Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ghost of Sparta
14373 posts

Re: I'mmmmm baaaaaaaack!!!!....With a question

Dec 19, 2006

JakandDax2Dmax wrote:
As some of you know, my power went out I got it back on Saturday.YAY! Anyway I suffered 2 casualties...2 fish. Anyway I lost:2 tvs(taht we know of for now) a dishwasher(the motherboard anyway) a washing machine(motherboard also), MY WII! and all the phones. I was wondering where I can buy-And if I can buy-The cord that connects  the Wii to the wall. I think that might be blown and the Wii may be fine. My ps3 survived(YES!) it had a surge protector that was BLACK on the bottom.Thanks!

I don't believe it's possible for just the cord to be blown, I'm sorry to say that... I would take the warranty up, and get a new one.
Photobucket
PSUComic|XBL - FadeToDark|PSN - FadeToDark
Message 11 of 37 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9177 posts

Dec 19, 2006
Sorry to hear about the wii
Message 12 of 37 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
148 posts

Dec 19, 2006
We had something similar happen to us about 10 years ago.  It turned out that the pole where our electricity hookup was was attracting lightning...our TV, computer, answering machine, microwave, and all of our phones were fried.  The power company ended up reimbursing us for everything since the pole should have been fixed. 

The greatest lesson we learned was to have everything on surge protectors.  We've had power outtages since then and have had the surge protectors blow (it's almost surreal when you see how they look afterwards, black on the bottom as you said), but the things that were plugged into them always survived.

As for the Wii power cord, try the official Nintendo online store?   I know they sell replacement sensor bars, so I'd imagine they sell the power cord as well.  Good luck!
Message 13 of 37 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7156 posts

Dec 19, 2006

PSPplayer17 wrote:

JakandDax2Dmax wrote:
As some of you know, my power went out I got it back on Saturday.YAY! Anyway I suffered 2 casualties...2 fish. Anyway I lost:2 tvs(taht we know of for now) a dishwasher(the motherboard anyway) a washing machine(motherboard also), MY WII! and all the phones. I was wondering where I can buy-And if I can buy-The cord that connects  the Wii to the wall. I think that might be blown and the Wii may be fine. My ps3 survived(YES!) it had a surge protector that was BLACK on the bottom.Thanks!

I don't believe it's possible for just the cord to be blown, I'm sorry to say that... I would take the warranty up, and get a new one.

You sure? Yeah but if I find one and it doesn't work AND the Wii doesn't work we'd need a new one anyway. Because she said Nintendo would have it fixed for us.
Message 14 of 37 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7156 posts

Dec 19, 2006

Jakester14 wrote:
Sorry to hear about the wii

Thanks
Message 15 of 37 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7156 posts

Dec 19, 2006

MidnightRain wrote:
We had something similar happen to us about 10 years ago.  It turned out that the pole where our electricity hookup was was attracting lightning...our TV, computer, answering machine, microwave, and all of our phones were fried.  The power company ended up reimbursing us for everything since the pole should have been fixed. 

The greatest lesson we learned was to have everything on surge protectors.  We've had power outtages since then and have had the surge protectors blow (it's almost surreal when you see how they look afterwards, black on the bottom as you said), but the things that were plugged into them always survived.

As for the Wii power cord, try the official Nintendo online store?   I know they sell replacement sensor bars, so I'd imagine they sell the power cord as well.  Good luck!

Thanks!
Message 16 of 37 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2594 posts

Dec 19, 2006
You mean the storm in Washington? That was brutal. A lady died because her own basement flooded and she drowned.
Message 17 of 37 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7156 posts

Dec 19, 2006

Jake20324 wrote:
You mean the storm in Washington? That was brutal. A lady died because her own basement flooded and she drowned.

Yeah I heard about that.You live in WA?

Message Edited by JakandDax2Dmax on 12-19-2006 10:11 AM
Message 18 of 37 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
14373 posts

Dec 19, 2006

JakandDax2Dmax wrote:

PSPplayer17 wrote:

JakandDax2Dmax wrote:

You sure? Yeah but if I find one and it doesn't work AND the Wii doesn't work we'd need a new one anyway. Because she said Nintendo would have it fixed for us.

It wouldn't fry the powercord, it would fry the internal workings.
Photobucket
PSUComic|XBL - FadeToDark|PSN - FadeToDark
Message 19 of 37 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2594 posts

Dec 19, 2006

JakandDax2Dmax wrote:

Jake20324 wrote:

Yeah I heard about that.You live in WA?

Message Edited by JakandDax2Dmax on 12-19-2006 10:11 AM

I do. I had to walk home from school during that storm.

Walking home during big storm=me gets very very wet...

Oh well...Winter break came early!
Message 20 of 37 (8 Views)
0 Likes