Lombax Warrior
144 posts

Re: I just had the weiderst thing happened to me!

Jul 2, 2010

Fel08 wrote:

Introvert_Genius wrote:

Well, from what you described, you aren't alone.  What you describe has happened to me.

It sounds like a combination of a night terror and some type of anxiety.  The whole thing with figuring it out is that it probably has something to do with what you were dreaming about or something in  your subconscious since that is the part that controls your brain.

When you friend came in and woke you, you somewhat left deep sleep, but you were still in a sleep phase.  When you sat up and starting screaming, it was most likely something in your dream that triggered fear in your mind causing you to scream, or show the typical signs of fear. 

This happens to many people.  Pretty much anyone who sleep walks or sleep talks experience the same thing that you did.  The difference between them and you is that you came too far out of your deep sleep phase where something in your subconscious felt so real, but your mind was unable to distinguish between the dream state and being awake.  There have been many times that I have been told that I have had full conversations, mostly non-coherent on my end because I am asleep and unable to process logical answers to simple questions, but I am answering due to something in my dream. 

Now, the racing heart beat, having trouble breathing, and weird tingling feeling in your head, well that is pretty much text-book description of anxiety, which could be caused by experiencing a night terror.  Most of the time that I have a night terror I just don't feel right the next day, but I guess over the years I got use to it.  What could be adding to your anxiety is the fact that you think there is something wrong, well I assure you that there isn't something wrong, at least on the physical level.  Yes, it could easily be some repressed traumatic thoughts that happened to be triggered that led to the triggering of the anxiety, but I can assure you that it will pass, once you can stop focusing on it.

Stop drinking any caffeine, because that just increases the anxiety. 

Now, if the feelings of anxiety continues for more than a day or two make a doctor appt., of course if you live in the states that will be hard to do since we have a holiday weekend.  In that case, go to a local hospital.  They have departments there that deal with mental symptoms, like severe anxiety, like what you are experiencing.  They will most likely give you something to help calm you down for a few days until you can get to your doctor to get something permanent.  Your doctor will most likely suggest one or both of the following things.  He will first suggest you see a psychologist and psychiatrist to have you on a permanent regiment of anti-anxiety treatment, and your doctor might also suggest that you get a sleep study done to analyze your brain activity while you are sleeping.

You aren't alone, and what you are feeling is normal...  Well, normal for someone who just experienced what you did.

Thanks for the response dude. Everything u said makes perfect sense. I actually had anxiety attacks before, but nothing like last night. That was totally weird, but it fit everything u just said. I finally went back to bed, and got some sleep, and it's all good now. The anxiety feeling is gone, and so is the tingling feeling. I might go to my doctor next week, to see what he says.

Your are welcome. 

Yes, I would suggest going to the doctor.  I put it off for many years, thinking it was just a phase, but in the long run it actually hurt me more.  The reason why is because the way the brain reacts to anxiety attacks is very hurtful.  It can cause damage to your brain receptors, along with the way your brain produces chemicals.  Lets just say that me putting it off and ignoring it has cause irreversable damage that I will never be able to escape.  If your general doctor does nothing, I would suggest going to a psychotherapist to seek help there.  I wouldn't wish what I go through on a mostly daily basis on anyone, and I would hate to see someone that is showing the precursors to a move severe problems to ignore them.

Also, be sure to give your doctor all your possible symptoms.  You would be surprised how many non-direct symptoms can indicate a problem with anxiety.  You may want to read up on webmd or another site on the symptoms before going through the doctor so you know what to mention to him.

Message 21 of 25 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5226 posts

Jul 3, 2010
Well I talk in my sleep. I beat you :smileytongue:

Join the fun!
Message 22 of 25 (1 View)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

Jul 3, 2010

why can't this happen to me??? Coolest stuff seems to happen to me when I take benedryl..I feel really wasted etc...but I try to make my self stay awake just so I can get the full effect of being messed up lol...maybe I should of put t his in the weird thread

Message 23 of 25 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
144 posts

Jul 3, 2010

netsolid wrote:

why can't this happen to me??? Coolest stuff seems to happen to me when I take benedryl..I feel really wasted etc...but I try to make my self stay awake just so I can get the full effect of being messed up lol...maybe I should of put t his in the weird thread

You want this kind of stuff to happen to you?  I would be careful what you wish for. 

Message 24 of 25 (1 View)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1047 posts

Jul 3, 2010

netsolid wrote:

Trust me dude. U don't want anything like this to happen to u. It was so bad, I'm scared to death to go to sleep now. I literally felt like I was going to die.

Message 25 of 25 (1 View)
0 Likes