athlete.  I wish they would just call it competitive gaming instead of "Esports".

Juli photo juli6.gif
Message 28 of 58 (51 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 09/05/2012
Offline
8191 posts
 

Re: I play sports (apparently)

Jul 13, 2013

dc4daniel wrote:

Sitting in front of a computer screen or TV does not make you an "athlete".  Its like calling that fat guy with diabetes who's good at gaming an athlete.  I wish they would just call it competitive gaming instead of "Esports".


Tell that to Whiteboy7thst 

 

DfrL6.gif

FiveFourteen
Ask FiveFourteen,Twitter,Google+
"I am passionate, vigilant, motivated, and I am proud to be a part of the PlayStation Community."
Message 29 of 58 (44 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 12/08/2000
Online
29167 posts
 

Re: I play sports (apparently)

Jul 13, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Deiradinn wrote:
Agree. I've played baseball and basketball my life, as well be a geek too. i don't see why the two are almost always separate.

Really? You think there's no difference between this

 

 

And this?

 


come now, we both know that's not a fair comparison. The article was referring to professional players, in that regard, no there is no difference.

 

One is simply more about physical ability instead of mental ability.


Is this better?

 

Actual sports have just as much to do with mental ability as physical. They're not out there just running around doing whatever they want.

Message 30 of 58 (36 Views)
Reply
0 Likes