Reply
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 03/03/2003
Offline
1493 posts
 

Re: I have grown to hate Sony...

Jan 11, 2014

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

like i said before so every console that sony will release in the future will be a "basic" console with little to no features and the stuff people want and use will be added in an update at an unknown time in the future?

and by then there might even be a price drop on the console?

and i know some people say this is a gaming console meant to play videogames etc... so why add all the other stuff in the first place then?


Thats why it pays to own more then one system,gamers play games fanboys are stuck with one system and complain about the other one.XBL Ag3nt Slug3r PSN Ag3nt_Slug3r

Message 31 of 43 (107 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 09/30/2004
Online
35295 posts
 

Re: I have grown to hate Sony...

Jan 11, 2014

Ag3nt_Slug3r wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

like i said before so every console that sony will release in the future will be a "basic" console with little to no features and the stuff people want and use will be added in an update at an unknown time in the future?

and by then there might even be a price drop on the console?

and i know some people say this is a gaming console meant to play videogames etc... so why add all the other stuff in the first place then?


Thats why it pays to own more then one system,gamers play games fanboys are stuck with one system and complain about the other one.XBL Ag3nt Slug3r PSN Ag3nt_Slug3r


good point.. since everyone has the financial ability to buy more than one console


Message 32 of 43 (102 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 05/22/2013
Offline
12492 posts
 

Re: I have grown to hate Sony...

[ Edited ]
Jan 11, 2014

SweetPoison13 wrote:

Box9Missingo wrote:

Juan1992 wrote:

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:
You can't save the saves to a USB stick?

Most games you can. As for the ones that are locked, you need to be a PS Plus subscriber to transfer those saved games.


-_- More money to spend. Guess I'll be looking up what games rely on that. Not that I don't plan on getting PS Plus, but for anyone who might not be able to afford to spend another $50 dollars on a subscription, it's rather impractical.


 

If I had known about the copyright protected saved data in some video games prior to actually purchasing them and playing through them then I probably wouldn’t have added them to my video game collection in the first place. Those are some cold hard facts (I just don't like this approach).

 

Anyone looking for more information about locked game saves for PlayStation Network titles or information about how to transfer data between PlayStation 3 video game consoles might like to check out this thread at playstationtrophies.org: PS3T's Official Locked Saved Games Thread.


Thanks for the help. Will check out the link.

 

On a side note, what's up with having the saved data being copyright protected? Wouldn't it be so on the game itself? Just wondering.

smdedspace2.png


Smiley HappyRobot Happy/FAQ and Rules & Conduct//FAQ about reports/Forum Team info/Robot Very Happy/WC Forum Resources/ PSN friends thread/Life and Gaming -- My blog

Playstation customer support numbers: 1-877-971-7669 (for billing and Playstation Network); 1-800-345-7669 (for technical support)
Message 33 of 43 (90 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 05/22/2013
Offline
12492 posts
 

Re: I have grown to hate Sony...

Jan 11, 2014

King_xO-AsSaSSin wrote:

Complainers logic:

 

Everything I want has to be there at launch or I will bash it and not buy it and complain about it, even though it'll be there soon.


Heck man, I wasn't even bashing it. I was just somewhat frustrated. Thanks to the above poster though, I got a half way decent answer and am looking further into it.

smdedspace2.png


Smiley HappyRobot Happy/FAQ and Rules & Conduct//FAQ about reports/Forum Team info/Robot Very Happy/WC Forum Resources/ PSN friends thread/Life and Gaming -- My blog

Playstation customer support numbers: 1-877-971-7669 (for billing and Playstation Network); 1-800-345-7669 (for technical support)
Message 34 of 43 (89 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 12/29/2003
Online
12420 posts
 

Re: I have grown to hate Sony...

[ Edited ]
Jan 11, 2014

Box9Missingo wrote:

SweetPoison13 wrote:

Box9Missingo wrote:

Juan1992 wrote:

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:
You can't save the saves to a USB stick?

Most games you can. As for the ones that are locked, you need to be a PS Plus subscriber to transfer those saved games.


-_- More money to spend. Guess I'll be looking up what games rely on that. Not that I don't plan on getting PS Plus, but for anyone who might not be able to afford to spend another $50 dollars on a subscription, it's rather impractical.


