Highlighted
Nov 15 2006
By: bdawg923 Fender Bender 4636 posts

I got my license and a car!

30 replies 1 views Edited Nov 15, 2006
So last thursday I went for my road test. My driving teacher brought me there an hour prior to the test. But since nobody was in line, the man asked me if I wanted to take my test an hour early and I thought why not, so I agreed. I was a bit nervous and shaky for the first couple of blocks but then I just imagined it being a regular lesson and felt more at ease. I stopped at every stop sign and signaled at every corner. Things were going great. Then he asked me to park.

Now, during my lessons, I parked perfectly each time. I never had a problem. I always made only 3 moves (which is what you're allowed on the road test) and which is how everyone should parallel park. I stopped a bit short of where I shoul have and starting backing up. I hit the curb!! I thought for sure I would fail. So I ended up making 6 moves instead of 3 but the guy was nice and just told me to work on parking. Then I was so nervous I forgot to signal left before I turned. But he didn't notice and I didn't say anything.

So when it all ended, I finally got my license and just yesterday I got a 2003 Infiniti G35 (my second favorite car- the first being the coupe Smiley Very Happy)
This is what my car looks like: here

Does anybody have any tips? Anyone had experience with this car? How is the car (reliable, etc.)? Share your license stories!
Message 1 of 31 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6345 posts

Re: I got my license and a car!

Nov 15, 2006
congrats and dammmm thats a nice car cant really help u cuz im currently driving a chevy cav so... but im saving up to buy a civic, subaru or a lancer.
Add me, PSN xRobby
Photobucket
War is where the young and stupid are tricked by the old and bitter to kill each other.'' - Niko Bellic
Message 2 of 31 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7820 posts

Nov 15, 2006

Your link to the coupe was bleeped out so I thought I'd post a pic for those who have been in the closet for the past 5 years and don't know what a G35 Coupe looks like .

Anywho, my advice to new drivers is don't wreck.

It's very much like my advice to old drivers, which is don't wreck.

That's a very nice car for a new driver . Congratulations!!!

Have fun driving .

Message Edited by Overclocked Cellist on 11-15-2006 01:50 PM
Formerly "Overclocked Cellist"
Message 3 of 31 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7473 posts

Nov 15, 2006
Damn thats a nice car...
I also back over the curb during my test, but then i said that the curb ran into me and the guy that was testing me just laughed.
But yea, that is a nice car, but be safe with it, ive seen those things wrapped around lightpoles before. dont be stupid and start racing anyone.
Liquidfire3240
Message 4 of 31 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4636 posts

Nov 15, 2006
Thanks!! I'll try my best not to wreck. And thanks for posting a pic of the car, I didn't realize the link was bleeped out.

Overclocked Cellist wrote:

Your link to the coupe was bleeped out so I thought I'd post a pic for those who have been in the closet for the past 5 years and don't know what a G35 Coupe looks like .

Anywho, my advice to new drivers is don't wreck.

It's very much like my advice to old drivers, which is don't wreck.

That's a very nice car for a new driver . Congratulations!!!

Have fun driving .

Message Edited by Overclocked Cellist on 11-15-2006 01:50 PM

Message 5 of 31 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5282 posts

Nov 15, 2006
damm man u got that money huh ur first car is a g35 thats madd girls for u haha
Message 6 of 31 (1 View)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12488 posts

Nov 15, 2006

PSPdawg wrote:
So last thursday I went for my road test. My driving teacher brought me there an hour prior to the test. But since nobody was in line, the man asked me if I wanted to take my test an hour early and I thought why not, so I agreed. I was a bit nervous and shaky for the first couple of blocks but then I just imagined it being a regular lesson and felt more at ease. I stopped at every stop sign and signaled at every corner. Things were going great. Then he asked me to park.

Now, during my lessons, I parked perfectly each time. I never had a problem. I always made only 3 moves (which is what you're allowed on the road test) and which is how everyone should parallel park. I stopped a bit short of where I shoul have and starting backing up. I hit the curb!! I thought for sure I would fail. So I ended up making 6 moves instead of 3 but the guy was nice and just told me to work on parking. Then I was so nervous I forgot to signal left before I turned. But he didn't notice and I didn't say anything.

So when it all ended, I finally got my license and just yesterday I got a 2003 Infiniti G35 (my second favorite car- the first being the coupe Smiley Very Happy)
This is what my car looks like: here

Does anybody have any tips? Anyone had experience with this car? How is the car (reliable, etc.)? Share your license stories!

That's a pretty nice looking car, dude!  BTW, my second driver's test I went through a stop sign, so trust me I did worse than you.  I even failed it the first time.

Watch out! House is about ready to hit you with his cane...
Message 7 of 31 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4900 posts

Nov 15, 2006
Man...I wish my parents would have bought me a car so I could spend all my money on video games. So immature...parents are setting their kids up for HUGE dissapointments in the future...
Message 8 of 31 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8934 posts

Nov 15, 2006
LMAO g35 SEDAN 6mt coupe ftw!
Gamertag: nyzballa12
134 LB FAM and East 161 Blood Fam you noe it
Fresh bandana and I'm blowin mad trees
YEH DIG?!
Message 9 of 31 (1 View)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10987 posts

Nov 15, 2006
Nice nice!! I like it. When I got my lisence all I got was an '86 White Ford Taurus with RED leather interior....it was $500 haha. That was 2 years ago though now I gots a '96 Mercury Sable GS.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 10 of 31 (1 View)
0 Likes