Highlighted
Apr 24 2013
By: nozzyboi First Son 29 posts

I have a gaming pet peeve that I want to rant about.

[ Edited ]
7 replies 89 views Edited Apr 24, 2013

I hate it when someone claims they only play games for fun. And by them saying that, indicates that they have a life and we who are competitve dont.

Everyone plays games for fun. That is the point of a video game. Some people take the fun from a video game, and become competitive because of the way these games are set up. To play your friends, brother(s), sister(s), Dad, etc. You are suppose to compete. That is why you have different genres. If you play games for fun yet get mad at someone for yelling or getting too involved in the game. Get offline and play single player games.

I hate how people play someone online. And they are cheating or just plain suck. And when you call them out on it, they automatically say, "Bro chill, it's just a game. I play this for fun!"

Okay, and your point. Like so does everyone else in teh world who has a Playstation 3. I've never heard someone buy a video game system, and play these games with the intent of having a bad time.

I only rage when I play PS Allstars and someone deliberately only go after me. And end up losing because someone else took advantage and won. Like that pisses me off. Because your not trying to win but to be a complete jackoff online. And that isnt fair to the other gamers. But you only play for fun. And when we spazz out, we are the guilty ones.

Message 1 of 8 (89 Views)
Big Daddy
19119 posts

Re: I have a gaming pet peeve that I want to rant about.

[ Edited ]
Apr 24, 2013

nozzyboi wrote:

I hate it when someone claims they only play games for fun. And by them saying that, indicates that they have a life and we who are competitve dont.

Everyone plays games for fun. That is the point of a video game. Some people take the fun from a video game, and become competitive because of the way these games are set up. To play your friends, brother(s), sister(s), Dad, etc. You are suppose to compete. That is why you have different genres. If you play games for fun yet get mad at someone for yelling or getting too involved in the game. Get offline and play single player games.

I hate how people play someone online. And they are cheating or just plain suck. And when you call them out on it, they automatically say, "Bro chill, it's just a game. I play this for fun!"

Okay, and your point. Like so does everyone else in teh world who has a Playstation 3. I've never heard someone buy a video game system, and play these games with the intent of having a bad time.

I only rage when I play PS Allstars and someone deliberately only go after me. And end up losing because someone else took advantage and won. Like that pisses me off. Because your not trying to win but to be a complete jackoff online. And that isnt fair to the other gamers. But you only play for fun. And when we spazz out, we are the guilty ones.

I think it's because they fall into that easy little trap called pushing yourselves, where they are compelled to get one more kill to unlock another perk in the game , or pick up another second off the leader in a racing game. Even as a non-gamer, I fall into that trap very easily where one more strike for a 4 bagger will put me over my goal of 200 in bowling.

And then when you fail to reach that goal, that little bit of frustration sets in.

photo 683842d5-5deb-4335-8bcb-5b2166398090_zpsafb7b8da.jpg
Message 2 of 8 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Apr 24, 2013
Exactly.

I play games to have fun, but if your in an online, competitive match, then your in that to compete, and have fun as well. But, same thing goes for single player games. If your playing singler player, just messing around, then it's simply because you want to have fun only. But if your trying to beat the game, then your goal is to not only have fun, but to win.

That is annoying, to cheat on an online game is wrong, you should only cheat on a single player experience, not on a multiplayer, where you ruin others experience, when they don't wish to cheat as well. He might be cheating for fun, but your not, and while he is playing with others, he should respect that.

I agree with just about everything you mentioned.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 3 of 8 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
254 posts

Apr 24, 2013
I very rarely play games online, purely because of problems like this. I usually just play with friends.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm not German or Dutch! Elfen Lied is an anime!
Message 4 of 8 (74 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
819 posts

Apr 24, 2013
y'all guys must hate me then. im just getting into console gaming and that's exactly what i do. but if i don't get mad that y'all guys who are better than me kill me alot...i can't imagine why you should get mad.
Message 5 of 8 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
254 posts

Apr 24, 2013

lauranichole25 wrote:
y'all guys must hate me then. im just getting into console gaming and that's exactly what i do. but if i don't get mad that y'all guys who are better than me kill me alot...i can't imagine why you should get mad.

You missed the point - It's when people are going out of their way to ruin your fun, to ruin your experience, whether to witch hunt you online in a free roam, or use lag switches/cheats/hacks etc.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm not German or Dutch! Elfen Lied is an anime!
Message 6 of 8 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11298 posts

Apr 24, 2013
Well... erm... it *is* just a game.
Message 7 of 8 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Apr 24, 2013
Football is also just a game, yet, it's one of the most competitive sports out there, but, it is still a game, because many people play it for fun.

Video games have gone a long way, and their more than just games now. To not see that yet, is a little odd to me.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 8 of 8 (51 Views)
0 Likes