VP of Gaming
31106 posts

Re: I need some help with surround speakers

Dec 18, 2006

scaryjam8 wrote:

canadaeh wrote:
um you probally need a reciever.

i read on a website that it has an onboard amplifier and that i didnt need a reciever or anything but do you know what kind i would need to get?

the subwoofer would have an amplifier, thats about it. you need to find us a website with technical specs or take pictures of the connectors.
Message 11 of 22 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4514 posts

Dec 18, 2006

canadaeh wrote:

scaryjam8 wrote:

canadaeh wrote:
um you probally need a reciever.

i read on a website that it has an onboard amplifier and that i didnt need a reciever or anything but do you know what kind i would need to get?

the subwoofer would have an amplifier, thats about it. you need to find us a website with technical specs or take pictures of the connectors.

k im taking pics now
Message 12 of 22 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4514 posts

Dec 18, 2006
k here are some pics

sorry about the quality my camera sucks
Message 13 of 22 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4514 posts

Dec 18, 2006

canadaeh wrote:

scaryjam8 wrote:
k here are some pics

ok from what i can make out you need normal speake cable for the small speakers, then an rca cable to hook up a device (like the red and yellow connectors on the playstation 2) and seeing as it does have a built in amp, you could probally connect a device directyl to it (since it has independent volume).

Ok i knew about the amp built in and the rca cable but what kind of speaker cable do i need to look for?
Also ive been connecting my dvd player directly to it thats how i knew that the sub woofer was working but the speakers wasnt.
Message 14 of 22 (0 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
31106 posts

Dec 18, 2006

scaryjam8 wrote:
k here are some pics

ok from what i can make out you need normal speake cable for the small speakers, then an rca cable to hook up a device (like the red and yellow WHITE connectors on the playstation 2) and seeing as it does have a built in amp, you could probally connect a device directyl to it (since it has independent volume).

my brain made a funny

Message Edited by canadaeh on 12-18-2006 05:40 PM
Message 15 of 22 (0 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
31106 posts

Dec 18, 2006

scaryjam8 wrote:

canadaeh wrote:

scaryjam8 wrote:
k here are some pics

ok from what i can make out you need normal speake cable for the small speakers, then an rca cable to hook up a device (like the red and yellow connectors on the playstation 2) and seeing as it does have a built in amp, you could probally connect a device directyl to it (since it has independent volume).

Ok i knew about the amp built in and the rca cable but what kind of speaker cable do i need to look for?
Also ive been connecting my dvd player directly to it thats how i knew that the sub woofer was working but the speakers wasnt.

its just normal speaker wire.  and thicker is better
Message 16 of 22 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4514 posts

Dec 18, 2006

canadaeh wrote:

scaryjam8 wrote:

canadaeh wrote:

scaryjam8 wrote:
k here are some pics

its just normal speaker wire.  and thicker is better

Ok i have 5 speakers 2 front 2 rear and 1 center peice.But on the back of the subwoofer i only have room for 4 speakers the way i was hooking them up. why is that and does that matter?
Also i have some speaker wire not as thick as that but they still dont work could the speaker wire be bad?
my wire is white on one side and white with a black strip on the other side of the wire.So i was connecting the black strip side to the black connector on the speaker and the sub woofer and i was connectioning the white side of the wire with the red connectors on the sub woofer and speaker.Is this the wrong way to connect them?

Message Edited by scaryjam8 on 12-18-2006 04:54 PM

Message Edited by scaryjam8 on 12-18-2006 04:56 PM
Message 17 of 22 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4514 posts

Dec 18, 2006
my wire is white on one side and white with a black strip on the other side of the wire.So i was connecting the black strip side to the black connector on the speaker and the sub woofer and i was connectioning the white side of the wire with the red connectors on the sub woofer and speaker.Is this the wrong way to connect them?
Also on the right side of the black and red connectors it says hi level out and on the left it says hi level in
what does this mean?

Message Edited by scaryjam8 on 12-18-2006 04:57 PM
Message 18 of 22 (0 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
31106 posts

Dec 18, 2006

scaryjam8 wrote:
Also on the right side of the black and red connectors it says hi level out and on the left it says hi level in
what does this mean?

yes black stripe = black connector, and i dont know about your centre channel, you would have to take a closer pic that i would actually read.
Message 19 of 22 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4514 posts

Dec 18, 2006

canadaeh wrote:

scaryjam8 wrote:
what does this mean?

yes black stripe = black connector, and i dont know about your centre channel, you would have to take a closer pic that i would actually read.

my centre channel? whats that? ill try to take a bettter pic if you tell me what it is
Message 20 of 22 (0 Views)
0 Likes