Apr 23 2007
By: Future_Gohan Treasure Hunter 8793 posts

I just got linux for the first time.....

3 replies 3 views Edited Apr 23, 2007
I got Linux Mint(Ubuntu).

Now what can I do with this? I"m messing around with it abit but I don't really see anything cool.

how do I install stuff...

Whats some really cool stuff linux can do that windows can't?

Btw.

I'm multibooting XP, Vista, and Linux.

I'm just using Linux to test it out.
Message 1 of 4 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2583 posts

Re: I just got linux for the first time.....

Apr 23, 2007
Read the manual and get comfortable with Linux before you ask simple questions.  Most linux distributions have a highly detailed manual.  If you don't do that, it's going to be hard to get help from people about it.
Message 2 of 4 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8793 posts

Apr 23, 2007

Mil79 wrote:
Read the manual and get comfortable with Linux before you ask simple questions.  Most linux distributions have a highly detailed manual.  If you don't do that, it's going to be hard to get help from people about it.

Message 3 of 4 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2583 posts

Apr 23, 2007

future_gohan wrote:

Mil79 wrote:

It's the truth man.  There are wayy to many distributions to give you a simple way to "install" things.  You just have to check it for your distribution.  I've used Linux for quite a long time and there's no "do this" instruction I can give for you.  I've never used your distribution so I can't help you.

You can do a lot with linux though you just have to explore it.  The only thing you really can't do that windows can in play DirectX games easily.  There is a work around but very compilcated.
Message 4 of 4 (3 Views)
0 Likes