 

If I had known about the copyright protected saved data in some video games prior to actually purchasing them and playing through them then I probably wouldn’t have added them to my video game collection in the first place. Those are some cold hard facts (I just don't like this approach).

 

Anyone looking for more information about locked game saves for PlayStation Network titles or information about how to transfer data between PlayStation 3 video game consoles might like to check out this thread at playstationtrophies.org: PS3T's Official Locked Saved Games Thread.


Thanks for the help. Will check out the link.

 

On a side note, what's up with having the saved data being copyright protected? Wouldn't it be so on the game itself? Just wondering.


 

I think you have trophies to thank for this (and the idea that saved data should be restricted to the creators of that data).

 

PlayStation Plus can make transferring saved data of this nature easier (e.g., from one PlayStation 3 to another under the same account) but that probably shouldn’t be someone’s sole reason for subscribing to this service. It’s also probably not a permanent solution. Rather than worry about not being able to copy saved data I try not to purchase video games that make this difficult (or simply accept the fact that I might lose my data).

 

I never had these concerns a decade ago with memory cards but times have changed and a USB stick isn’t always going to be the answer.

PlayStation Consumer Services and Technical Support: 1-800-345-7669

PlayStation Account and Billing Support: 1-877-971-7669

Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison | Twitch: Sweet13Poison

Message 35 of 43 (72 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 08/24/2008
Offline
4170 posts
 

Re: I have grown to hate Sony...

Jan 11, 2014

Although it's nice to have backwards compatibility, you buy a NEW CONSOLE to play NEW GAMES, so I don't see the big issue with that. Game saves, yeah I can see your point with that but I don't think it's a deal breaker. Maybe I'm just not that picky and easy to please but whatever, to each their own. Build a PC if you want to do whatever you want with it. 

Message 36 of 43 (62 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 09/30/2004
Online
35295 posts
 

Re: I have grown to hate Sony...

[ Edited ]
Jan 11, 2014

a24fan wrote:

Although it's nice to have backwards compatibility, you buy a NEW CONSOLE to play NEW GAMES, so I don't see the big issue with that. Game saves, yeah I can see your point with that but I don't think it's a deal breaker. Maybe I'm just not that picky and easy to please but whatever, to each their own. Build a PC if you want to do whatever you want with it. 


actually im planning on getting a wii u and backwards copaibilty is a big factor in my decision to buy it

i didnt own  a wii so i will be able to enjoy all those games on one system and not have to buy all the older systems

so no people dont always buy a new system to play new games sorry


Message 37 of 43 (60 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 06/12/2012
Offline
614 posts
 

Re: I have grown to hate Sony...

Jan 11, 2014

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

like i said before so every console that sony will release in the future will be a "basic" console with little to no features and the stuff people want and use will be added in an update at an unknown time in the future?

and by then there might even be a price drop on the console?

and i know some people say this is a gaming console meant to play videogames etc... so why add all the other stuff in the first place then?


Every console ever released, since the internet, has had less at the beginning than it eventually added. As it should.

And that's a bad thing? If the initial offering doesn't entice you, enjoy getting more later for less money. There is no possible universe in which this is a negative.

Because people would like the extra stuff? That doesn't mean it NEEDS to be there in the first few months. If you can't stand the idea of having a PS4 before these features get there, which I don't quite understand, then just shut up and wait. Raging about it makes about as much sense as bashing Sony in October because the PS4 wasn't out yet. It is this kind of criticism that deligitamises gamers. The features have been announced, if you have no interest in owning a PS4 in the interim, then... just. shut. up. and. wait.

If my local grocery store announces that they will soon have Kosciusko beer mustard, I don't rant and rave that "MY STUPID STORE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE BEER MUSTARD WHAT KIND OF CRAP IS THIS I'LL NEVER BUY FROM THIS STORE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111"

...I just... wait for them to put that beer mustard in stock.

I don't rage against them. There are real reasons not to have that product yet. But they've promised it, so it is coming. Time is infinite. The 3 months in which they do not have it aren't worth being an **bleep** over.


digitalseraph2.jpg

Add me as a friend to chat or just play games -- PSNid: seraphim_falconu

checkoutbanner.jpg

Message 38 of 43 (56 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 05/22/2013
Offline
12492 posts
 

Re: I have grown to hate Sony...

