Jan 02 2007
By: madhive~ Treasure Hunter 7280 posts

I got my first phone, a Virgin Mobile Slice.

20 replies 8 views Edited Jan 2, 2007
Well, i am back from Pittsburgh, PA, i visited my family and we went to the "Shady Side" and at target, i got a phone, does anyone have this one, what are your thoughts, it is my FIRST phone, i don't want to be billed so i got a pay-as-you-go phone, how do you like yours, Virgin is real pissy about usb cables, they don't have one for the Slice, so you have to waste money on the $3 ringtones that are like 29.32kb.
But overall, i like it.

And by the way, have you discovered any hacks for it yet, maybe to get custom ringtones, like to send them to yourself?
Signature removed by Admin due to advertising of a commercial nature.
Message 1 of 21 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10336 posts

Re: I got my first phone, a Virgin Mobile Slice.

Jan 2, 2007

madhive wrote:
Well, i am back from Pittsburgh, PA, i visited my family and we went to the "Shady Side" and at target, i got a phone, does anyone have this one, what are your thoughts, it is my FIRST phone, i don't want to be billed so i got a pay-as-you-go phone, how do you like yours, Virgin is real pissy about usb cables, they don't have one for the Slice, so you have to waste money on the $3 ringtones that are like 29.32kb.
But overall, i like it.

And by the way, have you discovered any hacks for it yet, maybe to get custom ringtones, like to send them to yourself?

Since you have Virgin.... find out the real carrier like Verizon and see if you can get your phone's email address then you can send ringtones to yourself
Message 2 of 21 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7575 posts

Jan 2, 2007
yeah most phones dont hook up to computers via usb that ive seen but the rzrs can cant they?
Photobucket
Message 3 of 21 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7280 posts

Jan 2, 2007

Rogers Bell Problems wrote:

madhive wrote:
But overall, i like it.

Since you have Virgin.... find out the real carrier like Verizon and see if you can get your phone's email address then you can send ringtones to yourself

Have you been capable of this?
Message 4 of 21 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4935 posts

Jan 2, 2007
IDK about virgin mobile, but I have T-mobile pay as you go too, because I dont use my phone enough to justify paying 20-50 dollars a month for service.  On T-mobile to go, I use maybe only 10 dollars a month of min (at 10 cents a min and 10 cents per text) so its a pretty hefty savings.
Message 5 of 21 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7280 posts

Jan 2, 2007

mikey_424 wrote:
yeah most phones dont hook up to computers via usb that ive seen but the rzrs can cant they?

Yes, they do.
Message 6 of 21 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11637 posts

Jan 2, 2007
ouch im sorry
Message 7 of 21 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7280 posts

Jan 2, 2007

Experiment Jon wrote:
IDK about virgin mobile, but I have T-mobile pay as you go too, because I dont use my phone enough to justify paying 20-50 dollars a month for service.  On T-mobile to go, I use maybe only 10 dollars a month of min (at 10 cents a min and 10 cents per text) so its a pretty hefty savings.

I am twelve so i also am not capable of paying a bill.
Message 8 of 21 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7280 posts

Jan 2, 2007

animefreak111 wrote:
ouch im sorry

What?
Message 9 of 21 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5297 posts

Jan 2, 2007
You should have gotten Fido service...
Message 10 of 21 (8 Views)
0 Likes