Highlighted
Dec 02 2006
By: Slapshot55 Treasure Hunter 6909 posts

I have a question.

11 replies 1 views Edited Dec 2, 2006
Ok, but before i say the question, I need to give you a little exposition:

2 nights ago:

I have a 6 month year old American Bulldog, and he's still considered a puppy.  He's not too big yet, but fairly stocky rounding him up to about 50 lbs.  He's an outdoor dog, and I have a fairly large backyard.  At night around dinner time, he sits by the back glass sliding door just in case someone opens it so he can come in. Well anyways, my mom walks by the door and screams. i run over and by the time i get there she has opened the door to allow the dog in quickly.  I asked what happened and she says she had just seen a large coyote in the backyar, about 15 ft away from my dog.  I was a bit skeptical on her over exaggeration of size, but it was enough to make me worried that my dog could've been attacked.

Last night:

We're eating dinner, and my mom says the dog is acting weird. I look over, and out of another window I see a strange looking animal coming towards it.  I sprint to the back door and see it; IT IS **bleep**ING HUGE!  I was shocked, it was the size of a german sheperd, i had no idea that a coyote could be that big.  He's stealthily walking towards my dog, no further then 10 ft way.  The coyote sees me and gets scared, sprinting off into the darkness.  I'm in complete shock.  THe coyote was probably mostly fur, and a lot larger in size then my dog, but in weight it looked only 40 pounds.  Now we're keeping my dog in the house.  And my dad is saying he is going to kill it.

Question:

Is it legal to shoot a coyote if it's in your back yard?  (I live in the Los Angeles County)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 1 of 12 (1 View)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
14324 posts

Re: I have a question.

Dec 2, 2006

Slapshot55 wrote:
Ok, but before i say the question, I need to give you a little exposition:

2 nights ago:

I have a 6 month year old American Bulldog, and he's still considered a puppy.  He's not too big yet, but fairly stocky rounding him up to about 50 lbs.  He's an outdoor dog, and I have a fairly large backyard.  At night around dinner time, he sits by the back glass sliding door just in case someone opens it so he can come in. Well anyways, my mom walks by the door and screams. i run over and by the time i get there she has opened the door to allow the dog in quickly.  I asked what happened and she says she had just seen a large coyote in the backyar, about 15 ft away from my dog.  I was a bit skeptical on her over exaggeration of size, but it was enough to make me worried that my dog could've been attacked.

Last night:

We're eating dinner, and my mom says the dog is acting weird. I look over, and out of another window I see a strange looking animal coming towards it.  I sprint to the back door and see it; IT IS **bleep**ING HUGE!  I was shocked, it was the size of a german sheperd, i had no idea that a coyote could be that big.  He's stealthily walking towards my dog, no further then 10 ft way.  The coyote sees me and gets scared, sprinting off into the darkness.  I'm in complete shock.  THe coyote was probably mostly fur, and a lot larger in size then my dog, but in weight it looked only 40 pounds.  Now we're keeping my dog in the house.  And my dad is saying he is going to kill it.

Question:

Is it legal to shoot a coyote if it's in your back yard?  (I live in the Los Angeles County)

well its hard to trace the shot if you only fire one time, if your dad is a good shot.... and if its trying to attack your dog then yes you can shoot it...
Message 2 of 12 (1 View)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Dec 2, 2006
i dont see why not if it try to kill me dog i would kill it
I HATE MY LIFE
Message 3 of 12 (1 View)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
20647 posts

Dec 2, 2006
yes anything threatening you or trying to attack pets im pretty sure you are allowed to kill, not 100% sure though
Message 4 of 12 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6909 posts

Dec 2, 2006

PS2master4444 wrote:
yes anything threatening you or trying to attack pets im pretty sure you are allowed to kill, not 100% sure though

does the type of gun matter?
Message 5 of 12 (1 View)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1305 posts

Re: Re: I have a question.

Dec 2, 2006
as long as u dont get caught.
������������������������������������������������
Wii 4.0U with XCM Chameleon Case Mod
-Bootmii vr2 with Starpatch hacks
-Preferred USB Loader: Wiiflow with 320gbHDD

Nintendo DSi 1.2U Black
-AceKard2i with 2gb micro sd
-M3i Zero (pending)
Message 6 of 12 (1 View)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
20647 posts

Dec 2, 2006
Sorry man, im not the person to ask.  Ive never been hunting or anything and have no guns in my house, so I wouldnt know.

Slapshot55 wrote:

PS2master4444 wrote:

does the type of gun matter?

Message 7 of 12 (1 View)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
31106 posts

Dec 2, 2006
you should probally check with your local authorities, or call your local animal control and maybe set up traps, because usually they travel in packs, i remember being at my grandmothers as a child and hearing them at night, sounded pretty scary
Message 8 of 12 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6909 posts

Dec 2, 2006

canadaeh wrote:
you should probally check with your local authorities, or call your local animal control and maybe set up traps, because usually they travel in packs, i remember being at my grandmothers as a child and hearing them at night, sounded pretty scary

it was by itself, and i have a 6 foot fence around my yard.  So im still trying to figure out how it got in, lol.
Message 9 of 12 (1 View)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
14324 posts

Dec 2, 2006

canadaeh wrote:

you ever been camping and seen bear tracks about 100 yards from your site, heard wild boars, and a mountain lion screaming all in one night? yea that was an interesting night, moutain lions make that kind of noise similar to a woman with a high pitch scream and nails on a chalkboard...
Message 10 of 12 (1 View)
0 Likes