Aug 06 2013
By: Solid---Steak Fender Bender 2971 posts

I just finished The Walking Dead. I'm shaking. *Huge spoilers

17 replies 151 views Edited Aug 6, 2013

This is one of the best games I've played this gen. The ending... Jesus, that ending. I'm going to talk about the decisions I made, and the regrets I have. 

First, Episode 1:

- I saved Duck at Hershel's farm. I knew that if I saved him instead of Hershel's son, Kenny might consider giving me a place on his RV. Through the whole game, I always sided with Ken.

- I also gave the bitten woman at the motel, Irene, the gun. She had nothing else to live for, and wanted out. I saw it as mercy.

- In the drugstore, I saved Carley from the walkers. Doug didn't seem like an interesting character, and I didn't warm to him, so I saved Carley

Episode 2:

- I helped Kenny drop the brick on Larry's head. It was partly his fault that he suffered from the heart attack, and you learn that no matter how you die, you come back. He was a racist **bleep** anyway. Smiley Tongue

- I stole food from the car, which I later regretted in the finale, as everyone who has played the game will know why.

Episode 3:

- In Episode 3, I left Lilly on the side of the road to die. She was becoming crazy, and shot Carley in the head. That sealed the deal, she was too risky to have in the group.

- I shot Duck after he got bit. Kenny volunteered to shoot him, but a father shooting his own son would send someone insane. I didn't want Kenny to have to do it.

Episode 4:

When escaping the bell tower, Ben gets grabbed by a walker. I decided not to save him and to let him get killed. It was his fault that Kenny's family died, and that the group got attacked by bandits in the motel. He was a burden.

- One of the most important choices in the game. I revealed the bite to the group. I was honest and to the point with them. Not telling them would be stupid.

Episode 5, the finale:

- I let Christa chop off Lee's arm, to try and lengthen the time he had left.

- I killed Clementine's captor. I played it cool, tried to be sympathetic with him. When Clem stabbed him with the cleaver, I strangled him. The captor was the owner of the car with the supplies in it from Episode 2. A question for people who've played: what happens if you don't steal supplies from his car?

- I made Clementine shoot me. Coming back as a walker would be horrible, it had to be done.

What decisions did you guys make? I went into a lot of detail with what I did. I really can't wait for Season 2 to come out, huge fan of this series and TWD in general. The ending was very daring, and TellTale did a good job with it. Not many games have the guts to end at such a devastating and sad point. I wasn't expecting much from this game having played some other TT titles (Jurassic Park, Back To The Future) but this game blew me away. Kudos to TellTale, roll on Season 2! 

And excuse me if this post makes me look like a crazy obsessive!

....It's probably because I am a crazy obsessive though. Smiley LOL

photo Steak_zps70cec71c.jpg
Message 1 of 18 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4550 posts

Re: I just finished The Walking Dead. I'm shaking. *Huge spoilers

Aug 6, 2013
Spoiler

Solid---Steak wrote:

This is one of the best games I've played this gen. The ending... Jesus, that ending. I'm going to talk about the decisions I made, and the regrets I have. 

First, Episode 1:

- I saved Duck at Hershel's farm. I knew that if I saved him instead of Hershel's son, Kenny might consider giving me a place on his RV. Through the whole game, I always sided with Ken.

- I also gave the bitten woman at the motel, Irene, the gun. She had nothing else to live for, and wanted out. I saw it as mercy.

- In the drugstore, I saved Carley from the walkers. Doug didn't seem like an interesting character, and I didn't warm to him, so I saved Carley

Episode 2:

- I helped Kenny drop the brick on Larry's head. It was partly his fault that he suffered from the heart attack, and you learn that no matter how you die, you come back. He was a racist **bleep** anyway. Smiley Tongue

- I stole food from the car, which I later regretted in the finale, as everyone who has played the game will know why.

Episode 3:

- In Episode 3, I left Lilly on the side of the road to die. She was becoming crazy, and shot Carley in the head. That sealed the deal, she was too risky to have in the group.

- I shot Duck after he got bit. Kenny volunteered to shoot him, but a father shooting his own son would send someone insane. I didn't want Kenny to have to do it.

Episode 4:

When escaping the bell tower, Ben gets grabbed by a walker. I decided not to save him and to let him get killed. It was his fault that Kenny's family died, and that the group got attacked by bandits in the motel. He was a burden.

- One of the most important choices in the game. I revealed the bite to the group. I was honest and to the point with them. Not telling them would be stupid.

Episode 5, the finale:

- I killed Clementine's captor. I played it cool, tried to be sympathetic with him. When Clem stabbed him with the cleaver, I strangled him. The captor was the owner of the car with the supplies in it from Episode 2. A question for people who've played: what happens if you don't steal supplies from his car?

- I made Clementine shoot me. Coming back as a walker would be horrible, it had to be done.

What decisions did you guys make? I went into a lot of detail with what I did. I really can't wait for Season 2 to come out, huge fan of this series and TWD in general. The ending was very daring, and TellTale did a good job with it. Not many games have the guts to end at such a devastating and sad point. I wasn't expecting much from this game having played some other TT titles (Jurassic Park, Back To The Future) but this game blew me away. Kudos to TellTale, roll on Season 2! 

Spoiler

SPOILERS! the ending had me almost cry though

<

photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

Welcoming Committee   

Message 2 of 18 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2971 posts

Aug 6, 2013

King_xO-AsSaSSin wrote:
Spoiler

Solid---Steak wrote:

First, Episode 1:

Episode 2:

Episode 3:

Episode 4:

Episode 5, the finale:

Spoiler

SPOILERS! the ending had me almost cry though

Same. The way Clem points the gun at Lee and closes her eyes.. then when she shoots the screen goes to black. Goosebumps.

Message 3 of 18 (143 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34135 posts

Aug 6, 2013

it was a pretty emotional game. cant wait for season 2.

Message 4 of 18 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4501 posts

Aug 6, 2013

The game was alright. It didn't hit me emotionally like it did for you.

Journey, on the other hand, did. Along with The Last of Us.

YB

Message 5 of 18 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 6, 2013

SPOILERS

Don't worry, I'm over-obsessed with this game too!

I had a different approach though.

Spoiler
I absoluted HATED Kenny. Ever since he left me when I tried saving Hershel's son I instantly hated him. To me, he was an arrogant, selfish man...Also, at the end I had Clementine leave Lee without shooting him.

I love this game and I can't wait for Season 2!

P.S. have you played 400 days?

Message 6 of 18 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2971 posts

Aug 6, 2013

Unclear_Motive wrote:
SPOILERS

I had a different approach though. I absoluted HATED Kenny. Ever since he left me when I tried saving Hershel's son I instantly hated him. To me, he was an arrogant, selfish man...Also, at the end I had Clementine leave Lee without shooting him.

I haven't played 400 Days, but I've seen it on YouTube. I didn't see the point in paying €5 for 2 hours of content. It was good though.

Message 7 of 18 (121 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34135 posts

Aug 6, 2013

Unclear_Motive wrote:
SPOILERS

Spoiler
I had a different approach though. I absoluted HATED Kenny. Ever since he left me when I tried saving Hershel's son I instantly hated him. To me, he was an arrogant, selfish man...Also, at the end I had Clementine leave Lee without shooting him.

Spoiler
same here. Lee was cuffed to the radiator so there was no need to make Clem waste a bullet. and i just couldnt make Clem shoot Lee. Smiley Sad

Message 8 of 18 (113 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 7, 2013
Spoiler
It's been a while since I finished the game, so I'll just reply to some of yours...if that made sense. Smiley Happy

*I saved Duck too, and I'm wondering would it made that much of a difference if you saved the other guy? Forgot his name...

*I didn't steal food from the car, but it didn't make a difference at the end. I do think I took the sweater, so never mind. Lol.

*When Carley got shot, I left Lilly too. I actually ended up re-doing that scene a couple of scenes hoping that I could save her, but no luck. Smiley Sad

*I ended up helping Ben, because I would've felt guilty if I had left him there even if he made the group lag behind.

*I revealed the bite too, because I trusted them all. Also, I didn't think they'd just kill me off either. Smiley Very Happy

*I couldn't let Christa chop off Lee's arm, I was thinking in advance about not being able to use my arm and it causing a lot of complications with watching over Clem.

*I made Clem shoot me too...it was hard, and I cried over it, but it did have to be done. Handcuffs can't keep a walker away.

Yes, I did cry over the game, no shame here. TWD was a magnificent game, because of the depth, the raw emotion. Most of the time it was depressing, but they had some good feeling parts too. At first I was skeptical of the game, because I wasn't fond of cartoonish games, but the game was worth the money and beyond. Smiley Happy I'd play it again. I bought the game with the compendium, and the comic is awesome too!

Message 9 of 18 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5702 posts

Aug 7, 2013

Please hide these.. Never played the game.. Kind of spoiling it

photo f9ed0560-3816-41c2-9bbf-cb66d0260acb_zpsyrnrzise.jpg
Message 10 of 18 (91 Views)
0 Likes