Jan 11, 2014

SweetPoison13 wrote:

Box9Missingo wrote:

SweetPoison13 wrote:

Box9Missingo wrote:

Juan1992 wrote:

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:
You can't save the saves to a USB stick?

Most games you can. As for the ones that are locked, you need to be a PS Plus subscriber to transfer those saved games.


-_- More money to spend. Guess I'll be looking up what games rely on that. Not that I don't plan on getting PS Plus, but for anyone who might not be able to afford to spend another $50 dollars on a subscription, it's rather impractical.


 

If I had known about the copyright protected saved data in some video games prior to actually purchasing them and playing through them then I probably wouldn’t have added them to my video game collection in the first place. Those are some cold hard facts (I just don't like this approach).

 

Anyone looking for more information about locked game saves for PlayStation Network titles or information about how to transfer data between PlayStation 3 video game consoles might like to check out this thread at playstationtrophies.org: PS3T's Official Locked Saved Games Thread.


Thanks for the help. Will check out the link.

 

On a side note, what's up with having the saved data being copyright protected? Wouldn't it be so on the game itself? Just wondering.


 

I think you have trophies to thank for this (and the idea that saved data should be restricted to the creators of that data).

 

PlayStation Plus can make transferring saved data of this nature easier (e.g., from one PlayStation 3 to another under the same account) but that probably shouldn’t be someone’s sole reason for subscribing to this service. It’s also probably not a permanent solution. Rather than worry about not being able to copy saved data I try not to purchase video games that make this difficult (or simply accept the fact that I might lose my data).

 

I never had these concerns a decade ago with memory cards but times have changed and a USB stick isn’t always going to be the answer.


Ah.

 

That's great. And once I can get it it'll be nice to have that there. But I'll probably try to not get too many games that rely on it.

 

Same here. Memory cards were really good and you didn't have to deal with copyright and save data issues.

smdedspace2.png


Smiley HappyRobot Happy/FAQ and Rules & Conduct//FAQ about reports/Forum Team info/Robot Very Happy/WC Forum Resources/ PSN friends thread/Life and Gaming -- My blog

Playstation customer support numbers: 1-877-971-7669 (for billing and Playstation Network); 1-800-345-7669 (for technical support)
Message 39 of 43 (52 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 09/30/2004
Online
35295 posts
 

Re: I have grown to hate Sony...

Jan 11, 2014

seraphim_falconu wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

like i said before so every console that sony will release in the future will be a "basic" console with little to no features and the stuff people want and use will be added in an update at an unknown time in the future?

and by then there might even be a price drop on the console?

and i know some people say this is a gaming console meant to play videogames etc... so why add all the other stuff in the first place then?


Every console ever released, since the internet, has had less at the beginning than it eventually added. As it should.

And that's a bad thing? If the initial offering doesn't entice you, enjoy getting more later for less money. There is no possible universe in which this is a negative.

Because people would like the extra stuff? That doesn't mean it NEEDS to be there in the first few months. If you can't stand the idea of having a PS4 before these features get there, which I don't quite understand, then just shut up and wait. Raging about it makes about as much sense as bashing Sony in October because the PS4 wasn't out yet. It is this kind of criticism that deligitamises gamers. The features have been announced, if you have no interest in owning a PS4 in the interim, then... just. shut. up. and. wait.

If my local grocery store announces that they will soon have Kosciusko beer mustard, I don't rant and rave that "MY STUPID STORE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE BEER MUSTARD WHAT KIND OF CRAP IS THIS I'LL NEVER BUY FROM THIS STORE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111"

...I just... wait for them to put that beer mustard in stock.

I don't rage against them. There are real reasons not to have that product yet. But they've promised it, so it is coming. Time is infinite. The 3 months in which they do not have it aren't worth being an **bleep** over.



but all the stuff they added in their previous console should already be a standard in the next gen console

PLUS adding MORE new features that the ps3 never had

not add some feature that the ps3 already had and call it new

 


Message 40 of 43 (50 Views)
Reply
0 Likes