Dec 19 2006
By: JakandDax2Dmax~ Treasure Hunter 7156 posts

I'mmmmm baaaaaaaack!!!!....With a question

36 replies 1 views Edited Dec 19, 2006
As some of you know, my power went out I got it back on Saturday.YAY! Anyway I suffered 2 casualties...2 fish. Anyway I lost:2 tvs(taht we know of for now) a dishwasher(the motherboard anyway) a washing machine(motherboard also), MY WII! and all the phones. I was wondering where I can buy-And if I can buy-The cord that connects  the Wii to the wall. I think that might be blown and the Wii may be fine. My ps3 survived(YES!) it had a surge protector that was BLACK on the bottom.Thanks!
Message 1 of 37 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5659 posts

Re: I'mmmmm baaaaaaaack!!!!....With a question

Dec 19, 2006
that major sucks! im glad your ps3 made it, you could try going to the local walmart and seeing if they have one in the accessories area, also consider getting a UPS (uninteruptable power supply) for your expensive media center goodies to protect them from surges and such, hope your wii is ok
Message 2 of 37 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3099 posts

Dec 19, 2006
you could call wii support, and buy a few surge protectors at the store
Message 3 of 37 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7156 posts

Dec 19, 2006

turtle1maniac wrote:
that major sucks! im glad your ps3 made it, you could try going to the local walmart and seeing if they have one in the accessories area, also consider getting a UPS (uninteruptable power supply) for your expensive media center goodies to protect them from surges and such, hope your wii is ok

Thanks so much I'll try those ideas
Message 4 of 37 (1 View)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9674 posts

Dec 19, 2006
doesnt your house have circuit breakers lol?

and its too bad that you lost the wii, i would trade the ps3 for the wii anyday, the damn thign is bigger than the first xbox, and like all the games out for it now, arent designed very well at all, they dont fit smoothly with the system.

ill wait till the ps3 has a couple years under its belt and developers know wt hell they are doing, then buy one

Message 5 of 37 (1 View)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9674 posts

Dec 19, 2006
sry forgot something, just plug everything into a really good surge protector, dont worry about the power supply thing, you really only need those to run your stuff when the power is out, mostly only needed in important business applications. i just dont see why getting 30 minutes of extra play time on a gaming pc when the power dies, is THAT neccessary, plus a good surge protector is waaay cheaper.  i dont think you NEED to play your ps3 when the power is out, so save the money for games.

Message 6 of 37 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7156 posts

Dec 19, 2006

Masta Squidge wrote:
sry forgot something, just plug everything into a really good surge protector, dont worry about the power supply thing, you really only need those to run your stuff when the power is out, mostly only needed in important business applications. i just dont see why getting 30 minutes of extra play time on a gaming pc when the power dies, is THAT neccessary, plus a good surge protector is waaay cheaper.  i dont think you NEED to play your ps3 when the power is out, so save the money for games.

Okay but I'm wondering about where I can but a new cord for my Wii.
Message 7 of 37 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3059 posts

Dec 19, 2006

JakandDax2Dmax wrote:
As some of you know, my power went out I got it back on Saturday.YAY! Anyway I suffered 2 casualties...2 fish. Anyway I lost:2 tvs(taht we know of for now) a dishwasher(the motherboard anyway) a washing machine(motherboard also), MY WII! and all the phones. I was wondering where I can buy-And if I can buy-The cord that connects  the Wii to the wall. I think that might be blown and the Wii may be fine. My ps3 survived(YES!) it had a surge protector that was BLACK on the bottom.Thanks!

Don't you guys have home owners insurance? It should cover all that.
Friends don't let friends buy Bose

http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html
Message 8 of 37 (1 View)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12462 posts

Dec 19, 2006
thats nuts! yay ps3!
Message 9 of 37 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter